robleftca

Death in family needs to go back what to do??

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay here is the thing, I don't want to be mean and say she can't go back. I want her to go back to be with family. We have been married but haven't filled for the ajos. we are about to. We need just to follow up with dr. Have done all the tests with him and health department and today we got news her dad passed away.

If she goes back to philippens then she would have to come back as i-130?? I am readying i-130 is only for those that don't marry here? Any advise how to go about this????? Please help asap as we have to decided what to do. It is going to be a big finacial burdon. i would rather send money back to family to help with funeral then have her go back got to go she is crying and hurting please respond soon

thanks robert and grace

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Sorry to hear about the death.. Make an infopass appointment and see if you can get an expedited advance parole.

If you cant get the advanced parole, then your only choice at this point would be to file the I-130 if she left to go back to the PI. That would be the only way to get her back here...it doesnt matter where you marry your wife...if she doesnt have a visa to come to the US then you would file the I-130 for the CR-1 visa.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

If your wife has an advance parole, she can travel to the Philippines to attend her father's funeral and to be with her family, then she can return to the U.S. To get an expedited advance parole, she will need to make an infopass appointment and take a copy of her father's death certificate to the appointment. The USCIS will give her an expedited advance parole which will allow her to travel to the Philippines and back to the U.S. without any problem. USCIS should give her the expedited advance parole within a few days or sooner after her infopass appointment. In that case, there will be no need to file an I-130. She will be free to travel.

My condolences on her loss. (F)

She can't get Advance Parole if there is not a currently pending Adjustment of Status application.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

THE AOS MUST BE FILED INORDER TO ATTAIN AN EXPEDITED ADVANCED PAROLE.

here are the steps they will request of them:

AOS must be file, will need NOA1 from AOS

Must show death certificate to be appoved for an expited adavanced parole.

So before you go for an infopass you need to put the above steps in motion, and have a copy of the death certificate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You may apply for an AP only after your AOS has been filed and you've received the NOA1.

My condolences.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

She must be with her family? Aren't you, the husband, now the most important family she has?

I don't mean to come over as being disrespectful, but as somebody who lost both his parents while residing here in the US I'm having a hard time to fly thousands of miles and spend thousands of dollars to visit somebody who is already dead.

If a family member was in critical condition and is about to die, I'd understand the urge to say "goodbye," but once it's all over it's not urgent anymore, or is it? Why can't she fly once she has her GC and pay her respect then?

Just my 2 cents . .

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

She must be with her family? Aren't you, the husband, now the most important family she has?

I don't mean to come over as being disrespectful, but as somebody who lost both his parents while residing here in the US I'm having a hard time to fly thousands of miles and spend thousands of dollars to visit somebody who is already dead.

If a family member was in critical condition and is about to die, I'd understand the urge to say "goodbye," but once it's all over it's not urgent anymore, or is it? Why can't she fly once she has her GC and pay her respect then?

Just my 2 cents . .

Sorry but this a about their culture, which is very different from your culture as I can see, family is family wether you married or not.

Some of us come from very family oriented cultures and is already hard to be away from them,I can't imagine my father dying in me not being able to go and say goodbye to him God forbiden!!!

Maher

I'm sorry for her lost, my condolences to her and her family

Removing Conditions

12/30/2009: I-751 sent

12/31 2009 receieved at Vermont Center.

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

1/15/2010 Biometrics appoint. ( Feb. 3th)

4/12/2010 Aproved! Card production ordered!

4/20/2010 Card received

Finally over!!! no more uscis until naturalization.

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Timeline

Just my 2 cents . .

I agree and I like your practicality

Filed: Other Timeline

Maherforever,

you didn't get my post. I said I do understand that there's an urgency when a loved one is about to die in order to be with them and to say goodbye. But once the person is dead and in a big wooden box which is being lifted into the ground and dirt is being thrown on top of it, the urgency is gone. At that point saying goodbye and paying one's respect can be done with the same effectiveness and compassion at a later time, say a few weeks later.

I also understand that people from different cultures may have a different view on this. Thus, what I stated was only my personal view, my 2 cents so to speak.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline

Just my 2 cents . .

Agree with this post and also if the family expects you to pay for the funeral, the money for the ticket for going home maybe enough to cover the cost for a decent funeral.

When my father passed away, I decided not to go home because first, I was pregnant at that time and second, I was being practical and instead of buying a ticket, my husband and I sent money to cover most of the expenses for my father’s funeral so I did not feel bad at all that I did not see my father for the last time.

I know it’s tough but the pain will go away eventually especially when you realized that you did the right thing.

Sometimes we have to do what we got to do especially with this tough economy and money is very essential.

725451hqye09hovg.gif

Been there, done that.

Timeline

Agree with this post and also if the family expects you to pay for the funeral, the money for the ticket for going home maybe enough to cover the cost for a decent funeral.

When my father passed away, I decided not to go home because first, I was pregnant at that time and second, I was being practical and instead of buying a ticket, my husband and I sent money to cover most of the expenses for my father’s funeral so I did not feel bad at all that I did not see my father for the last time.

I know it’s tough but the pain will go away eventually especially when you realized that you did the right thing.

Sometimes we have to do what we got to do especially with this tough economy and money is very essential.

that is what we basically did. The money we were to use for AOS, we used to help the family. We barrowed more money to help too. So now we are going to be behind the 8 ball again. we will just have to save again to get the 1000 dolars

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.