fpc95

Tax returns- Do I need official transcripts from IRS?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I would like to know if I need to request the official transcripts of my last 3 years tax returns or if the actual printed and signed copies of the tax returns that I sent to the IRS will be ok? One last question on this subject. Very bad timing, but i was just laid off from work and am currently unemployed and starting my own company now, but have no official job. I plan to get a co-sponsor to meet the income requirements, but with that said, do I need my tax returns still? Any insight on this would be great.

Thanks!

Chris

Our Journey

8/15/2008............First Emails to each other

4/09/2009............1st Time we met in Hong Kong (10 Days)

7/04/2009............2nd Time we met in Hong Kong (10 Days)

9/30/2009............3rd Time we met and traveled on vacation to Philippines (10 Days)

10/8/2009.............Engaged on Puka Shell Beach Boracay, Philippines

11/28/2009.........Sent I-129F

11/30/2009...........I-129F received at VSC

12/3/2009............Money Order Cashed

12/31/2009...........Called USCIS and changed address

12/31/2009...........NOA1 Information received (received late b/c I moved)

1/29/2010.............4th Trip to China (10 Days) Going to HK, GZ and Macau

5/3/2010..............5th Trip to China

5/18/2010.............Our first touch!!!

5/19/2010.............NOA2 received - I-129F APPROVED notification received via email!

5/27/2010.............NVC Received approved I-129F from VSC

5/28/2010.............I-129F Left NVC

6/3/2010...............I-129F Received at American Consulate in GUZ.

6/4/2010...............Received Packet 3

6/8/2010...............Packet 3 sent to American Consulate in GUZ.

7/15/2010.............Packet 4 received

8/2/2010...............Interview at 7:15am in GZ - WE GOT PINK....PASSED!!!!!

8/10/2010.............Picked up Visa in hand at the post office in GZ.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I would like to know if I need to request the official transcripts of my last 3 years tax returns or if the actual printed and signed copies of the tax returns that I sent to the IRS will be ok? One last question on this subject. Very bad timing, but i was just laid off from work and am currently unemployed and starting my own company now, but have no official job. I plan to get a co-sponsor to meet the income requirements, but with that said, do I need my tax returns still? Any insight on this would be great.

Thanks!

Chris

There are not a lot of concrete statements about the I-134 evidence requirements. Generally it is better to prepare more than to have less. Many times the Embassy or Consulate will list the requirements for that locale.

It does not need to be tax transcripts, you can provide copies of your Tax Forms, 1040s, Schedules, W-2s and 1099s. Your fiancee should have the originals of the W-2s and 1099s but only to show at the Embassy if they ask to see those papers.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tax returns are OK. For GUZ - bring 3 years of stuff. Tax transcripts are available same day via fax, as well.

For 'totality of adjudication', GUZ IV also looks at 'current income' as well as 'prior income' -

so suggest you get a co-sponser (another I-134), and have co-sponser show 3 years of tax data as well.

OTOH, if you have sizeable 'cash assets' then can use those, as well. See the I-864 instructions for the computations (GUZ IV uses those computations for assets, on the I-134, on interview day).

Good Luck !

-----

acronyms

GUZ - US Consulate - Guangzhou

GUZ IV - US Consulate - Guangzhou - Immigration Visa unit.

OTOH - 'on the other hand'

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tax returns are OK. For GUZ - bring 3 years of stuff. Tax transcripts are available same day via fax, as well.

For 'totality of adjudication', GUZ IV also looks at 'current income' as well as 'prior income' -

so suggest you get a co-sponser (another I-134), and have co-sponser show 3 years of tax data as well.

OTOH, if you have sizeable 'cash assets' then can use those, as well. See the I-864 instructions for the computations (GUZ IV uses those computations for assets, on the I-134, on interview day).

Good Luck !

-----

acronyms

GUZ - US Consulate - Guangzhou

GUZ IV - US Consulate - Guangzhou - Immigration Visa unit.

OTOH - 'on the other hand'

Thank you both for your help. I will get a co-sponsor and also bring my 3 years tax returns and bank statements for verification. The timing of losing my job really really is very bad :(. Ok, thanks again!!!

Chris

Our Journey

8/15/2008............First Emails to each other

4/09/2009............1st Time we met in Hong Kong (10 Days)

7/04/2009............2nd Time we met in Hong Kong (10 Days)

9/30/2009............3rd Time we met and traveled on vacation to Philippines (10 Days)

10/8/2009.............Engaged on Puka Shell Beach Boracay, Philippines

11/28/2009.........Sent I-129F

11/30/2009...........I-129F received at VSC

12/3/2009............Money Order Cashed

12/31/2009...........Called USCIS and changed address

12/31/2009...........NOA1 Information received (received late b/c I moved)

1/29/2010.............4th Trip to China (10 Days) Going to HK, GZ and Macau

5/3/2010..............5th Trip to China

5/18/2010.............Our first touch!!!

5/19/2010.............NOA2 received - I-129F APPROVED notification received via email!

5/27/2010.............NVC Received approved I-129F from VSC

5/28/2010.............I-129F Left NVC

6/3/2010...............I-129F Received at American Consulate in GUZ.

6/4/2010...............Received Packet 3

6/8/2010...............Packet 3 sent to American Consulate in GUZ.

7/15/2010.............Packet 4 received

8/2/2010...............Interview at 7:15am in GZ - WE GOT PINK....PASSED!!!!!

8/10/2010.............Picked up Visa in hand at the post office in GZ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.