Mikhail

Bonifide relationship questions

9 posts in this topic

are fotos nescessary for evidence of a bonifide relationship? how many do i send in?

our evidence for a bonifide relationship, this would be sufficient right?

pictures of us together along with wedding fotos

marriage certificate

cell fone transcripts over the last 11 months

eticket from when i visited my wife

cards

handwritten letters

emails

envelopes

an Im conversation

confirmation emails of money i sent to my wife from remit home

affidavit of a witness at my marriage ceremony

are fotos nescessary for evidence of a bonifide relationship? how many do i send in?

marriage certificate

cards

handwritten letters

emails

envelopes

an Im conversation

Are you asking about I-130 evidence? If so, we did not include cell transcripts/emails/IM conversations (we will have for interview).

Marraige certificate is a must! Pics of the wedding (showing you and her and family)...pics of the two of you at different times and places....pics of you with family members that were also in the wedding pics...these are all VERY helpful.

We included confirmation of money sent....affidavits of witnesses (5)...copies of airline tickets & stamped passport..

receipts (with my/our signature) for places I stayed, places we went, our honeymoon, etc......anything that will validate the relationship.

Included documentation showing her name change on all of her photo IDs.

Do not forget to include all that USCIS tells you to send....certified of your birth certificate, etc.

We sent about 60 pics along.

Put everything in an orderly fashion as outlined here in VJ with a coversheet....and put her name & birthdate on everything!

We had no problems whatsoever and received our NOA2 in 52 days!

so r u saying we shud leve some information out like transcripts or what not so we have more evidence at a later date for the interview? because really were not going to have any more evidence then, compared to what we have right now so i guess that is a good idea

so r u saying we shud leve some information out like transcripts or what not so we have more evidence at a later date for the interview? because really were not going to have any more evidence then, compared to what we have right now so i guess that is a good idea

Nope...not saying that at all.

We felt the evidence we gave them was substantial...and we did not want to overload what we sent. We wanted a good presentation that clearly showed our bonified relationship without adding things that could distract (just our thoughts).

We decided she will take the rest to the interview...in case she is asked for further documentation (again just our thoughts).

What we have done is working for us.....I do not say it will work for anyone else.

Hope all goes as well for you two!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

marriage certificate

cards

handwritten letters

emails

envelopes

an Im conversation

I would leave out anything about money transfers. One way transfers are not co-mingling. Your marriage certificate is the document from your marriage ceremony that is important. Affidavits from people who know no more about your relationship than that they attended a ceremony are usually lame and no help. Unless by eticket, you mean boarding pass, it isn't evidence, besides, the marriage certificate indicates you were "there".

Don't know what you mean by cell phone transcripts but if YOU typed them, leave them out. They aren't evidence either.

I take it you're reading the I-130 instructions, which is good but anything you read directly following the words "in addition to the required....." is NOT REQUIRED. So only include it if it is actual evidence and will be "helpful".

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or

4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

Basically leaves it wide open as to what you feel is sufficient. I don't really see why 1-3 are even considered. Hard to get a joint lease/ownership when the beneficiary isn't even here. Same with co-mingling accounts. My bank would not open a joint account, because she doesn't have a SSN. Same with my landlord. Couldn't add her to the lease without a SSN.

I have pics from the wedding, pics of me with her family outside the wedding, and pics of the two of us in different places in the PI. I also have 4 affidavits, one from a sister, one from an aunt who was one of the witnesses, and signed the marriage license, and I will include chat logs from Skype from when I returned from the Philippines until I file...

Any advice from anyone else on what to include would be nice. I'm sure Mikhail would like some good answers too, instead of "read the guide? Becasue as seen above, the "guide" leaves it wide open....

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just got mine approved and for my evidence I had...

10 pictures (with descriptions and dates on the back) throughout our relationship

3 affidavits from people who had witnessed our relationship and attended our wedding (and no they are not LAME, they help and I have had many people advise me to ge 3 of them)

Copies of flight summaries (emails) of tickets of trips that we made together and to visit each other (and no it doesn't have to be an actual boarding pass)

A copy of a statement with our joint bank account in America and an investment I added his name too (it was very easy to put his name on my account)

Plus all the information required in the I130 packet. This INCLUDES the marriage certificate, so I don;t think it is bonafied evidence of your relationship, as all it states is that your married, nothing more, nothing less.

Marriage : 2010-01-21

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-22

I-130 NOA2: 2010-04-29

NVC Received : 2010-05-03

3032/I-864 Bill 2010-05-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-05-12

CompleteDS-3032 2010-05-07

Receive IV Bill 2010-05-07

Pay IV Bill : 2010-05-07

Interview: 2011-04-28 ;)

Visa Received: 2011-06-27

POE (SFO): 2011-12-27

SSN: 2012-1-4

1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or

4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

Basically leaves it wide open as to what you feel is sufficient. I don't really see why 1-3 are even considered. Hard to get a joint lease/ownership when the beneficiary isn't even here. Same with co-mingling accounts. My bank would not open a joint account, because she doesn't have a SSN. Same with my landlord. Couldn't add her to the lease without a SSN.

I have pics from the wedding, pics of me with her family outside the wedding, and pics of the two of us in different places in the PI. I also have 4 affidavits, one from a sister, one from an aunt who was one of the witnesses, and signed the marriage license, and I will include chat logs from Skype from when I returned from the Philippines until I file...

Any advice from anyone else on what to include would be nice. I'm sure Mikhail would like some good answers too, instead of "read the guide? Becasue as seen above, the "guide" leaves it wide open....

Everyone here prays for good advice. Many people have different ideas of what is good and what is not. I can only tell you what we did and what our results have been. Looking at the I-130 instruction form...it tells what documents are needed to "prove" a relationship.

You have to prove that there is a family relationship between you and your relative. If you are filing for:

1. A husband or wife, submit the following documentation:

What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?

C. A passport-style color photo of yourself and a passport-style color photo of your husband or wife, taken within 30 days of the date of this petition. The photos must have a white background and be glossy unretouched and not mounted. The dimensions of the full frontal facial image should be about 1 inch from the chin to top of the hair. Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print the name (and Alien Registration Number, if known) on the back of each photograph.

B. If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

A. A copy of your marriage certificate.

D. A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:

E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Take it for what its worth.....we submitted everything we could to "prove" our relationship!

Unless you think the USCIS is trying to trip you up on the instruction form...I would say you are on the right track!

Edited by garysworld

Everyone here prays for good advice. Many people have different ideas of what is good and what is not. I can only tell you what we did and what our results have been. Looking at the I-130 instruction form...it tells what documents are needed to "prove" a relationship.

You have to prove that there is a family relationship between you and your relative. If you are filing for:

1. A husband or wife, submit the following documentation:

What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?

C. A passport-style color photo of yourself and a passport-style color photo of your husband or wife, taken within 30 days of the date of this petition. The photos must have a white background and be glossy unretouched and not mounted. The dimensions of the full frontal facial image should be about 1 inch from the chin to top of the hair. Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print the name (and Alien Registration Number, if known) on the back of each photograph.

B. If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

A. A copy of your marriage certificate.

D. A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:

E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Take it for what its worth.....we submitted everything we could to "prove" our relationship!

Unless you think the USCIS is trying to trip you up on the instruction form...I would say you are on the right track!

I have only been to the Philippinies one time...and it was when we got married. I filed K-1 for her in '07, but because of deployments and a very slow process to fix her birth certificate, the petition expired, and we chose this route instead. With just one trip to the PI for me, will this raise a flag? We have been engaged since 06, and I have done an evolution of relationship letter to include in the package...I'm a bit nervous now because I have only been to the PI once, and it was for the marriage. Hopefully the fact we filed K-1 before will help...

Edited by Filipinawife0210

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.