9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello.

My name is Willard

I have applied for i360 back in December 08 just go approoved and now have an appointment for my fingerprint.

I have never gotten any green card before and never interview before. I was maried back in feb 08 and now divorced. If I was to be approved for Gree Card will they grant me 2 years or 10years? Also what kind of questions de they ask?

How long intil i get the letter for the interview?

Can some one help?

Hello.

My name is Willard

I have applied for i360 back in December 08 just go approoved and now have an appointment for my fingerprint.

I have never gotten any green card before and never interview before. I was maried back in feb 08 and now divorced. If I was to be approved for Gree Card will they grant me 2 years or 10years? Also what kind of questions de they ask?

How long intil i get the letter for the interview?

Can some one help?

The I-360 is "Petition for Amerasian, Widower or Special Immigrant" - how do you fit into this scenario?

Since "VAWA" is violence against women, how does that figure in your post,

as "Willard" I'm guessing is a male name.

- just a little confused...unsure.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

If you're now divorced, they typically won't grant you a visa. The visa they give you depends on how long you have been married. 2 year visa if you've been married 2 years or less, 10 year visa if you've been married 2 years or more. What is your situation? We can't help unless you give more details.

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Congrats on your I-360 approval. Have you filed your I-485 yet? If yes, I think the interview who will depend on the priority date on your I-485. You will be granted a 10 year Green Card. At least that's what happened to me. My interview lasted only 10 minutes and they pretty much asked me same questions on the I-485 and maybe one or two that were not on the form. The interview was painless and the IO was very proffesional and as nice as she could be. One attorney once told me that be careful of IO that is too nice because they make you lose focus and you start volunteering information and that can open a can of worms. So when I went to my interview I kept that in mind and made sure I answered yes or no or what I am asked instead of rambling on.

I'm not sure if the number of years being married had anything to do with me getting a 10 year green card, I think if you are self-petitioning you get the 10 year card (please verify this I could be wrong). All I can tell you is that my 1-360 was approved before being married 2 years and then my green card was approved 2 months after my two year mark of being married. Another thing to note with my case is that I only divorced my ex-husband after I had received my green card only because I could not divorce before I-360 approval and soon after the approval I was scheduled for adustment of status interview. So I had no time to focus on a divorce, it was just alot at the time. I was also stressed out, overwhelmed with the whole immigration process, the abuse and just the shock that the marriage was gone and also financially I couldn't do it.

Anyways good luck to you and all the best. I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

[hello, iam new here, iapplied for my i 360 months ago... i got prima facie and approval notice for work permit, but havent yet received the card. i also got fingerprinted ...what is usually next after biometrics??/ can they send you for biometrics if you are not approved for vawa case?? i dont understand.

[hello, iam new here, iapplied for my i 360 months ago... i got prima facie and approval notice for work permit, but havent yet received the card. i also got fingerprinted ...what is usually next after biometrics??/ can they send you for biometrics if you are not approved for vawa case?? i dont understand.

Hi, I think the fingerprints are to enable you to get the work permit. I remember my work permit had my fingerprint on it. For some reason I can't remember if I got the work permit after my 1-360 approval or before. I would like to think though that you have to be approved first. The only reason why I am confused is that my case started off as being married to a USC then I had to refile under VAWA. I already had a work permit which was valid for a year from my initial application at the time I filed the I-360. I remember I had to renew my work permit (and now had to be based on the VAWA and had to send it to Vermont) in the middle of the whole process and by then I had already been scheduled for my I-485 interview which comes after the I-360 approval. I will check my paperwork and let you know but I think you get the work permit after your I-360 approval then again I could be wrong.

If someone knows the answer, please help. My memory is failing me at the moment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't think they issue Work permit if 485 is not filed, neither its matter of approval of WAVA. I 765 will be adjucated regardless of the WAVA is pending Or approved as long as I 485 was filed. I had RFE to show them the proof if MY I485 was intact. That proof has to be either USCIS receipt number or fees filing counter receipt, or Stamped by USCIS Immigration accepting the I 485. I did had denial of I 765 once Look at my other thread. I hope this clear.

May 26th, 2009 : WAVA filed.

June 1st, 2009 : RFE issued Good moral: replied june 15th 2009

July,17 2009 : Prima facie approvel received.renewed again march 3, 2010

February 2, 2010 :I-765 filed, : denied

August 12,2010 :RFE issued on WAVA, more evidence needed.

sept 3rd 2010 : I-765 filed again. 9/15/2010:Filing receipt received.

Sept 15,2010 : REF answered with all evidences.9/17/2010:RFE recvd by USCIS.

Sept 19, 2010 : I 765 approved.

Sept 19,2010 : I360 touched. status changed to RFE Under review.

sept 20th 2010 : I 765 card production ordered, No Biometric, no picture etc.

sept 21 2010 : I 765 touched, still card in production.

Sept 22,2010 : I-765 touched, Card in production.

Sept 23, 2010 : I765, touched, Approval letter mailed. Card approved (???)

Sept 24,2010 : I 765 touched again. No change???

Sept 27, 2010 : EAD received.

october 3, 2010 : old expired EAD from last year touched (#######?)

October 5, 2010 : I 360 touched.

October 12,2010 : I 360 touched. Acceptance letter issued.???

Oct 13, 2010 : court date with IJ. I,m my own lawyer.

oct 13, 2010 : I 360 touched.

oct 14th2010 : I 360 touched

oct 15 2010 : I 360 touched.

OCt 20,1020 : I 360 approved.letter received.

oct 25 2010 : I 360 touched.

april 20 2011 : court date. I,m my own lawyer.I expedited my date: filed I 485, new date January 9th 2011, case terminated.

may 9th 2011 : I 485 interview.

MAy 25th 2011 : Card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.