oranges

did not receive biometrics appointment letter

9 posts in this topic

Hi, i filed april 6 and got my I-797C April 13, but until now, i did not get my biometrics appointment and it's been more than 30 days. I'm in Arizona and wondering if how does infopass work? I called 800-375-5283 three times already after 30 days passed since i got the I-797 notice. During my fist call April 14 the man gave me an email address to send an email to follow up about my case but i didn't do. So I called again on the same day and got another person and she tries to view my case number on the computer but she said she cant view it so she wanted to do a service request but then after putting some of my information, she said it wont allow her so she passed me to a higher customer representative. The higher customer representative said that im on the list but i dont have a biometrics appointment yet. She told me to just wait until the letter will arrive. Since that time I called it's been a week already but dont receive my biometrics appt yet so i called again today, april 21 and the lady did a service request, she asked my personal info. complete name, address, phone numbers and email add and she gave me a request confirmation.And told me to wait for 45 days for them to respond.

Pls. does anybody can give me an advice of what i am going to do? I look at april filers and and they have biometrics appointment already, it makes me worried.

Thank you.

There is no '30-day' rule for getting the biometrics notice that I know of - some get it sooner, some it takes longer. I'd would think you'll be getting the notice any day now. I would just sit tight.

As far as the receipt number on your NOA1 - you may already know this, but for those that do not. For ROC, the receipt number on the NOA1 is not the number you would be able to use for tracking the case online, nor (really) for if/when you call USCIS. The number you'll use for this will be on the biometrics notice (it'll be different).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, i filed april 6 and got my I-797C April 13, but until now, i did not get my biometrics appointment and it's been more than 30 days. I'm in Arizona and wondering if how does infopass work? I called 800-375-5283 three times already after 30 days passed since i got the I-797 notice. During my fist call April 14 the man gave me an email address to send an email to follow up about my case but i didn't do. So I called again on the same day and got another person and she tries to view my case number on the computer but she said she cant view it so she wanted to do a service request but then after putting some of my information, she said it wont allow her so she passed me to a higher customer representative. The higher customer representative said that im on the list but i dont have a biometrics appointment yet. She told me to just wait until the letter will arrive. Since that time I called it's been a week already but dont receive my biometrics appt yet so i called again today, april 21 and the lady did a service request, she asked my personal info. complete name, address, phone numbers and email add and she gave me a request confirmation.And told me to wait for 45 days for them to respond.

Pls. does anybody can give me an advice of what i am going to do? I look at april filers and and they have biometrics appointment already, it makes me worried.

Thank you.

Where is your ASC?

I received my NOA1 on april 9th, (filed on april 5th)and just received my biometrics letter on may 14th. (it was just for june the appointment but i did an early bio on may 18th...)

I was worried too, since most of the applicants had already received their biometrics, but I was told by an immigration officer that it REALLY depends on your ASC how busy they are, and how many people ahead of you.

You will receive it soon, just make sure they have not sent it already and that they have your correct address on file (you can confirm that calling the 1800 number and asking to speak to an officer.)

Removing Conditions - I-751

Joint I-751 Sent- 04/02/10

Received at CSC - 04/05/10

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

NOA & extension received - 04/09/10 (dated 04/05/10)

Biometrics done - 05/18/10

Card Production Ordered - 06/24/10

Approval letter received - 06/30/10

New green card received - 07/06/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Interview letter-05/28/11

Interview date - 06/30/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you.

It happens sometimes. It took 8 weeks to get mine. Many of my fellow March filers on VJ got approved even before I got my biometrics. I filed on March 23rd and didn't get my biometrics untill May 18th(8 whole weeks) scheduled for June 10th. I did a walk-in last Thursday 5-20 and got it done. Wait a few weeks and make an infopass if nothing happens. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I phoned USCIS again today and talked to an officer this time.

My NOA1 receipt date is April 15, just under six weeks ago. My biometrics has not yet been scheduled but because it should have been by now (according to the officer), he has sent a request to try to push it along, and said that I should have the biometrics appointment letter by email within two weeks or by mail within a month.

The officer was able to give me the receipt number that will be on the biometrics letter, and now I can at least follow the case on their website. The date on that case number is one day after the NOA1 but there must be different databases because the first person who took my call couldn't see that number at all.

He also said that there was nothing further that an Infopass appointment would accomplish, so I cancelled the one I had booked for next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So have you received a biometrics appointment lately? We have the same case, ASC is also AZ, setn application Apr 13 with NOA receipt date of Apr 15. Up to now I have not received any USCIS letter for Biometrics appointment.

Thank you.

I havent received biometrics appt letter yet but i called USCIS today and talked to a high level customer support who has more access to the case and she told me that my biometrics will be this June 30. When i called two weeks ago, i was told that there are support service centers that are delayed in processing applications, i think one of them is phoenix. But i feel relieve now knowing that i already have a biometric schedule.

So have you received a biometrics appointment lately? We have the same case, ASC is also AZ, setn application Apr 13 with NOA receipt date of Apr 15. Up to now I have not received any USCIS letter for Biometrics appointment.

• 3 years later...
Filed: Timeline

I send my application to the office and they receive it on Jan 15, 2014. Soon they send me I-797, but this is the only letter I received. It's already more than 4 month, I still did not receive the biometric appointment. I called them at least ten times. At March, after I noticed them, they said that they would mail me a letter to explain that in 30 days, but after 30 days, I did not receive anything. I called them again, and they told me they would send my request again and they promise me this time I must receive a letter. Unfortunately, I still did not receive anything. I appealed online, nobody responsed me. I send them email, and they send me a feeback, but the feedback is let me grade their website! I had to call them again, again, and again. They told me that I would receive the appiontment anytime, but I don't trust them. They told me the same thing two month ago. I'm really mad about their service. My cousin send them her application at March, she received her appiontment in a week! Why I have to wait four month and still not be scheduled yet? Why they treated me unequally? Is this discrimation? Why they don't tell me the reason that my case is delayed? Why they tell me I would receive the letter in thirty days but I don't? Oh my God, the people send the application at May already start to receive appiontment but I still not. These employees don't care about customer's feeling. They have the power to help you but these idiots just care about their wage.

Edited by MichaelZhang

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.