Sayha or bust.

Any good Deals on Flights?

31 posts in this topic

Want to leave for Vietnam anywhere from July 30 or around the first and arrive back August 22, I know this is a expensive month anybody know of any good deals, I've priced them at about 2000 dollars or more. I could leave from Chicago, Illinois. Got any suggestions?

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

contact a VN travel agent here in the US... You could save 20% or more... try h&l travel .. 727-526-0981 or 727-526-3002...

others in Houston or Cali may have #'s

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

contact a VN travel agent here in the US... You could save 20% or more... try h&l travel .. 727-526-0981 or 727-526-3002...

others in Houston or Cali may have #'s

Thanks, she's checking flights now.

Buddha.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Want to leave for Vietnam anywhere from July 30 or around the first and arrive back August 22, I know this is a expensive month anybody know of any good deals, I've priced them at about 2000 dollars or more. I could leave from Chicago, Illinois. Got any suggestions?

On Kayak.com, there are flights in that time period on All Nippon for around $1850 to Ho Chi Minh City. If you are willing to go to Milwaukee, there are flights for $1763, but the layovers are worse than flying from Chicago (it adds about 6 hours each way). The Milwaukee flights can be bought on Continental.com and here is the Kayak link

http://www.kayak.com/r/L2KQ19?force=remaining&clienttimeout=true

Here is the link for the All Nippon flight that can be bought on All Nippon's website

http://www.kayak.com/r/Kvf87G

If you pushed everything back a couple of weeks it looks like you could go as low as $1300

I don't know if a travel agent will be able to find better deals. Hopefully!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just got a reservation from Seattle to Vietnam for $1620.00, flying out on July 7. Got it through a VN travel agent from DC. I wished I could get something cheaper, but it's the best she could do for me.

I'm gonna do some more searching this weekend and try to find something better.

Good luck!

-michael

K-1 Visa Timeline

October 2008 - First visit with Kha in Vietnam

November 2008 - Proposed to Kha

January 2009 - Sent I-129f petition for fiance visa

March 2009 - I-129f approved

July 2009 - Kha has interview (got blue sheet, need more evidence)

September 2009 - Second visit with Kha (Engagement Ceremony)

October 2009 - Kha went to US Consulate (got another blue sheet, denied visa)

December 2009 - Received notice from US Consulate, they sent docs back to USCIS

March 2010 - Received Notice of Decision from USCIS, all action is concluded.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

February 18-25, 2010 - Third visit to Vietnam, interview for marriage certificate

March 13-21, 2010 - Fourth visit to Vietnam, signed the book for marriage - yes!

April 16, 2010 - Sent I-130 petition for spousal visa

April 23, 2010 - I-797C, Notice Of Action

July 10, 2010 - Fifth visit to Vietnam, formal marriage ceremony and honeymoon!

October 26, 2010 - I-797, Notice Of Action - Approval!

NVC Process

November 12, 2010 - Letter received, case number assigned

November 15, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via email

November 17, 2010 - AOS online payment made

November 20, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via FEDEX

November 23, 2010 - NVC Received DS-3032

December 11, 2010 - DS-230 packet sent via FEDEX

December 14, 2010 - NVC Received DS-230 packet

December 21, 2010 - Received Checklist Cover Letter from NVC

January 6, 2011 - Case Completed

January 8, 2011 - SIF (Sign in Fail)

February 28, 2011 - Received email from NVC, Interview Scheduled for April 28

April 28, 2011 - Wife has the interview and PASSED!!

Timeline

I tried explaining to Thuy that this is the expensive time of the year.. right up there with Christmas and Tet... Hard to believe it cost me just over $700 RT from Fl to HaNoi last Nov... now around 2k on the low end...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Try flying from a major hub like NYC or San Francisco or Seattle. Domestic flights are MUCH cheaper, so if you can find a flight from one of the major hubs for about 1000 you'll save 500-1000....

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

I tried explaining to Thuy that this is the expensive time of the year.. right up there with Christmas and Tet... Hard to believe it cost me just over $700 RT from Fl to HaNoi last Nov... now around 2k on the low end...

Sayha, feels the same way. I paid 2100 for two tickets in December. Now it looks like I will pay 2,000 for one. I assured her I would go at any cost. I knew working 2 jobs would pay off sometime.

Try flying from a major hub like NYC or San Francisco or Seattle. Domestic flights are MUCH cheaper, so if you can find a flight from one of the major hubs for about 1000 you'll save 500-1000....

Major Hub would be Chicago and not much cheaper than from my small Illinois airport.

Buddha.

Timeline

look to see how much it would cost out of minneapolis.. delta runs alot of flights to Japan from there.. could be worth a rental car and a drive to fly from there...

Timeline

Major Hub would be Chicago and not much cheaper than from my small Illinois airport.

Other major hubs often have sales prices though...and also, check prices from the carriers directly. Sometimes they post flight specials that are limited time offers. If you're flexible, you should price out flights 3-6 months for best pricing...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

It's hard to believe the lady that booked my flight last time, hasn't been able to book me for 3 weeks and the one I called today won't get back to me.

Buddha.

Timeline

Other major hubs often have sales prices though...and also, check prices from the carriers directly. Sometimes they post flight specials that are limited time offers. If you're flexible, you should price out flights 3-6 months for best pricing...

I called the carrier direct in Dec and got a better price than I could find on the net... and they also had a lowest rpice gurantee that if they were not the lowest.. I get the lowest price and a credit for my next flight..

I had to take my vacation by August 23rd. I have no other options

Buddha.

look to see how much it would cost out of minneapolis.. delta runs alot of flights to Japan from there.. could be worth a rental car and a drive to fly from there...

What carrier? I wanna call. I'm getting desperate.

Buddha.

Timeline

Delta.. I hate the flight attendants but they gave me a decent pricein Dec.. American was who I got really cheap in Nov.... but I flew through DFW that time...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.