moroccan love

Lawyers

10 posts in this topic

Timeline

A friend of mine was recently denied her K1. Her case hasn't been returned, but basically she is out of luck. She is left with the decision to file again or marry and file a Cr-1.

How many people have been successful using a lawyer when filing for a petition that is going to Casablanca, Morocco?

What lawyer(s) is recommended or successful, if any, for this consulate? I know Marc Ellis is good.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A friend of mine was recently denied her K1. Her case hasn't been returned, but basically she is out of luck. She is left with the decision to file again or marry and file a Cr-1.

How many people have been successful using a lawyer when filing for a petition that is going to Casablanca, Morocco?

What lawyer(s) is recommended or successful, if any, for this consulate? I know Marc Ellis is good.

Thank you

Successful here, hired a lawyer(not Marc) to re-file a k1.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

99% of the time, I despise lawyers and how they cheat people.

In a case of being denied at a tough consulate, I would recommend the CONSIDERATION of getting a lawyer worth his salt.

More power, and good luck!

:star:

My recommendation is Michael Solomon in New York. He is very available to his clients and called my then fiance to walk him through the interview process the day before the interview. But like the others said, you need to find out WHY it was denied so you can address it. Have you tried your congressman/woman?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you

If her case hasn't been returned, how do you know she is 'out of luck'? What do you mean by 'denied'? Was she given a 221g at the interview? If you can give us more information, we will possibly be able to offer better suggestions.

Timeline

Sorry if my question wasn't clear and since I cannot get her to join and pose the question herself, I am trying to keep the deep details out for her privacy.

She had a lawyer. They have been through the process twice and have been returned twice (denied). She knows the reaons for the return. The lawyer told her it is best to marry.

She is looking for names of lawyers that people have had experience with to obtain a second view/opinion.

Are there any lawyers someone would recommend that she may contact?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Not trying to be redundant but the reason why she has been denied must be addressed or she will continue to be denied. Maybe an attorney can advise her how to correct this problem and maybe there is no way to correct it. All I can say is good luck but remember being married will still not usually address the reason for the denial.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Unless the reason for denial is addressed and overcome with overwhelming evidence, the visa will continue to be denied.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for your replies. Basically, what I am seeing is no one will suggest an attorney to anyone unless they provide the reason they are searching for one?

The question was solely to ask if anyone could recommend a good attorney, someone trustworthy and fair. Regardless of her decision to file again or marry or walk away, that is for her to decide. She simply wanted the name of a good attorney and one who has had good results.

Thank you again and thank you MaggieNomar for your suggestions and name.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.