1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't checked the thread in a couple of weeks, and now I'm back to read all the news about approvals and successful interviews!!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on the approvals and the progress! :dance: :dance: :dance: I am so happy for all of you!(F)

(don't want to mention certain members so I don't forget any names in the middle :blush:)

As for us, we finally sent our AOS RFE reply on Sept. 3rd and it was received on the 6th. We had 2 touches on AOS on the 9th and 10th, and the application status now is: Request for Evidence Review. *fingers crossed!!!!!*

Hopefully we'll get some happy news soon as well. I can't wait to be done with immigration at least for a couple of years!

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news!! We finally got the actual green card today via mail. Thanks for everyone!! Everyone here in VJ gave us inspirations and guides to have our goal. Well, we'll see each other again, within two years from now. Good luck to everyone and congrats in advance!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news!! We finally got the actual green card today via mail. Thanks for everyone!! Everyone here in VJ gave us inspirations and guides to have our goal. Well, we'll see each other again, within two years from now. Good luck to everyone and congrats in advance!!

Congratulations! I was comparing your timeline to my wife's and I am amazed at how fast you have raced thru the process. Received visa 5/20/10, US entry 5/21/2010, Married 5/25/2010, filed AOS 6/1/2010. We were much slower at going thru the steps. My wife arrived 4/15/2010, but we did not get married until 5/29/2010 and did not file the AOS until 8/3/2010. We are currently preparing for our interview, which is scheduled for 10/22/2010. I read your review of the interview, but I wanted to ask you about how much evidence you had. When you had your interview on 8/16/2010 you had only been in the country for just over 10 weeks. That's not much time for comingling your financial lives. And let's face it, until you get your EAD, which you didnt get until the same day as your interview, you cant work and in California you can't even drive, so how much of a financial life can you have at that point anyway. :lol: For our interview, we are planning on taking pics of the wedding, honeymoon, parties, etc, copies of utility bills with her name on it, her health insurance card and some letters that were addressed to both of us, but at this point we dont have much else to bring. We are going to open a joint checking acct and bring a copy of that, but there won't be many transactions in it as of the interview. I am thinking of asking my landlady to add my wife's name to the apt lease. So my question to you is, how much evidence were you able to present at the interview after only 10 weeks of being in the US and was the IO cognizant of the fact that you had not been in the country long enough to acquire much evidence yet. Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject. Ingat :)

Edited by Bruin85

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Looks like someone has my file on the desk, touched 9th September 2010. At least some movement!

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Looks like someone has my file on the desk, touched 9th September 2010. At least some movement!

Lets hope that is a good sign, we are still waiting to receive anything after our interview (8/20), he implied we were ok but did not give a decision, we had touches on both I485 and I130 on 9/5 and 9/7 but no change in status and nothing in the mail :(.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 6/2

NOA Date : 6/10

Bio Appt letter date- 06/14

Bio. Appt. : 07/2

TOUCH (EAD/AOS)- 07/02, 07/05, 07/06, 07/08, 08/03 (AOS)

Interview Date : 08/20

EAD production ordered 08/04

AP delivered 08/09/10

EAD Mailed notice 08/13

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, we received an interview letter in the mail on Saturday ... interview is scheduled for October 15 at 7:30 am -- yikes! I compiled a bunch of proof for us to bring already and now I guess we just wait for it to come!

Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews and here's hoping for fast processing at CSC!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! I was comparing your timeline to my wife's and I am amazed at how fast you have raced thru the process. Received visa 5/20/10, US entry 5/21/2010, Married 5/25/2010, filed AOS 6/1/2010. We were much slower at going thru the steps. My wife arrived 4/15/2010, but we did not get married until 5/29/2010 and did not file the AOS until 8/3/2010. We are currently preparing for our interview, which is scheduled for 10/22/2010. I read your review of the interview, but I wanted to ask you about how much evidence you had. When you had your interview on 8/16/2010 you had only been in the country for just over 10 weeks. That's not much time for comingling your financial lives. And let's face it, until you get your EAD, which you didnt get until the same day as your interview, you cant work and in California you can't even drive, so how much of a financial life can you have at that point anyway. :lol: For our interview, we are planning on taking pics of the wedding, honeymoon, parties, etc, copies of utility bills with her name on it, her health insurance card and some letters that were addressed to both of us, but at this point we dont have much else to bring. We are going to open a joint checking acct and bring a copy of that, but there won't be many transactions in it as of the interview. I am thinking of asking my landlady to add my wife's name to the apt lease. So my question to you is, how much evidence were you able to present at the interview after only 10 weeks of being in the US and was the IO cognizant of the fact that you had not been in the country long enough to acquire much evidence yet. Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject. Ingat :)

I got the following evidences: joint bank account, included on my health insurance, dental insurance, cellphone bills, credit cards, wedding pics, with friends pics, engagement pics, tour pics, condo insurance, DMV address, new affidavit support, car insurance, and some greeting wish cards from friends and families. IO just picked three pictures from wedding pics, engagement pics and with friends/family pics. IO asked also for some join bank account, health/dental insurance and lease property (which i dont have joint lease account since I own the place but provided condo joint insurance). I think IO is looking for whatever joint account we have as a couple, the more, the merrier and more convincing!! Advise, flood the IO with all tons of co-mingling as a couple - evidences!!

Good luck!!

Just received text that Adam's GC is now in card production. Surprised there was no approval email first, just straight to card production... Either way, woohoo!! :dance:

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't checked the thread in a couple of weeks, and now I'm back to read all the news about approvals and successful interviews!!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on the approvals and the progress! :dance: :dance: :dance: I am so happy for all of you!(F)

(don't want to mention certain members so I don't forget any names in the middle :blush:)

As for us, we finally sent our AOS RFE reply on Sept. 3rd and it was received on the 6th. We had 2 touches on AOS on the 9th and 10th, and the application status now is: Request for Evidence Review. *fingers crossed!!!!!*

Hopefully we'll get some happy news soon as well. I can't wait to be done with immigration at least for a couple of years!

I hear ya Aya! I hope you get the request for interview letter in the mail soon.

That's fantastic news! Super congrats! kicking.gif

Sending you best wishes on your upcoming interview.

Yeah! Good to hear!

Lets hope that is a good sign, we are still waiting to receive anything after our interview (8/20), he implied we were ok but did not give a decision, we had touches on both I485 and I130 on 9/5 and 9/7 but no change in status and nothing in the mail :(.

I see your EAD is moving. Any news after the interview since your last post? Maybe you're local office is slow? Here's hoping for some good news soon!

Hey everyone, we received an interview letter in the mail on Saturday ... interview is scheduled for October 15 at 7:30 am -- yikes! I compiled a bunch of proof for us to bring already and now I guess we just wait for it to come!

Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews and here's hoping for fast processing at CSC!

Congrats on your upcoming interview!

I got the following evidences: joint bank account, included on my health insurance, dental insurance, cellphone bills, credit cards, wedding pics, with friends pics, engagement pics, tour pics, condo insurance, DMV address, new affidavit support, car insurance, and some greeting wish cards from friends and families. IO just picked three pictures from wedding pics, engagement pics and with friends/family pics. IO asked also for some join bank account, health/dental insurance and lease property (which i dont have joint lease account since I own the place but provided condo joint insurance). I think IO is looking for whatever joint account we have as a couple, the more, the merrier and more convincing!! Advise, flood the IO with all tons of co-mingling as a couple - evidences!!

Good luck!!

Thanks for the advice. It helps us all here to know what else we may bring.

Just received text that Adam's GC is now in card production. Surprised there was no approval email first, just straight to card production... Either way, woohoo!! :dance:

Congrats! Hopefully you're see GC in the mail soon! good.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Welp, our interview is tomorrow. We've collected our joint evidence. I have 4-5 statements for our joint bank account. Some print outs of our joint Paypal account. Five letters of support from friends and family about our relationship from the following, Grandma, Mom, Best Friend, His Sister, and His Brother-in-Law. The letters are in their own words and very touching. We also have two statements for our Verizon Family Plan phone bill showing all phone numbers on it and who we call ect. It's Mom's, Grandma, Myself and Hubby on it. Then I have a shutterfly photobook I made of his time here. Along with studio pictures for our wedding, picture from the wedding in the mosque with friends and family, and pictures from the past such as trips over to Egypt and living together. Our wedding announcement, cards from friends and family address to me in my married name and addressed to both of us for invitations to family events here. I also am bringing an album of his hand written letters to me from Egypt while he was serving in the Egyptian Military. I think I'm bringing a lot of evidence to prove our relationship and I hope that it's enough for our local IO.

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Welp, our interview is tomorrow. We've collected our joint evidence. I have 4-5 statements for our joint bank account. Some print outs of our joint Paypal account. Five letters of support from friends and family about our relationship from the following, Grandma, Mom, Best Friend, His Sister, and His Brother-in-Law. The letters are in their own words and very touching. We also have two statements for our Verizon Family Plan phone bill showing all phone numbers on it and who we call ect. It's Mom's, Grandma, Myself and Hubby on it. Then I have a shutterfly photobook I made of his time here. Along with studio pictures for our wedding, picture from the wedding in the mosque with friends and family, and pictures from the past such as trips over to Egypt and living together. Our wedding announcement, cards from friends and family address to me in my married name and addressed to both of us for invitations to family events here. I also am bringing an album of his hand written letters to me from Egypt while he was serving in the Egyptian Military. I think I'm bringing a lot of evidence to prove our relationship and I hope that it's enough for our local IO.

Good luck tomorrow!!

Hope everything will be smooth sailing. :)

Yikes! I'm glad ours is at 10 a.m.

Good luck!

Me too! I also received the letter yesterday. My interview is scheduled for October 12th too! :thumbs:

:thumbs: Good luck!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just had my AOS interview this morning and I GOT APPROVED!!! Thanks to everybody who helped me and Good Luck to all the rest who are still waiting. Believe me, its worth waiting for :dance::dance: :dance:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

I still haven't heard anything yet in regards to my biometrics appt. I asked my husband to contact his congressman, but he is stubborn and thinks that because it is less than 30 days since our service request that the congressman won't do anything about it. It is so frustrating on both sides :(

Glad to hear that everyone is getting their approvals and cards :)

Hope you'll get some good news soon!

I just had my AOS interview this morning and I GOT APPROVED!!! Thanks to everybody who helped me and Good Luck to all the rest who are still waiting. Believe me, its worth waiting for :dance::dance: :dance:

Congrats! Share some review, pretty please.. :)

Congrats!

Timeline

Good luck tomorrow!!

Thanks finallyfree for all your support! good.gif

Big Congrats! kicking.gif Does this mean you'll be getting your 10 year GC? I agree with finallyfree, please help us by sharing your review, pretty please. innocent.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the link where I posted my AOS Interview Experience. Good Luck to all!

@Cleo, Good luck on your interview tom :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.