MAS

HELP ME TO THIS!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, what do you think in this situation of Our marriage, still wondering WHY until now the X-of My Husband still on HIS account in the BANK,and everytime that I ask Him(Husband) can't be deleted/erase in the record because that is the policy in the Bank..they divorced 2005..and they are joined on it.

And My question is Is that really the policy or regulation in the bank here???once your wife is in the secondary of the account you can't easily delete her name??I am the legal wife now so I have a right to ask about it!

PLS HELP...

We tried to open a new account and I am the primary on these new Bank now and He is the secondary..but all the money is there (original bank account).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, what do you think in this situation of Our marriage, still wondering WHY until now the X-of My Husband still on HIS account in the BANK,and everytime that I ask Him(Husband) can't be deleted/erase in the record because that is the policy in the Bank..they divorced 2005..and they are joined on it.

And My question is Is that really the policy or regulation in the bank here???once your wife is in the secondary of the account you can't easily delete her name??I am the legal wife now so I have a right to ask about it!

PLS HELP...

We tried to open a new account and I am the primary on these new Bank now and He is the secondary..but all the money is there (original bank account).

A joint account is a joint account... you do not need to be married to have a joint account. It is not his account but their account. He simply needs to STOP using it. All he needs do is open a new account in his name only or jointly with you...

That is the first thing he should have done 5 years ago right after the divorce

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

A joint account is a joint account... you do not need to be married to have a joint account. It is not his account but their account. He simply needs to STOP using it. All he needs do is open a new account in his name only or jointly with you...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

PLS HELP...

JOINTORS in a bank account may not be removed. To totally do away with the account is to close it. End of story. Tell your husband to do that ASAP.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline

Yes I know that, but first thing is I thought its by now, but its not its hard in My part and I don't want to have an argumentation happen again beacuse of that question to Him...My point is I don't know what is the best things to do, and I am almost 2 years here in US,and we need to have a joint for My removal of status...it dosen't mean that I am after in His money, the BIG question is I don't know really about this w hy He really need to hide to me!its been a long timesince 2005..

When I arrived here I ask Him about everything "if they have still communicating to each other"well thats not fair in My part coz now I am His legal wife,and before He told me that, its says its only a statement of the Bank but until now still there!

He is the one who call to the Bank to stop it or close it and open again...huh too bad but thanks for your reply, thats what I am thinking too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, trying to 'get something done' with a bank OVER THE PHONE is useless.

IF he is the primary account holder - HE can walk in with divorce decree, and have her removed, also close the account.

Emphasis on 'walk in' .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes I know that, but first thing is I thought its by now, but its not its hard in My part and I don't want to have an argumentation happen again beacuse of that question to Him...My point is I don't know what is the best things to do, and I am almost 2 years here in US,and we need to have a joint for My removal of status...it dosen't mean that I am after in His money, the BIG question is I don't know really about this w hy He really need to hide to me!its been a long timesince 2005..

When I arrived here I ask Him about everything "if they have still communicating to each other"well thats not fair in My part coz now I am His legal wife,and before He told me that, its says its only a statement of the Bank but until now still there!

He is the one who call to the Bank to stop it or close it and open again...huh too bad but thanks for your reply, thats what I am thinking too.

just relax, don't jump inot conclusions. It may be that she's still in the account but has no access to it anymore. Whatever the case may be, don't dwell on it and just have him close the account and open the new one to avoid further issues. Focus on the solution.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

Timeline

IMO, trying to 'get something done' with a bank OVER THE PHONE is useless.

IF he is the primary account holder - HE can walk in with divorce decree, and have her removed, also close the account.

Emphasis on 'walk in' .

yes that's what I am telling to Him but He dosent listen to me..I told Him to close it and open again beacause i am your legal wife but he said NOT for now because He is using that for many years in His life..

thanks your reply!

JOINTORS in a bank account may not be removed. To totally do away with the account is to close it. End of story. Tell your husband to do that ASAP.

thanks I told HIm already about that, but still no action on it..

just relax, don't jump inot conclusions. It may be that she's still in the account but has no access to it anymore. Whatever the case may be, don't dwell on it and just have him close the account and open the new one to avoid further issues. Focus on the solution.

Timeline

access??yes she is, she did.... and 2 months ago My Husband paid to Her credit.and its about almost $4,000. so still now she can access for that., but not only for one month in that amount...and everytime I received a mail from bank theres a name of a girl on it..too bad.

Timeline

Well, if he's just taking you for granted over a simple request like that, then that becomes a serious issue. Sit down with him and tell him that's what you want him to do for your peace of mind and if he loves you, he should understand and respect that and do it.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Timeline

Well, if he's just taking you for granted over a simple request like that, then that becomes a serious issue. Sit down with him and tell him that's what you want him to do for your peace of mind and if he loves you, he should understand and respect that and do it.

Timeline

You know what, we talked about that while we are watching TV and just done eating, and not only once or twice..but now He dosen't want to listen again for my complain about that, I am not complaining My point really for now is to know WHEN He is free/vacant and go to the Bank to do an action for that..too complicated in other words..WHY HE CAN'T DIRECTLY TALK TO ME of what they are both agreed during their divorced.

Timeline

that's what i thought since 2005 then now still in there..

yes it should be done by now, but still she keep on doing like that!, i mean she can still used the credit card of course they are joint..so she can still access for that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

that's what i thought since 2005 then now still in there..

yes it should be done by now, but still she keep on doing like that!, i mean she can still used the credit card of course they are joint..so she can still access for that.

Either party can max out the credit cards or drain every dollar from the bank account. If his ex max's out the credit card HE is JOINTLY liable for that debt. If he puts $10,000 in the bank account and she takes it out, he has NO recourse against her, because any money put in that account belongs to them BOTH.

YMMV

the best thing for him to do is close that particular account and open a new one, end of the problem...

Why Do I Love To Cook?

I love to make people happy and amazingly enough nothing can put a big satisfied smile on someones face after a good hearty meal. That's why I love to cook.

Pinoy Recipe

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 06/23/08

I-129F NOA1 : 07/03/08

Touched: 07/01/08

Touched: 07/11/08

Touched: 10/09/08 NOA2

NOA2 hard copy: 10/18/08

I-129F left NVC: 10/16/08

NVC letter: 10/21/08

USEM received the papers: 10/23/08

Physical exam at SLEC: 11/06-07/08 - Passed

Appointment letter received: 11/10/08

Interview schedule: 11/14/08 - Passed

Visa Received : 11/22/2008... thank God...

US Entry : 12/03/2008

Marriage : 02/14/2008

POE: Guam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.