R and F

Sunday

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys up early today hoping you have a great Sunday.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello from the Inland Northwest. I hope everybody is having a safe and great Sunday. For those waiting on their visas or other immigration news I hope you hear good news soon.

We're collecting pieces for AOS, shopping civil surgeons, ect. We have to file before July 7th because his medical will expire since it's only good for one year. He's been here for almost 2 months now. We're both adjusting to married life together so I haven't had much time for VJ. Married life together is just like being married and apart except for a different set of issues to address.

We got his State ID and a joint bank account. I changed my legal name to my married name and we've both received our new bank cards. Managing finances together is something new for both of us. He got to use his bank card for the first time last night when we went on a date for our anniversary. A year ago on May 23rd we had our white wedding religious ceremony at El Nour Mosque in Cairo, Egypt. It seems like it was just yesterday. I'm really happy he's here. It's nice to have love in my life and a husband in person. He's met a lot of my friends and family now. They seem to like him. We got news this last week that his younger brother, Tamer, the engineer is making his plans to get married in a year and half. So we'll be needing to make plans to go back to Egypt for that. I'm looking forward to it.

We go to the Islamic Center of Boise on Fridays together. I haven't said the shahada but I like to go with him. He's asked me to wear the head scarf inside to show respect when entering the place like they do in Egypt but the women here said I don't have to if I'm not Muslim. There are many muslims from all over the world here such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Iraq, Egypt, various parts of Africa. They don't have a scholar that runs it. It's a professor of engineering from egypt that gives the talks. There are over 200+ members though and they're planning on building a real mosque on some land they purchased when they raise the money for it. I've only seen about 20 women at a time in the separate womens room. It's usually the same women though sometimes I meet new women. I like to wear all the head scarves my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law got me from Egypt. I felt uneasy about it at the Mosque since I'm not Muslim because I didn't want to misrepresent myself or wear it tight like most do. Then I met a new member, a woman from India, who wears it like I do and I felt more at ease.

Waleed's made some Egyptian friends and went to the local Egyptian hookah bar. He says it's not like in Egypt and it's more like a night club where he saw people get drunk. He's studying for his drivers license and hopes to start learning to drive here soon. He says his life is more comfortable here then in Egypt. That it's also cleaner and beautiful. He spends 12 hours a day studying for his United States Medical License Equivalent (USMLE) since he can't work right now and we haven't filed AOS yet. When he gets his EAD he'd like to take the certification for a phlebotomist and work in the hospital part-time while he studies to take his USMLE steps. They make between $15-25 hr and he believes he can pass the certification easily since he's a doctor. The certification is like a $150 exam and they mail you the certificate and you can take that to any hospital to find work. He's sent emails off to the various hospitals for observer-ships or volunteering to work in the lab as a researcher and is going through the process of correspondence with them right now.

Currently I'm babysitting my 3 month old niece, Piper. I find it very healing and joyful. There is something so good about holding pure innocences. I feel my heart opening wider then it ever has. I love and adore her so much.

Piper3months.jpg

Piper, 3 months old

I've applied for 94 jobs since finishing school in December and I've only had one job interview. It's frustrating for me to have this experience and expensive education and be stuck where I am getting nowhere. Sometimes I wonder why my Husband was sent here now out of all the times he could have come if this process would have allowed it. Like a few years ago when I had my own apartment in downtown Boise and was living and working on my own for several years or those years I was living in the heart of Moscow finishing school and could have supported us both just fine. Why was he allowed to come here now of all times when school is done and I don't have a real career job that can support us both? I like to think there is some greater purpose or divine design for why we're where we are both starting fresh. I'm also kind of at a loss what the next step is with my life. My life goal was always in the pursuit to finish college while I was struggling to support myself and now I've finished college and I've found myself asking ok what's next? The college years have passed and I'm really grateful for them and the people I've met but now I either have to start a new career or a family. I don't want to stay in this state anymore. I want to live on the coast by the water. I don't care which coast just not back to Texas. I want a new state I've never lived in and preferably with some opportunity. I'm not going to post-graduate school for at least another year or two and I'm not finding work here so what is next for me? My intuition tells me I've got a two year break where I have to self motivate myself to get to the next level, which ever direction that may be, and my husband needs that too for his exams in a way. That's all I know for now.

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kleocatra,

Please don't take it to heart that you are struggling to find work with a degree in hand. I have friends and co-workers (co-worker got her Masters in Dec., currently working as a file clerk) who have expensive degrees and are having a very hard time finding work in this economy. I'm sure my co-worker finds it difficult to be a file clerk while holding a Masters degree. I know I would. It hasn't been a good time to emigrate in this environment in several years. Believe me when I say, it has taken my husband and I a long time to adjust mostly due to this economic environment. Jobs are just tough to come by. My husband is very underemployed and I know it bothers him. I'm hoping things get better for all of us, soon. Try not to let it affect your time adjusting to new married life together. Enjoy your niece, she's adorable.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. :) I'll be spending my day doing laundry, yard work (weather permitting) and continuing my quest for the perfect puppy. lol.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Good morning! Beautiful Sunday to everyone!

So nice to see you again Olivia. Know it's a bear trying to find employment. Good luck in

your searches. I'm happy Waleed likes it here in the states. He has so much to look forward

to and Wael and I wish him the very best!

Piper is so sweet! She has really grown!

Don't know what our plans will be today. Probably hiding from the sun! It's hot here.

Have a great Sunday. Stay cool!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Good to see the daily thread tradition being resurrected ... I know i've been guilty of staying in the shadows but nonetheless let's hope that more members will come around to participate. Olivia, good to see you post and thanks for sharing your experiences. I do hope things will change on the employment front for you - take your time and soak up the innocence of your adorable little niece.

As for me I am enjoying my solitude as my husband went "home" for an extended stay back home - it does feel good sometimes to have so much time for ME... Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday!!!

Best,

Dorothy

Edited by ~*Dorothy*~

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

Happy Sunday MENA!!

Olivia, thanks for letting us know how things are going for you and Waleed. Keep your head up girl, when the right job comes around, you will be ready for it!

Sameh is slowly but surely adjusting to American life. We are both frustrated with not having his GC or SS number yet. It seems that Homeland Security and USCIS cannot decide what to use for his last name!! Hopefully soon he will get it all, since we cannot even apply for a state ID without his SS number!!!

We went to a BBQ yesterday with people I work with at the hospital, LOL all I can say is that Sameh was the life of the party!!! I think he really enjoyed to be with friends and meeting new ones. We got home after 11pm last night and man, I am tired!!!

I hope everyone has a great and relaxing Sunday!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone.

I dont really post often anymore because I have made the decision to leave George and we are currently trying to work something out for a way George can still see Josh while in my sight so he doesnt try to kidnap him. I hope everyone is doing well and you all have wonderful lives. I will still post occasionally and Ill always be in the shadows.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

Hey everyone.

I dont really post often anymore because I have made the decision to leave George and we are currently trying to work something out for a way George can still see Josh while in my sight so he doesnt try to kidnap him. I hope everyone is doing well and you all have wonderful lives. I will still post occasionally and Ill always be in the shadows.

Ohh Jess i'm so sorry to hear this. Just take care of yourself and your little guys. My prayers are with you at this

difficult time in your life.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Sunday everyone!

Just a quiet warm day here in FL. Have to do the weekly cleaning today and later John and I will keep looking for a civil surgeon close to us who doesn't rip people off their money! Tomorrow we are heading to the health department office in our city so I can have shots of the vaccines that I had in Egypt and were not documented. I am going to have about 6 shots! Totally lookinh forward to that!! We just really need to send AOS asap.

Olivia, I love reading your updates! I am still adjusting to living here and both John and I are adjusting to married life, so I can relate a lot to what you said your post. I have had 3 jobs since my second year in college. I've worked as a translator for 3 years and always wanted to have my masters degree in Translation. Now that I am in a totally new country and not allowed to work yet and with the current economy in the US, I feel there's not going to be a chance soon to I find a job I like. I've been told many times already that 'If I am looking for a job in FL other than being a Teacher, a Nurse, or working in hotel management, I most probably won't find any."...sounds very bright!! I feel like I haven't studied English Literature with UK carriculum for four years to work in something I don't really like or prefer. Of course, we can always move to another state with more opportunities, but we cannot afford a big move right now.

I am not the typical Middle Eastern woman who prefers staying at home than helping her husband inside and outside the house. Having a career builds one's personality afterall. I know I should not feel like that, but everyday it bothers me that I am not contributing to the house financially as much as he does. I just see that we have equal rights in that as well. Hopefully something will come along soon...better jobs and opportunities for John and me. I don't know what life is carrying for us, but as long as I am by his side...I am happy and in love. (L)

Btw, Piper is a cutie pie!!! :luv:

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about you and George splitting up. May everything work out for the best for you and Josh. Stay strong, hun! (F)

Andrea, I share your frustration about the SSC. We have applied for mine on May 4th and got to know that they have my birth date wrong in their system due to the immigration officer's mistake at my POE. They said it could take from 2 to 4 weeks to CORRECT THAT MISTAKE. On the 17th we received a letter from the SS Office saying that they need to verify the authenticity of the documents we gave them (a copy of my birth certficate in Arabic, a copy of birth certificate in English, and a copy of passport showing my correct birth date), and if they cannot verify them I shouldn't expect receiving a SSN!! I thought the visa part was the hardest, I think we still have to deal with a lot ahead of us!!

Glad you and Sameh had a good time last night! Having a positive attitude will help him adjust easier! :star:

Dorothy, good to see you posting again! (F)

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Aya

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Good Sunday morning to everyone... i pray everyone will enjoy it.. God Bless :thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Thank you "I want your love". Neat name btw. In this post-college time I've been brushing up on my high school french and spanish, and started learning arabic. I'm at the arabic alphabet level right now because I want to read and write it as well. Some of the letters are very hard for me to say and hubby is always correcting me. innocent.gif I haven't even been able to move on to words or phrases yet because of it.

Thank you Jeanne and Wael. Waleed & I really appreciate it. luv.gif You stay cool too!

Thank you Dorothy. It's nice to see you come out of the shadows and share your me time with us. When Waleed went to the Egyptian Hookah Bar the other night it was the first night we were apart since he got here and it was nice to have that me time again as well. smile.gif I hope you have a wonderful reunion with hubby.

Thank you Andrea. I wanted to let you know we got Waleed's state ID without a SS # since he had a valid K3 visa and I-94. All they requested from us was a copy of our marriage certificate and translation and a rejection letter from social security until he could obtain one after we filed AOS. With the state ID, passport, marriage certificate and translation we were allowed to set up our joint bank account. It sounds like the BBQ was fun too!

Jess I am sorry to hear your news about leaving George and custody issues regarding Josh. It must be a very difficult time for you and I am sending you my best wishes that everything works out. I always did admire and enjoy your stories on your travels to Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and NY.

Aya I can really relate to your posts as well since we're going through similar immigration stuff right now. I find your story really amazing and a light here on VJ for a non-typical woman coming from Egypt. I wanted to let you know that when I worked in the hospital for the last decade that we had many Arabic translators for our patients. The hospital was always looking for them so that might be something to look into. The translators would either meet with the patient at the requested facility or they would take the patient from appointment to appointment and they would be paid for by the hospital. Also at the hospital we used AT&T translators over the telephone when we needed to call patients that spoke another language and set up appointments. Their translators are located all over the US and could work from home most of the time as long as they had internet access and the right software setup. So you might be able to look into working as a translator for this AT&T translator call service.

R and F, super men morocco and oneder I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday as well! heart.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you "I want your love". Neat name btw. In this post-college time I've been brushing up on my high school french and spanish, and started learning arabic. I'm at the arabic alphabet level right now because I want to read and write it as well. Some of the letters are very hard for me to say and hubby is always correcting me. innocent.gif I haven't even been able to move on to words or phrases yet because of it.

Thank you Jeanne and Wael. Waleed & I really appreciate it. luv.gif You stay cool too!

Thank you Dorothy. It's nice to see you come out of the shadows and share your me time with us. When Waleed went to the Egyptian Hookah Bar the other night it was the first night we were apart since he got here and it was nice to have that me time again as well. smile.gif I hope you have a wonderful reunion with hubby.

Thank you Andrea. I wanted to let you know we got Waleed's state ID without a SS # since he had a valid K3 visa and I-94. All they requested from us was a copy of our marriage certificate and translation and a rejection letter from social security until he could obtain one after we filed AOS. With the state ID, passport, marriage certificate and translation we were allowed to set up our joint bank account. It sounds like the BBQ was fun too!

Jess I am sorry to hear your news about leaving George and custody issues regarding Josh. It must be a very difficult time for you and I am sending you my best wishes that everything works out. I always did admire and enjoy your stories on your travels to Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and NY.

Aya I can really relate to your posts as well since we're going through similar immigration stuff right now. I find your story really amazing and a light here on VJ for a non-typical woman coming from Egypt. I wanted to let you know that when I worked in the hospital for the last decade that we had many Arabic translators for our patients. The hospital was always looking for them so that might be something to look into. The translators would either meet with the patient at the requested facility or they would take the patient from appointment to appointment and they would be paid for by the hospital. Also at the hospital we used AT&T translators over the telephone when we needed to call patients that spoke another language and set up appointments. Their translators are located all over the US and could work from home most of the time as long as they had internet access and the right software setup. So you might be able to look into working as a translator for this AT&T translator call service.

R and F, super men morocco and oneder I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday as well! heart.gif

Thank you, Olivia! I find your story amazing as well! You and Waleed have been through a lot and waited so long to finally be together! You two deserve all the happiness in the world! (F)

I will look into the translation opportunities you suggested. I think schools do the same thing here. I speak Arabic, English, French, and very little Portuguese. I've been wanting to learn Spanish for a few years now. It should come in handy when I take translation as a career. I want to be ready and have a strong resume. :)

I actually was offered a position to teach Arabic at our local mosque to children in the next school year (starting in August). I am still making up my mind though. Right now I am a full-time-mom of two aged 6 and 5 years old. The job is a voluntary job, I will get no salary for it if I accept it. I should give them an answer next month.

Why was Waleed's SSN rejected? And what are the price quotes you got for the civil surgeon appointment for Waleed's medical?

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Hey Liv! Good to hear from u. From experience, I think it may be a blessing that you're at the bottom too (for now). My hubster was intimidated by the fact that everything I had was "mine" and he didn't contribute to the purchasing of it. I think that's the main reason he forced us to move to Texas. He wanted to have a hand in where we lived, what we owned, allll that #######. Now you can grow together with ur man and he can feel good about the things u acquire.

Jess, thanks for updating us. I'm sorry to hear that things worked out the way they did for u. I pray that God makes ur transition as easy as possible. In the meantime, I'm here for ya.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Olivia, Here is a book that should help you with your alphabet. It is the one that I used my first semester learning Arabic at school. There is a whole series that goes with this...through advanced. It is standard and Egyptian Arabic.

http://www.amazon.com/Alif-Baa-Introduction-Arabic-Letters/dp/1589011023/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.