SabrinaFrance

EAD approved but not received/Job offer

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

my EAD has been approved on May 11th, and on May 18th again. I never received any email or text confirmation, even though I sent the form asking for it (the only email/text I received was for the NOA1 of my AOS).

I have a job offer, but I dont know when the EAD is gonna come in the mail, possibly 30 days after the approval so mid-June, and the employer wants me before that. Is it possible to get a stamp that would allow me to work if I go to an Infopass appointment?! Or if my husband calls his congressman could it speed up the process?

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

I got my card 14 days after my second notification. Actually after 12 days I got a third notification about they sending the card, and 2 days later got it in mail.

So I think yours is going to arrive very soon. If your employer don't mind to hire you considering this short time. Then go ahead and take the job.

Specially because these days is very difficult to find a job and you just got it !!

good luck

Timeline

Thanks for your response. Since May 18th my status hasnt changed, and I do not receive updates. The most frustrating part is not knowing when it will get here! Arh, I hate this immigration process, lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It'll come soon. Did you explain to your potential employer regarding your situation? Sometimes, they'll understand and wait for your paperwork... Just a thought

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I did explain my situation, they understand, but it needs to come fast enough, I also understand that they need someone for this position soon.

It would be a lot easier if the USCIS would say, you will receive your EAD on this day. (not easy to predict though)

I did explain my situation, they understand, but it needs to come fast enough, I also understand that they need someone for this position soon.

It would be a lot easier if the USCIS would say, you will receive your EAD on this day. (not easy to predict though)

Hi Sabrina, looking at your dates, they are almost the same as mine, and I have received my EAD on Saturday. But I have to tell you that you still can not work until you have your SSN, which you will get with your EAD, and it takes like 10 more days. I found out this today in the SS administration office. So just relax, you will receive it on these days. Wish you the best of luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Sabrina, looking at your dates, they are almost the same as mine, and I have received my EAD on Saturday. But I have to tell you that you still can not work until you have your SSN, which you will get with your EAD, and it takes like 10 more days. I found out this today in the SS administration office. So just relax, you will receive it on these days. Wish you the best of luck.

To prevent people from being confused by this, if you enter on your K1 and have more than 14 days left on your I-94 you can get your SSN before your EAD or GC come through. If they try to tell you otherwise at the SSN office, they are wrong. If you I-94 has less than 14 days or has expired you will need your EAD or GC to get your SSN.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

When I was going through the process I kept track of the status change email dates, the postmarks on the envelopes, the arrival dates, and the issue dates on the EAD and the mailer.

Ok, a little OCD, I know. :)

Anyways, my first "Card Production Ordered" date was November 10. My second "Card Production Ordered" email, and the date the mailer was printed, was November 16. The EAD was mailed on the 17th, and arrived on the 20th.

The EAD is typically mailed on, or the day after, the date of the second "Card Production Ordered" status change.

If your second approval was on the 18th, it would have been mailed fairly shortly after that. You might be able to tell how long the mail will take based on your previous mails from USCIS. But you should be expecting it any day now.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

When I was going through the process I kept track of the status change email dates, the postmarks on the envelopes, the arrival dates, and the issue dates on the EAD and the mailer.

Ok, a little OCD, I know. :)

Anyways, my first "Card Production Ordered" date was November 10. My second "Card Production Ordered" email, and the date the mailer was printed, was November 16. The EAD was mailed on the 17th, and arrived on the 20th.

The EAD is typically mailed on, or the day after, the date of the second "Card Production Ordered" status change.

If your second approval was on the 18th, it would have been mailed fairly shortly after that. You might be able to tell how long the mail will take based on your previous mails from USCIS. But you should be expecting it any day now.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Thanks for all your responses. I got the EAD in the mail last night! (I just wished we could get the mail in the morning instead of 6pm!)

I already have a SSN, but I am wondering if I need to go to the social security office to change my status in order to work?

No. The denotation on your SSN card will stay there until you get your green card - go back at that point to have it removed. The denotation is so that employers know to request further proof of DHS' work authorization - in your case, the EAD card.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

No. The denotation on your SSN card will stay there until you get your green card - go back at that point to have it removed. The denotation is so that employers know to request further proof of DHS' work authorization - in your case, the EAD card.

If your SSC currently says "Not valid for work" then you should go to the SSA office, update your status, and get a new one. But if, as is more likely, your current SSC says "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization" then your card and SSA records are just fine the way they are. The "DHS authorization" being referred to there is your EAD card.

Once your green card comes, you will want to back down to the SSA with your green card (but not your social security card, because they might want to keep it, and you don't want that) to update your immigration status with them. Then they'll send you a new SSC with no special denotation or limitations on it. It'll look just like everyone else's. That card will be good for as long as you're a green card holder - you'll only need to update anything else with the SSA when/if you become a US citizen.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

If your SSC currently says "Not valid for work" then you should go to the SSA office, update your status, and get a new one. But if, as is more likely, your current SSC says "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization" then your card and SSA records are just fine the way they are. The "DHS authorization" being referred to there is your EAD card.

Once your green card comes, you will want to back down to the SSA with your green card (but not your social security card, because they might want to keep it, and you don't want that) to update your immigration status with them. Then they'll send you a new SSC with no special denotation or limitations on it. It'll look just like everyone else's. That card will be good for as long as you're a green card holder - you'll only need to update anything else with the SSA when/if you become a US citizen.

Ok great, thanks for the info.

Yes, the denotation I was referring to is the '"Valid for work only with DHS Authorization" one, which cannot be removed until you've received your green card. I suppose I should have been clearer about that.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.