Mikhail

third party marriage affidavit

4 posts in this topic

for the I-130 i have the 2 g325as, the i-30, the cover letter, and all the evidence of a bonifide marriage, but what i dont have is how i am supposed to get a third party marriage affidavit. Do i print one off somewere or can i have the person basically write a letter saying they attended who they are with there bitrth date etc and have that notarized I need a clear answer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here is a sample:

AFFIDAVIT

I, Name of person, residing at

Address of the person,

solemnly state and affirm as hereunder:

1. I am a citizen of XXXX.

2. That I was born on birth date in Place, India.

3. That I am XX years of age and have resided in the India all my life.

4. That this affadavit is being submitted on behalf of the following persons:

___Your name and your wife’s name.

5. I am the Relationship to the person of Your or your wifes name.

6. That this affidavit is being made by me for the purpose of assuring the U.S. government that the persons named in item 4 have a true and loving relationship that was entered in good faith, and is not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

7. That I acquired my knowledge of the relationship between the persons named in item 4 in the following manner:

Attended the Marriage on March 8th, 2010 at place of marriage.

AFFIRMATION

I affirm that the contents of this affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Signature of person making this affidavit: _______________________________

Affirmed before me this ____ day of _________, ____

at ________________________. My commission expires on ______________.

Signature of Officer Administering Oath _________________

Title ________.

NVC

10/04/2010: Case# received, Both email id provided

10/05/2010: DS-3032 COA emailed to NVC

10/11/2010: IIN received

10/11/2010: AOS review fee ($88) online payment - IN PROCESS

10/14/2010: AOS status 'PAID'

10/16/2010: DS-230 IV fee ($404) online payment - IN PROCESS

10/19/2010: DS-230 IV status 'PAID'

10/20/2010: AOS & DS-230 IV package sent

10/22/2010: AOS & DS-230 IV package delivered. Signed by: J Desmond.

11/10/2010: SIF!!!

11/14/2010: received checklist for missing passport office PCC.

11/10/2010: NVC Completion

12/09/2010: NVC Forwards Case to Consulate

CONSULATE

11/22/2010: Passport Office PCC to be in hand

12/22/2010: Medical Completed

12/28/2011: VFS Office Visit - Submit all required documents

01/10/2011: Interview Date - APPROVED

j1/11/2011: Passport arrived at home.

01/25/2011: Wife Comes to USA (POE: Newark, NJ)

event.png

i6qembf7x.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

for the I-130 i have the 2 g325as, the i-30, the cover letter, and all the evidence of a bonifide marriage, but what i dont have is how i am supposed to get a third party marriage affidavit. Do i print one off somewere or can i have the person basically write a letter saying they attended who they are with there bitrth date etc and have that notarized I need a clear answer.

You'll notice that third party affidavits are mentioned in a list of things that appear after the words, "In addition to the required...." meaning they are NOT required. They will be meaningless unless the party is actually very familiar with your RELATIONSHIP, not just affirming they attended a ceremony and/or party. Most newlyweds just provide some photos together and maybe some communication evidence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I agree with the above replies. If you included any of the other information supporting a bona fide marriage with the I-130 Petition, then you should be OK. Spousal and 3rd party affidavits are not required with the I-130 Petition, but they are helpful to have. So, you may want to get them in time for your spouse's interview at the US Consulate. The easiest one for you to do is the spousal affidavit. Just write it/type it out and sign it in the presence of a notary here in the U.S., and you're done. Go to this link to see templates for Spousal and 3rd Party Affidavits .

Edited by KayaEel

Here's to families being together sooner,

KayaEel

Timeline:

06-29-2008: Met in person

07-01-2009: Wedding Date (1 year after meeting & multiple trips to visit)

09-01-2009: Civil (Legal) Marriage Date

12-05-2009: I-130 Sent

02-25-2010: I-130 NOA2 Date

06-04-2010: Case Completed at NVC (Sign-in Failed)

08-02-2010: Interview at Consulate & VISA APPROVED!!

08-14-2010: POE in Houston, TX

07-09-2012: Filed I-751 Petition for Removal of Conditions

07-11-2012: NOA Date (Extended Green Card for one year)

08-16-2012: Biometrics Appointment

03-07-2013: Approved

03-22-2013: 10-year Green card arrived.

10-06-2022: Filed to renew 10-year Green card. No biometrics required.

10-19-2022: 10-year Green card arrived.

01-20-2023: Filed N-400 Application for Naturalization. NOA receipt and no biometrics required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.