7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone i got another question..

my husband wants me to move out..because i confronted him again

for going to sex site again.. but anyway

how the affidavit of support work?

what is my right?

and what if i move out.. is the affidavit of support will change?

pls help

Timeline

hi everyone i got another question..

my husband wants me to move out..because i confronted him again

for going to sex site again.. but anyway

how the affidavit of support work?

what is my right?

and what if i move out.. is the affidavit of support will change?

pls help

Note:

Im paying for my own bills, buy groceries,pay for our dinner,i live in his

house.paying for the sattelite tv and phonebill..paying for car insurance

car payment..paying for the hotel in the philippines that he stayed in worth

$3,000..

and so on...

i just need some more info in this affidavit of support.. what his

responsibility to me.. im not after for his money he said thats the

wife do.. is to help out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

His main responsibility is to reimburse any governmental aid you may receive.

Beyond that, more something for your Divorce Lawyer.

Do you work?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

His main responsibility is to reimburse any governmental aid you may receive.

Beyond that, more something for your Divorce Lawyer.

Do you work?

Yes im still working.. working for 4 years now and been married for

5 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

IF you collect benefits from the government due to low income, government may sue your husband for the money they gave you.

That's what the affidavit of support is. It does not change if you move out or get a divorce.

Since you are working, hopefully you can take care of yourself without asking government for money.

(you are not eligible until you have been LPR for 5 years anyway)

5 years.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

5 years.

Sounds like you would exceed the Support limit, it is not very much.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

your husband does not have to give you cash to pay for your lifestyle during or after your divorce unless a divorce court orders him to do so. they will not if you have a job, unless he makes 5X what you do, or you can demonstrate that you have made sacrifices that empowered him (working to support him while he was in college so that he could have a higher salary, and giving up the opportunity to better yourself in the process). if you don't have a job, the court might order him to pay you a minimal amount of cash, the duration of which term and amount of cash being dependent on variables like how long you were married and lived together, and how high his salary. WAG in your case, with a short marriage, since you have a job, and assuming he has an ordinary salary, you will get nothing, or a small monthly amount for a year, at most.

if you marry someone else or are living with them after your divorce, a family court will probably remove any responsibility your husband might have to pay support to you.

the 864 is not about your husband paying money to you. it is about his promise to the government that you would not be a burden on society. he may be sued by the government if you divorce him and use certain public benefits, or he may not. in a few very unusual court cases ex-husbands have agreed to make support payments when the woman's lawyer cited 864, but these people were just idiots. county level family courts have no authority to enforce a civil contract between a citizen and the federal government by ordering payment to a third party that is not even signatory to the contract, and that offers neither promise or reward in the contract.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.