Jacksonj51

Adjustment of Status Fees?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Let me get this straight... If I'm doing my math correct by filing for adjustment of status ($325) along with the supplemental vaccine($70), EAD ($180), and the advanced parole form ($170), then it will cost a total of $725!!!??

Thats just the basic fees cost, not counting all the simple costs like postage, photos, translations, etc.

Am I wrong???

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Did you mean $70 for the biometrics fingerprinting fee, and not the vaccination supplement? If you did, then you're absolutely correct. The cost of the supplement varies from civil surgeon to civil surgeon, so that will be an additional cost you'll need to factor in.

Yes, it is a very expensive process. I paid $330 for my vaccination supplement so my AOS process cost me quite a sum too, although I did not file for AP because I didn't need it.

Those are the costs assuming it is just a spouse that will need to adjust. If there are children they will each need an adjustment application too.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

yep isnt immigration a bunch of fun.....

we paid $395 for my AOS, $180 for EAD, didnt bother doing the AP as it said optional, Ill just wait until I get the AOS to travel back to Europe!

Also $295 for my sons AOS!

Then like you said there is the photocopying ($15), the copies of marriage certificate ($14), the passport photos (me and son $25), the postage ($10), ....

I mean here we are, trying to make it work as a couple, my husband is working his a$$ off, doing sometimes 12 hour days just to keep us going and to be sure he can make me happy, whilst I am sitting around waiting for some document telling me I can go to work, not even a guarantee that I will find work soon after!

I dunno bout everyone else, but I have had low days feeling truly guitly bout not paying my way for things. I got lucky, my guy works hard, we are currently living with his Mom to save on costs so we can soon buy a house and he loves me so much he is accepting all the lows in this process....

And buying me tons of choc to chew on to help me deal with the stress!! (should perhaps include that as a cost too!!!! ;)

Also, one thing that totally bums me out and which I believe USCIS should think bout changing is seeing on all those forms how asylum seekers etc can get all the stuff for free.... I truly feel for ppl who come over due to distress in their own country, but still, when writing an $800 check.... well, it hurts.....

You get approved for your visa to come over, are finally together, get married and think the stress is gone but soon enough there is other stuff to deal with, which makes you wonder..... does it ever stop?

Edited by DouglasSheridan

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
yep isnt immigration a bunch of fun.....

we paid $395 for my AOS, $180 for EAD, didnt bother doing the AP as it said optional, Ill just wait until I get the AOS to travel back to Europe!

Also $295 for my sons AOS!

Then like you said there is the photocopying ($15), the copies of marriage certificate ($14), the passport photos (me and son $25), the postage ($10), ....

I mean here we are, trying to make it work as a couple, my husband is working his a$$ off, doing sometimes 12 hour days just to keep us going and to be sure he can make me happy, whilst I am sitting around waiting for some document telling me I can go to work, not even a guarantee that I will find work soon after!

I dunno bout everyone else, but I have had low days feeling truly guitly bout not paying my way for things. I got lucky, my guy works hard, we are currently living with his Mom to save on costs so we can soon buy a house and he loves me so much he is accepting all the lows in this process....

And buying me tons of choc to chew on to help me deal with the stress!! (should perhaps include that as a cost too!!!! ;)

Also, one thing that totally bums me out and which I believe USCIS should think bout changing is seeing on all those forms how asylum seekers etc can get all the stuff for free.... I truly feel for ppl who come over due to distress in their own country, but still, when writing an $800 check.... well, it hurts.....

You get approved for your visa to come over, are finally together, get married and think the stress is gone but soon enough there is other stuff to deal with, which makes you wonder..... does it ever stop?

I've reached that realistic age where I have to choose between having fun and a heart attack :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.