netguy

questions about I-485 Part 1 section

6 posts in this topic

We are pre-filling the I-485 form. Just wondering what does my K1 Fiance(soon will be my wife travelling to usa) put in the following sections of I-485?

I-485 Form, Part 1 section:

---------------------

1. Date of Last Arrival(mm/dd/yyyy) (to usa..is this the date when she lands in USA?)

2. I-94# (I'm thinking this is a document she will get with a number on it?)

3. Current USCIS Status? (note she will be getting a K1 visa I assume put in K1 ?)

4. Expires On (mm/dd/yyyy) ? (I assume put in the K1 visa expire date?)

thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are pre-filling the I-485 form. Just wondering what does my K1 Fiance(soon will be my wife travelling to usa) put in the following sections of I-485?

---------------------

1. Date of Last Arrival(mm/dd/yyyy) (to usa..is this the date when she lands in USA?) Yup

2. I-94# (I'm thinking this is a document she will get with a number on it?) Yes, it will be stapled into her passport

3. Current USCIS Status? (note she will be getting a K1 visa I assume put in K1 ?) Correct again

4. Expires On (mm/dd/yyyy) ? (I assume put in the K1 visa expire date?) No, this would be the I-94 expiry date, which is 90 days after her crossing.

thanks.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

---------------------

1. Date of Last Arrival(mm/dd/yyyy) (to usa..is this the date when she lands in USA?)

2. I-94# (I'm thinking this is a document she will get with a number on it?)

3. Current USCIS Status? (note she will be getting a K1 visa I assume put in K1 ?)

4. Expires On (mm/dd/yyyy) ? (I assume put in the K1 visa expire date?)

thanks.

1. Yes

2. Yes. it's a little while piece of paper called "Arrival/Departure Record" that will be stapled to a page in her passport. Example in the AOS thread in my sig

3. Yes. K1. See the example forms (link up the top of the page) which should help.

4. I-94 expiry date. A stamp will be put in her passport and a date put in. This is the "expiry" date. the K1 is dead on arrival as it's a single-entry visa.

Also, you didn't ask but you most likely will...

- The VISA NUMBER is the number in RED on the visa. (example in AOS thread in my sig).

- Her ALIEN NUMBER (A#) can be found on the NOA2 above her name starts with A0 then 8 digits.

- Her SSN can be obtained 2 weeks (sometimes sooner) after she arrives. She doesn't NEED one to apply for AOS but she may need one to open bank accounts and get added to health insurance etc

Please see the AOS thread in my signature which should help you out.

best of luck and congrats on your impending wedding!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

In I-485 Form, Part 3, Section B, it asks to list spouses and all children. I listed myself as the husband, put in my A# number and then their is a section that asks "APPLYING WITH YOU" YES OR NO? I checked off NO, however I would like to know what this really means? is it asking if I am also being sponsered or is it asking if I will be attending the interview with my wife since I'm the husband with a US citizen.

thanks!

1. Yes

2. Yes. it's a little while piece of paper called "Arrival/Departure Record" that will be stapled to a page in her passport. Example in the AOS thread in my sig

3. Yes. K1. See the example forms (link up the top of the page) which should help.

4. I-94 expiry date. A stamp will be put in her passport and a date put in. This is the "expiry" date. the K1 is dead on arrival as it's a single-entry visa.

Also, you didn't ask but you most likely will...

- The VISA NUMBER is the number in RED on the visa. (example in AOS thread in my sig).

- Her ALIEN NUMBER (A#) can be found on the NOA2 above her name starts with A0 then 8 digits.

- Her SSN can be obtained 2 weeks (sometimes sooner) after she arrives. She doesn't NEED one to apply for AOS but she may need one to open bank accounts and get added to health insurance etc

Please see the AOS thread in my signature which should help you out.

best of luck and congrats on your impending wedding!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

In I-485 Form, Part 3, Section B, it asks to list spouses and all children. I listed myself as the husband, put in my A# number and then their is a section that asks "APPLYING WITH YOU" YES OR NO? I checked off NO, however I would like to know what this really means? is it asking if I am also being sponsered or is it asking if I will be attending the interview with my wife since I'm the husband with a US citizen.

thanks!

It's asking if you're also immigrating so your answer was correct.

A lot of USCIS forms are multi-purpose. For instance when someone would invite their mother and father to immigrate, mum and dad would complete the form with each other as spouses and put "yes" because they're immigrating together. Also, it has spaces for children, and lots of people immigrate with their children so would put their kids names and "yes" that they're applying with them.

thank you for the clarification!!

It's asking if you're also immigrating so your answer was correct.

A lot of USCIS forms are multi-purpose. For instance when someone would invite their mother and father to immigrate, mum and dad would complete the form with each other as spouses and put "yes" because they're immigrating together. Also, it has spaces for children, and lots of people immigrate with their children so would put their kids names and "yes" that they're applying with them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.