I AM NOT THAT GUY

Today is the anniversary of the most "Progressive" legislation ever passed

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The Sedition Act of 1918 was an Act of the United States Congress signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson on May 16, 1918.[1] It forbade the use of "disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language" about the United States government, its flag, or its armed forces or that caused others to view the American government or its institutions with contempt. The act also allowed the Postmaster General to refuse to deliver mail that met those same standards for punishable speech or opinion. It applied only to times "when the United States is in war."[2] It was repealed on December 13, 1920.[3]

http://en.wikipedia....ion_Act_of_1918

Following the declaration of war against the Central Powers in 1917, the United States Congress passed several bills that gave President Wilson and the executive branch wide latitude to ensure the successful prosecution of the war effort. This delegation of legislative authority, often compared to Abraham Lincoln’s actions in 1861, made President Wilson a virtual “dictator,” according to some Constitutional scholars. The Espionage Act of 1917 and the Sedition Law of 1918 are two examples of specific laws that infringed on First Amendment guarantees.

Espionage and Sedition Acts in World War One: Presidential War Powers in the Woodrow Wilson Administration http://modern-us-his...e#ixzz0o8mxSTLe

Edited by ##########

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

so you mean all the war movies where the soldiers use bad language...those aren't true? Oh, good to know.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

so you mean all the war movies where the soldiers use bad language...those aren't true? Oh, good to know.

Much like the Vietnam war, WWI was not very popular in the US, neither at the time, nor during the period following the war.

PH2007080200581.jpg

"The Wages of War: Bonus Army to Baghdad" includes the story of thousands of World War I veterans (such as Joe Shanley, above) who took up residence in the District in 1932 to seek payment for their wartime services. (Historical Society of Washington)

President Herbert Hoover ordered the U.S. Army to run the protesters out of downtown, the troops were commanded by Douglas MacArthur, and his subordinate officers included Dwight D. Eisenhower and George S. Patton.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/02/AR2007080200579.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Much like the Vietnam war, WWI was not very popular in the US, neither at the time, nor during the period following the war.

There's a reason why WWI, WWII, and Vietnam needed something major (something fabricated actually) for us to enter the war.

The 20th Century should be called, "USA Superpower: The Century Of Lies"

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There's a reason why WWI, WWII, and Vietnam needed something major (something fabricated actually) for us to enter the war.

The 20th Century should be called, "USA Superpower: The Century Of Lies"

WHat was Fabricated to draw us into WW2?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

WHat was Fabricated to draw us into WW2?

Well, we 'let' it happen in that scenario and we did everything we could to piss Japan off as well. The government was looking for an excuse to get into the war and they got one...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Well, we 'let' it happen in that scenario and we did everything we could to piss Japan off as well. The government was looking for an excuse to get into the war and they got one...

I suppose you are mostly referring to the oil embargo back in the day when we were producing the stuff?

I wouldn;t call this embargo anything but what it was.... us cutting off a customer which was using this resource to invade other countries.

Thats not exactly the same as fabricating events to involve ones self in a war.

William Penn

Timeline

I suppose you are mostly referring to the oil embargo back in the day when we were producing the stuff?

I wouldn;t call this embargo anything but what it was.... us cutting off a customer which was using this resource to invade other countries.

Thats not exactly the same as fabricating events to involve ones self in a war.

Well, it was much more than just an oil embargo. Several others products were cut off as well.

On top of that, there are several counts of the US being warned about the attack...

One of those things that was better/easier to let happen to get us involved.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Well, it was much more than just an oil embargo. Several others products were cut off as well.

On top of that, there are several counts of the US being warned about the attack...

One of those things that was better/easier to let happen to get us involved.

Sure the ball was dropped on several fronts to prepare for the attack (and relay the warning) and you might call me a sap but I have a hard time believing even Roosevelt would allow such an attack on our whole pacific fleet not to mention the mass loss of life.

In fact, the events actually discredit such a dark theory.

If the logic were to give motivation for war, we would have laid in wait, and fought back... certainly another countries attack on us _win or Loose_ would have been cause to go to war.

Why sacrifice your lead naval port in the pacific, all the men and shipping not to mention Aircraft at a time when you need them to go to war with this same enemy?

If you and I were planing this same endgame... would we do it this way..... would anyone?

William Penn