russ and mary

stressed about our k3 application..give some advice

7 posts in this topic

hello vj's.. we're really stress about our k3 visa application..is there anyone who can give an advice?

this is how we started our application. We sent an entire package to the USCIS (CSC)on March 08, 2010 containing all of our documents (G-325, I-130, I-129f, I-134 all at one time)including the evidence of our relationship. We recieved an NOA1 on March 25, 2010 for I-130 but we did not recieved the NOA1 for I-129f.. We're really stressed about it coz its been 2 months. I'm wondering if we did the application right for sending it all to them at one time. anybody who can relate to this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I never did receive an NOA1 for the I129F, but my atty did. The NOA1's were supposed to go to both of us. I've also set the parameters to receive an e-mail whenever our aps are touched. That hasn't happened either.

I-130 Received Date per letter Feb 22, 2010

I-130 NOA1 Notice Date per letter Feb 28, 2010

I-130 Touched March 2, 2010

I-130 Touched March 23, 2010 no e-mail despite e-mail alert on, thankful nonetheless!

Kids Register of Birth Abroad & passport appointment March 31st, 2010 approved.

I-129F NOA1 April 8, 2010 (Let's see what happens with this K3 application) ugh!

I-129F Touched June 15, 2010

I-129F RFE (our atty forgot to complete 2 lines)

I-130 Approved June 23, 2010 121 days from NOA1

I-129F RFE details Received by USCIS July 7, 2010

I-130 Case # at NVC obtained July 8, 2010

I-130 NVC sent affidavit of support and visa bills July 8, 2010

I-129F approved by USCIS and sent to NVC

I-129F confirmed received by NVC and per supervisor, it will be administratively closed

I-129F letter recvd of administratively closed K3 app Aug 2, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, you sent too many documents to USCIS. When you petition for the K-3 (which is a dead visa by the way, save your time and stick with the I-130 for the CR-1) you are supposed to send in the I-129F with the NOA-1 of the I-130. And the I-134 isn't ever supposed to go to USCIS.

So don't expect your NOA-1 for the I-129F becuase you sent it at the wrong time. Don't worry about it now, stick with the route you're on, the cr-1

Study the guides on here so you can know what to expect in the future.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Well, you sent too many documents to USCIS. When you petition for the K-3 (which is a dead visa by the way, save your time and stick with the I-130 for the CR-1) you are supposed to send in the I-129F with the NOA-1 of the I-130. And the I-134 isn't ever supposed to go to USCIS.

So don't expect your NOA-1 for the I-129F becuase you sent it at the wrong time. Don't worry about it now, stick with the route you're on, the cr-1

Study the guides on here so you can know what to expect in the future.

Good luck.

---- thanks for the info..its really frustrating how this things turn out... and i can't stop worrying about it.. i know that we should have just do it in a normal way like everyone else..just we got a lot of stupid advise from other people. it wasn't really our idea to send the application this way..we were just advised to the lawyer that we hired one time and this was 1 year ago and it took us so long to gathered everything.:-( i don't even know if we're gonna be qualified for cr-1 coz we just got married a year ago and i've heard that getting a cr-1 visa really took a long time and i can't stand being away from my hubby:-(.. but one thing i'm really glad for is that our baby's us passport turn out okay.. everything in our relationship turn out perfect except for this visa thing. huhuhu so sad.:-(

I never did receive an NOA1 for the I129F, but my atty did. The NOA1's were supposed to go to both of us. I've also set the parameters to receive an e-mail whenever our aps are touched. That hasn't happened either.

----hi thanks for writing...i'm sure yours gonna turn out okay...yours is not as complicated. In our application we even write a letter to expedite but nothing happens. its been 2 months...we were just really confused about this whole thing. God knows best so we will just trust him...he's in control.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

one NEVER SENDS IN the I-129F with the I-130, same time. That's a mistake.

Now, things have changed since you first talked to that lawyer, considerably.

Filing for a K-3 visa with 'add-on' I-129F petition, after I-130 NOA-1 is received, is mostly a waste of time, since 1 FEB 2010 (see http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/ ) - NVC will administratively close the I-129F if it travels together with the I-130, coming in from USCIS.

Now - why is that?

Processing Times have significantly shrunk , since the Life Act (creating the K-3 visa) was enacted.

A K-3 vs CR-1, now, only has 2 to 3 months of difference in time, now; as opposed to 2 years difference in time.

Seriously - forget the K-3 - let 'God' take it from you, as he has something better in store for you - the CR-1 visa.

Have yer husband read up on NVC Processing soonish.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

one NEVER SENDS IN the I-129F with the I-130, same time. That's a mistake.

Now, things have changed since you first talked to that lawyer, considerably.

Filing for a K-3 visa with 'add-on' I-129F petition, after I-130 NOA-1 is received, is mostly a waste of time, since 1 FEB 2010 (see http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/ ) - NVC will administratively close the I-129F if it travels together with the I-130, coming in from USCIS.

Now - why is that?

Processing Times have significantly shrunk , since the Life Act (creating the K-3 visa) was enacted.

A K-3 vs CR-1, now, only has 2 to 3 months of difference in time, now; as opposed to 2 years difference in time.

Seriously - forget the K-3 - let 'God' take it from you, as he has something better in store for you - the CR-1 visa.

Have yer husband read up on NVC Processing soonish.

Good Luck !

hi...thanks for replying.. this really helps me a lot.. we will just really have to pursue the cr-1 visa... its much better anyways.. it will save a lot later on.. we got the noa1 and the received date is March 15, 2010 and notice date was march 23, 2010... what about u? are u waiting for the noa2? its nice to have people to talk to here who can relate:-)

best of luck

what does it mean when the say touched?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.