HBKHHH

How to reapply a denied K1 Visa? - China

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ok thanks darnell.

By the way I have another question. last year i remember my fiancee was asked for proof of residance in the US.

Mortgauge bills. or utility bill. ext. The problem is. I dont own the house.I live with my parents and my brother.

after we are married we will get an apartment.

besides there is plenty of room at the house I reside at now.

will they accept my insurance bills and phone bills? I also have some loan bills.

tnx.

Craig.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I also have another question. it may be a stupied question. but I think they may ask her at the interview.

well we both decided to wait untel after we are married to first have sex. she is very traditional.

and I belive she is a virgin.

if she tells them we have not? will they deny her Visa.

Once again.this might be a stupid question.

I just want to be prepared for anything.

I highly doubt such a question would be asked at this point. If it is, just answer honestly and explain why. I could not see a visa (especially a fiancée visa) being denied for this.

While the question will likely not get asked at the Consulate, it may be asked when you are interviewed for the adjustment of status process after you are married. I remember my cousin's wife from Argentina told me that she was asked that question when she was applying for her green card.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Ok I know the will most likely not ask her this.

Also this is the second time she will be interviewed so Im worried if they will scheduel her interview in advance enough that I can acompany her this time.

Last year they schedueld it 1 month in advance I hope this time will be the same. She just sent the 1st packet to the embassy how long will it take before she recives the next ?

Thanks.

Craig.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

also about the EOR letter how detailed should I go with it? just exsplain the begining and the present of of relationship?

Since this is the '2nd time up for interview' -

I would spend much time with the EOR letter. Try to keep it under 3 pages. Cover major timeticks such as 1--trips 2--date decision made to marry 3--time spent with her parents then other areas, as well, such as 1--communication ability between you two 2--any red flags that you are overcoming with submitted evidence

here's my 'template example', but it's 'married-specific' - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=260331&view=findpost&p=3995116

and here's a discussion about red flags - please review it, determine if you two have any of the listed red flags, cover them in the EOR and seperate evidence - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/234971-red-flag-list-for-visa-denial/page__hl__appointment

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ok thanks darnell.

I will attach a copy of what I have so far on the EOR letter .

Is it ok?

.Evolution of relationship.

….................................................................................................................................................................

Dear sir or madam.

This is a letter explaining and proving the development of relationship. between I Craig B Voclain,and my fiancee Chao,Ying,Yang.

My fiancee and I first met on the internet. In October 16th 2009.

We started or communication through Emails, A month later we used the telephone. I called her about once a week. After communicating for 6 months. I went to China to meet in person for the first time. We met on March 31st 2009. I stayed there 8days. We went shoping together watched a movie,and ate lunch and dinner together. I also met her parents. We fell deeply in love.I also have pictures to prove this meeting.

When I returned we continued to communicate through email and telephone everyday.. after 6 months I found an intenational version of QQ messenger. We now chat using QQ. I than again visited her on april 29th 2010. this time I stayed for 2 weeks. We had a great time.I stayed with her in her apartment. We went to the park,had lunch and dinner together. We went shopping, I even met her cousin Lei Lang. And her best friends,I also have pictures to prove this meeting.

We are now planning or wedding. We wish to marry as soon as possible.

And plan to have childern after we are married.We love each other very much.

I hope this information will be of help during the interview.

I swear under penalty of law. That the information listed above is true to my knowledge.

Signed : Craig Voclain

And dated:08/26/2010.

should I mention the last denied Visa. and exsplain what I did to fix the reason of denial?

Also she mailed the packet last saturday. about how long from now you think the interview will be?

Ill call the DOS. I just hope its in october. any time before then will be difficult for me to get off.

Thanks.

Craig.

Timeline

well, there's some obvious typos - I'm sure you can 'get to those', soonish.

I see nothing about communication ability, though. That's a big dealio, at GUZ IV.

re: 2nd Visa attempt - actually, I'd cover that, in the EOR letter.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ok. I added somethings to the EOR letter hope this is better.

Take a look.

PS I will correct the spelling.

.Evolution of relationship.

….................................................................................................................................................................

Dear sir or madam.

This is a letter explaining and proving the development of relationship. between I Craig B Voclain,and my fiancee Chao,Ying,Yang.

My fiancee and I first met on the internet through a dating site in October 16th 2009.

We used the service for a short while exchanged some EMF letters.But shortly we communicated through emails,phone,and QQ instant messenger. We talked on the phone almost everyday,and emailed each other everyday,Her english is fair so we have good communication. After knowing each other for about 6 months. We meet in person for the first time. We met on March 31st 2009. I stayed there for eight days. She met me at the airport, the first days 03/31/09-04/02/09 We travelled around Changsha, we went to some famous places Yulu montain,and Xiangjiang river,We also went shopping,watched a movie, the name was slum dog millionare. On 04/03/09 I met her parents. We

all had dinner together, and some shopping, The last days04/05/09-04/09/09 we spent at the amusement park, and went shopping, We decided on April 6th to get engaged, We plan to get married as soon as possible.

When I returned home we decided to apply for the K1 Visa,And get married here in the US. Sadly she failed the interveiw. On 02/01/10. After some time I decided to return and correct the preoblem wich was failer to prove a valid relationship. So we decided to gather more poof, more pictures,Instant messenger,phone records, and emails, I met her again on april 29th 2010. This time I stayed there for 2 weeks. I lived in her apartment, the first 3 days she had off from work. So we chose to spend that time together. The first day 05/01/10 we went out for lunch,then went to the park, we took pictures, then we went shopping. I bought her some new shoes,The second day 05/02/10 we wanted to travel to Shanghi but had no time. So instead we stayed in Changsha and travel around there , the third day 05/03/10. I met her cousin Lei Lang . We went to another park that was celibrating the world expo. We played some of the games there. Won some prizes had a great time. I have pictures of all this to prove it. The next days05/04/10-05/12/10. she had to work so I stayed at her apartment. I went out and looked around. And I waited for her to come home from work. When she got home I greeted her with a big hug and kiss. Then we had dinner,after we went shopping for food, She had off from work on the following Saturday we wanted to go to the amusment park but it was raining. So instead we watched a movie. Iron Man 2.

After the movie we went shopping. Then we met with her cousin Lei Lin and her best friends. we had dinner together. Then went to the KTV. It was a lot of fun.

After I returned home. I applied for the K1 Visa again. This time I have more pictures and more proof.

As you can see on the instant messenger. We communicate well. I also call her everyday.

We are now planning or wedding. We wish to marry as soon as possible.

And plan to have childern within two years after we are married. We love each other very much.

I hope this information will be of help during the interview.

And I swear under penalty of law. That the information listed above is true to my knowledge.

Signed :

And dated:

................................................................................

I also have some of her friends and her brother. I can ask to sign a letter saying that they have witnessed our relationship.If it would help.

Thanks.

Craig

Timeline

Craig, it's coming along. I like the narrative style, and yer not showing any anger in the letter, about the prior denial (which is cool) and yer not dripping sappy (which is also good).

I'll make some other comments in a day, I've got to knock out some work in the next 12 hours, then sleep.

Timeline

1. write the name of the dating site , change the year - I think is 2008, not 2009. My fiancee and I first met on the internet through a dating site in October 16th 2009. to My fiancee and I first met on the internet via the XYZ website on October 16th, 2008.

2. replace After knowing each other for about 6 months. We meet in person for the first time. We met on March 31st 2009. with We spent 6 months communicating almost daily, and met in (city name), China, on March 31st, 2009

3. replace Sadly she failed the interveiw. On 02/01/10 with Sadly, she failed the interview on 02/01/2010.

4. replace I also call her everyday. with I also call her everyday, as you can observe from the call detail records provided.

that's it, for now - I don't want to get into grammatical issues with the letter, as I think that if it was grammatically correct, any VO would think it was written by a professional writer, and smell some sh|it in there, sideways... DO try to address any spelling errors, though, yes?

GOod Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

medical exam, police clearance report, have 1 year of 'life'

1 year stops about 10 days past interview date, so check the dates, figure out if she needs new ones, or not.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

hello darnel.

Im still waiting for the interview date.

Can anyone tell me how long this will take?

My fiancee is driving me crazy about this.

She wants the interview to be next month.

Is there anyway I can speed up the process?

can I call the embassy and ask them?

she also told me about a girl she talked with on the net.

that her bf wrote a eor letter to the embassy and emailed them .

and they approved her visa without a second interview.

help please.

thanks /Craig.

Timeline

oh - you can certainly email the Guangzhou IV unit, inquire for casefile status,

but can also check in with the DoS Hotline, check for casefile status, as well -

Do you know the current casefile status, btw?

Have a read here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Dodi's posted 'how to call', and further down, I've posted 'what you can get'.

GUZ IV email portal at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Do you think you'll benefit from any P3 shortcut ? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Can you update yer timeline please, over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=65668 ? I'm missing some data points, there.

re: EOR - ya, that is example of the stuff that I preach. EOR is important, always.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Yes I have called the DOS still no interview date. But they did say she was eligdeble for a interview.

I have updated my time line. it may not be the exact dates but I put as close to it as possible.

I emailed the embassy. But i still would like to call them.

I hope her interview will be soon. so I can tell her the good news.

Thanks.

Craig.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.