J&N*

Wedding locations

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiancé and I are trying to find a place for our wedding reception in Florida that doesn't require us to use one of their caters, they are over priced and we will only have 30 guests max (They price their menus real high if the number of guests is low) We can't afford to pay $2000 just for catering as we want other things in the wedding (Professional photographer, a DJ..) and we want to buy new furniture and afford a fun honeymoon. We decided we and our families can cook instead, I know a lot of couples who did that.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, my fiancé is new to this and with me living so far away can't help much.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Junita

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé and I are trying to find a place for our wedding reception in Florida that doesn't require us to use one of their caters, they are over priced and we will only have 30 guests max (They price their menus real high if the number of guests is low) We can't afford to pay $2000 just for catering as we want other things in the wedding (Professional photographer, a DJ..) and we want to buy new furniture and afford a fun honeymoon. We decided we and our families can cook instead, I know a lot of couples who did that.

We had our reception at a Chinese restaurant and so did my brother. It cost a lot less than $2000 I assure you. If you decide on it undercount your guests as we got stuck with the extra food.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, my fiancé is new to this and with me living so far away can't help much.

Thank you so much!

I am in Southeast Florida (Ft. Lauderdale general area) and am of a similar mind regarding the wedding reception. Niether one of us is hung up on any glitz or fancy traditions, we just want to have a nice time with all of our friends & family without being taken to the cleaners in the process. I like the other poster's suggestion of the Chinese restaurant, and I can take it a bit further - I know of several excellent Asian/Sushu/Seafood/Grill restaurants in the local tri-county area that serve a marvelous selection of great food in an all you can eat buffet style, and several of them have private or semi-private rooms as well. They generally do offer to host private parties, and the cost can be quite attractive. I'm seriously considering such an option for the reception to follow the actual ceremony, which could hopefully be held outdoors at a beachfront or park location before heading over to the reception. Perhaps we can compare notes here (and/or offline) on such options. By the way, do you mind if I ask where in Florida you are located?

VanessaDanA600x450.jpg

10-11-2008 Dan & Vanessa First Meet Online

01-15-2009 Dan's First Visit To Vanessa In Colombia

06-27-2009 We Are Engaged!

07-01-2009 Vanessa Asks Her Long Estranged Panamanian Ex For An Official Divorce

10-12-2009 Panama Approves Vanessa's Divorce But DOESN'T MAIL HER ANY NOTICE!!!

01-15-2010 We FINALLY Obtain A Div Cert From The Footdragging Idiots In Panama

02-25-2010 Our Completed I-129 Application Package Dropped Off With The Lawyer

03-01-2010 Lawyer Finds & Fixes Several Errors & Submits Package to VSC

03-10-2010 NOA-1

03-15-2010 Touched

06-01-2010 NOA-2

06-03-2010 NVC Received & New Case # Issued

06-15-2010 NVC Finally Sent File To Bogota Embassy

06-17-2010 DHL Delivers To Bogota Embassy (and disappears in the mail room for 4 days!)

06-22-2010 E-mailed Completed Packet 3 Forms To Embassy Requesting Interview Date

06-29-2010 DOS Confirms By Phone That We Have An Embassy Interview Date On 12 August!

08-12-2010 Interview Successful But Vanessa Must Return With Missing Paperwork For Final Approval

09-01-2010 Papers Now In Hand BUT Can't Get A New Appointment Until 12 Days After Calling PIN

09-13-2010 Vanessa is APPROVED At Follow-up Interview, Awaiting Visa Delivery In 8 - 10 Business Days

10-03-2010 Planned POE In Fort Lauderdale Florida

10-30-2010 Planned Wedding In Orlando Florida

Click On This Link To See Dan's Video Love Song To Vanessa

Timeline

Seeing as how I am about to get married again in a Catholic wedding I am having to go through this and have found other attractive places to have the reception. Right now we are having the reception at our house/business itself and even making or ordering all the food. We have drafted volunteers who will help us. If the guest toll gets much higher though we will have to go somewhere else and have asked at the church to use the hall there. (Actually pretty cheap and have use of the kitchen) to a restaurant. Even may use a attractive park nearby (Need a permit though that costs 50 bucks). Keep looking at alternatives.

Somehow our supposedly small wedding 40-50 guest list is climbing to heights that are making me nervous.wacko.gif