Sayha or bust.

Any good Deals on Flights?

31 posts in this topic

Delta.. I hate the flight attendants but they gave me a decent pricein Dec.. American was who I got really cheap in Nov.... but I flew through DFW that time...

I flew delta in december also, might been on the same plane.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I flew delta in december also, might been on the same plane.

Minneapolis to Tokyo to Saigon.

Buddha.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Try flying from San Fran, this is usually the cheapest place to fly from, and then use any frequent flyer miles you have to get you from where you are to San Fran, this is the cheapest way, I know I never liked to book my own connections, but if you want to save, go that route, if possible I would show up in San Fran late the night before and simply stay at the airport, the only draw back to this is that you will have to pay for checked bags since your first flight will be domestic and not international, so figure that in with the price and see if it helps. EVA is 1690 from san fran to HCMC on the 8th of july, listed on orbitz, and then 1494 on the 7th with phillippine air, but this one has a 2 stops instead of the one on the 8th another trick is to leave on a Thursday or Wednesday to save some money as well. Hope this helps Jerome

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=149f&r=1g&z=14a1&r=1i&lastPage=interstitial

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=4548&r=9x&z=454a&r=9z&lastPage=interstitial

Edited by jeromebinh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Try flying from San Fran, this is usually the cheapest place to fly from, and then use any frequent flyer miles you have to get you from where you are to San Fran, this is the cheapest way, I know I never liked to book my own connections, but if you want to save, go that route, if possible I would show up in San Fran late the night before and simply stay at the airport, the only draw back to this is that you will have to pay for checked bags since your first flight will be domestic and not international, so figure that in with the price and see if it helps. EVA is 1690 from san fran to HCMC on the 8th of july, listed on orbitz, and then 1494 on the 7th with phillippine air, but this one has a 2 stops instead of the one on the 8th another trick is to leave on a Thursday or Wednesday to save some money as well. Hope this helps Jerome

http://www.orbitz.co...ge=interstitial

Sorry I did not pay attention to your dates, this is a link from San Fran on the 30th to Aug 22nd and it is $1688 on china airlines

If you can leave on the 28th this one shows $1474 with 2 stops from San Fran and comes back on the 22nd with phillipine air

$359 if you leave the day before and arrive the day after from Chicago to San Fran for your july 30th to the 22nd

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=224d&r=1by&z=224f&r=1c0&lastPage=interstitial

Just remember there will be a checked bag fee from San Fran to Chicago

Edited by jeromebinh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've flown Singapore Air last 3 trips because of price...can't beat 500/600/800 tickets from Houston... :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Sorry I did not pay attention to your dates, this is a link from San Fran on the 30th to Aug 22nd and it is $1688 on china airlines

If you can leave on the 28th this one shows $1474 with 2 stops from San Fran and comes back on the 22nd with phillipine air

Im from Iowa, pretty expensive to get to San fran, I only have about 16,000 sky miles with delta. If i have to pay 2000 plus, I will, maybe I WILL GET LUCKY. i WILL CHECK THE THE 28TH FOR CHEAPER FLIGHTS

Buddha.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Im from Iowa, pretty expensive to get to San fran, I only have about 16,000 sky miles with delta. If i have to pay 2000 plus, I will, maybe I WILL GET LUCKY. i WILL CHECK THE THE 28TH FOR CHEAPER FLIGHTS

Have you checked the Milwaukee links I sent? If you're willing to drive to Chicago Milwaukee really isn't much farther and can save you a couple of hundred dollars...plus I think the parking is much cheaper. Obviously people suggesting that you fly out of places really far away is not an option.

The simple thinking says, go with the cheapest online middleman you can, like "El Cheapo Tix .com". WRONG. Buy directly thru the airline website for almost the same price, and in case of a flight delay or cancellation, you will feel like the smartest man in the room.

Good luck!

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country:
Timeline

The simple thinking says, go with the cheapest online middleman you can, like "El Cheapo Tix .com". WRONG. Buy directly thru the airline website for almost the same price, and in case of a flight delay or cancellation, you will feel like the smartest man in the room.

Good luck!

I can attest to this. I bought a ticket through orbitz that combined Delta and a second airline. Needless to say, it was a disaster. The second airline changed the time of my departure but instead of entering January 2 2010, someone put January 2 2009, even though we were now in December of 2009. Well, Delta's computers froze because of the mistake and the other airline refused to acknowledge its errors. Delta did everything to correct the problem that they could (winning them a very loyal customer), but the other airline refused to acknowledge its error. Orbitz, as the seller, should have worked to resolve the problem, but refused to do anything and when the Delta agent tried to talk to a Orbitz supervisor, she hung up on him. After helping me out for over 5 hours, the Delta agent finally managed to resolve the problem, but I missed my original flight and arrived a couple of days late. If the price is the same or even a bit more, I buy directly from Delta now.

Edited by Indy90

Timeline

Want to leave for Vietnam anywhere from July 30 or around the first and arrive back August 22, I know this is a expensive month anybody know of any good deals, I've priced them at about 2000 dollars or more. I could leave from Chicago, Illinois. Got any suggestions?

Spectrum Travel in Minneapolis.

http://www.myspectrumtravel.com/

Tel: (612) 821-1040

Toll Free: 1-888-550-7190

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

I can attest to this. I bought a ticket through orbitz that combined Delta and a second airline. Needless to say, it was a disaster. The second airline changed the time of my departure but instead of entering January 2 2010, someone put January 2 2009, even though we were now in December of 2009. Well, Delta's computers froze because of the mistake and the other airline refused to acknowledge its errors. Delta did everything to correct the problem that they could (winning them a very loyal customer), but the other airline refused to acknowledge its error. Orbitz, as the seller, should have worked to resolve the problem, but refused to do anything and when the Delta agent tried to talk to a Orbitz supervisor, she hung up on him. After helping me out for over 5 hours, the Delta agent finally managed to resolve the problem, but I missed my original flight and arrived a couple of days late. If the price is the same or even a bit more, I buy directly from Delta now.

I also agree with this. One time I flew out of Saigon on Shanghai Airlines and it was late getting to the airport in Shanghai. I missed my flight which was on Delta. All the ticket agents for Delta went home, so I had to deal with Shanghai airlines, they put me in a hotel outside the airport. Then I had to catch the Delta flight the next day. It was a bit nerve wracking to say the least.

Now I prefer same airlines with the connection flights. Just like I have now with EVA which will take me from Seattle to Taiwan, then to Vietnam. Last time I flew with them, they had a slight delay. By the time I got off the plane in Taiwan, they already had ticket agents awaiting us with new boarding passes for the next flight. Those Taiwanese people are efficient!

K-1 Visa Timeline

October 2008 - First visit with Kha in Vietnam

November 2008 - Proposed to Kha

January 2009 - Sent I-129f petition for fiance visa

March 2009 - I-129f approved

July 2009 - Kha has interview (got blue sheet, need more evidence)

September 2009 - Second visit with Kha (Engagement Ceremony)

October 2009 - Kha went to US Consulate (got another blue sheet, denied visa)

December 2009 - Received notice from US Consulate, they sent docs back to USCIS

March 2010 - Received Notice of Decision from USCIS, all action is concluded.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

February 18-25, 2010 - Third visit to Vietnam, interview for marriage certificate

March 13-21, 2010 - Fourth visit to Vietnam, signed the book for marriage - yes!

April 16, 2010 - Sent I-130 petition for spousal visa

April 23, 2010 - I-797C, Notice Of Action

July 10, 2010 - Fifth visit to Vietnam, formal marriage ceremony and honeymoon!

October 26, 2010 - I-797, Notice Of Action - Approval!

NVC Process

November 12, 2010 - Letter received, case number assigned

November 15, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via email

November 17, 2010 - AOS online payment made

November 20, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via FEDEX

November 23, 2010 - NVC Received DS-3032

December 11, 2010 - DS-230 packet sent via FEDEX

December 14, 2010 - NVC Received DS-230 packet

December 21, 2010 - Received Checklist Cover Letter from NVC

January 6, 2011 - Case Completed

January 8, 2011 - SIF (Sign in Fail)

February 28, 2011 - Received email from NVC, Interview Scheduled for April 28

April 28, 2011 - Wife has the interview and PASSED!!

Wow, great testimony, Indy. Let me guess, you saved $50 USD by buying a "patchwork quilt" of connecting flights. :lol: Sheesh, even if someone was "saving" $250, it would not be worth it. Recently, I saw a petitioner here who had his girl wait in Japan for 9 hours on a lay over, so he could "save" a few bucks. The takeaway? There is NO FREE LUNCH. We PAY one way, or another, and cannot outsmart the market. It just FEELS like we are getting away with something.

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.