szliu

Fiance Visa application in US and Netherlands at same time

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What if a woman has men in two different countries file fiancee visas at the same time? My example, a Russian girl has a K1 in the US filed for her. Then, while still pending, she also has a Dutch man file for a partnership visa for her in the Netherlands where she works with a temporary visa. Now both are pending at the same time.

1. Is it illegal? For either or both countries. Or if not "illegal" will it cause rejection by both countries if they find out? Or what consequences, if any?

2. Is there some way that both countries routinely check for this and try to prevent it? In other words, will they find out she is applying in both countries.

3. How can her finances check if she doing this if it is not routinely checked?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, in order to get a U.S. fiance(e) visa you must be free to marry. If you have promised someone else that you will be their wife or common law wife, are you truly free to marry?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't think the USCIS checks other country immigrations. I do know that she will have to sign a letter saying that she is free to marry and committed to marry the petitioner in the 90 day window. I guess that's all.

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I don't think the USCIS checks other country immigrations. I do know that she will have to sign a letter saying that she is free to marry and committed to marry the petitioner in the 90 day window. I guess that's all.

No and they don't care. Doesn't sound like a valid fiance(e) relationship to me though. Consular officers care about fraudulent relationships, big time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.