JenAndBabs

Finally had email from Accra Embassy!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So today I finally received a reply to the email I sent Accra more than a month ago requesting them to email me my fiance's appointment letter. My fiance picked up his packet on May 12, so it's all after the fact. The email they sent me states that he picked up his packet on the 12th and that their records show that his interview is scheduled for NOVEMBER 2ND. That's weird, because the date he was issued with his packet is NOVEMBER 1ST!

So I guess we will be showing up both days, just in case.

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So today I finally received a reply to the email I sent Accra more than a month ago requesting them to email me my fiance's appointment letter. My fiance picked up his packet on May 12, so it's all after the fact. The email they sent me states that he picked up his packet on the 12th and that their records show that his interview is scheduled for NOVEMBER 2ND. That's weird, because the date he was issued with his packet is NOVEMBER 1ST!

Congratulations!

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

I sent my first email on the 7th- when did you send yours?

I have since sent some more and still nothing!

I sent my email on the 27th, so maybe in another week you will hear back too. Originally I had emailed them asking them to mail me the appointment letter and they did that (snail mail) back in mid-May, without ever answering the email. So I think someone reads them sooner than they get around to actually answering.

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I through the help of lisa got the number and know the letter was sent to my fiance on the 27th. But so far nothing- the post office said maybe two weeks from Accra to Kumasi! Which is crazy but we will see. He will go new week. I really just want our interview date- don't care when it is- just want it to be scheduled! at this point that is an accomplishment in itself! I know its gonna be a wait but a light at the end of the tunnel is worth something. I will be looking to all of you who have your interviews in october and november for any additional hints you can give for an 'easy' interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations! I don't know what's the deal with Accra Consulate, it seems there is a line of people strung out over a year, this gives great hope to those Ghana couples waiting far too long for some contact. Thanks for the great news!

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congratulations :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS! :dance:

TIMELINE

FEBRUARY 27,2009 - Meet

MARCH 27,2009 - Flew to Ghana to meet Evans and his family

APRIL 8,2009 - Returned to USA

FEBRUARY 10,2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - Received NOA 1 ( Hard Copy)

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - touched

NONE- RFE received

MAY 21,2010 - Touched

MAY 21,2010 - NOA2 received (EMAIL)

MAY 26,2010 - NOA 2 received hard copy

MAY 26,2010 - NVC received

June 10,2010 - NVC sent to Embassy of Ghana

June 14,2010 - EMBASSY received (got an e-mail after sending them an e-mail)

June 23rd - July 2nd - Going to Ghana

July 28,2010 - Packet 3 & 4

November 9,2010 - Medicals

November 15,2010 - Vaccinations (4 shots. the next 2 shots are on the 14th)

December 21,2010 - Interview

March 31,2011 - 2nd Interview

?? - Visa pick-up date

?? - EVANS arrival

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Get married

?? - Start AOS process

event.png

event.png

event.png

GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.