Seven

230I please

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everybody!!!

Last week i received my package 3...

I called Madrid (USA embassy) and i asked them what should i send first since it clearly says i have to send immediately the 230I and don't send a list of papers that are listed for interview purposes...Ok, so this woman told me that i could send first week of june if i wanted the 230I, the DS156, DS157, DS156K (this last 3 forms are not specified to send or not) plus that form saying that i've gathered all the required papers and please set up an interview date together.

Now, calling for some questions regarding the forms this another woman told me JUST send the 230I....

Please which woman is saying the truth?

Thank you

I think you should follow the EXACT instructions in the Packet 3....you stated that "since it clearly says i have to send immediately the 230I and don't send a list of papers that are listed for interview purposes...". Deviating from the instructions could potentially confuse the process.

My opinion regarding the "131" fee. I would wait until you have the interview date scheduled to pay the fee just in case any change in policy occurs in between (not likely, but just in case).

23Jan2010 "V" mailed I-129F (USPO return recp't & certified mail)

25Jan2010 NOA1 (website), 01Feb2010 via snail mail

26Jan2010 USPO return receipt received

27Jan2010 Check cashed

26Feb2010 NOA2 (website), 04Mar2010 via snail mail

06Mar2010 Petition received at NVC (website), 10Mar2010 via snail mail

17Mar2010 "Packet 3" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

24Mar2010 "L&V" mailed DS-230 to Sydney Consulate(sent from the US - certified mail)

_________| no activity for 26 days since "L" is still in the US. (we didn't expect the paperwork would flow so smoothly and quickly).

18Apr2010 "L" returned to Australia

19Apr2010 "L" - finger-printed & requested for police certificate

21Apr2010 "L" medical exam

23Apr2010 Police certificate received

30Apr2010 Medical results

01May2010 "L" Sent DS-1076 form + entire packet "ready for interview" to Sydney Consulate

10May2010 "Packet 4" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

25May2010 Interview

01Jun2010 Visa Received In-hand

28Jul2010 PoE San Francisco, California

02Aug2010 Tied the knot!!

_________ AOS (waiting for marriage certificate to file with I485/131/765/486)

"No lawyers were involved (or harmed) in this K-1 process"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I pay the 131 usd fee before i receive the interview date?

You possibly can pay before but if you interview after the fee increase then you will be asked to make up the difference

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

at least for the case in Bogota, the banks only receive payment if you have the interview date, they have to confirm with the embassy

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I see...thank you to everybody!

I called again that woman in Madrid and made her triple check her answer...In my instructions said send 230I, don't send a list of papers and didn't say nothing about the DS forms (send or not) she told me then to send 230I plus the paper saying i have all the papers with me after putting them together and please set up an interview...I said to her that i received the package 1 week ago and she said that no worry bout the IMMEDIATELY because it can take like 2 weeks to have some of the requested papers...Ok, that plus your replies i feel more calmed down now...Thank you all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.