elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Julian -

Does Melissa ever do anything right?

Oh I suppose anything is possible. :whistle::)

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Oh I suppose anything is possible. :whistle::)

Oh right. You've disappointed me though. I thought surely you were going to say she was doing right by marrying you. :lol:

She's doing right by bringing my future sugar daddy over to the US on her tab.star_smile.gif

Well what a lucky girl you are! ;)

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Oh right. You've disappointed me though. I thought surely you were going to say she was doing right by marrying you. :lol:

Well, one of us is doing right by marrying the other, but I'll have to get back to you on which one. :whistle:

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Timeline

Well, I like to think we are BOTH doing the right thing by getting married. :star: It's going to be so much more of a change for him than for me, and I think I underestimate how much I will have to get used to doing for us both. It's going to be my job -- literally! After he gets his EAD and is able to go back to work (ooh, that reminds me of another question I need to ask, but I'll start another thread for that), I'll be leaving my job to run the household. He's right about my forgetfulness about utility bills. :blush: If I'm going to run the household right and efficiently, I'm going to need to learn how to do this stuff right. And that includes being in charge of the insurance! :lol:

Elmcitymaven, I know you're joking. Maybe we can all meet up some time? :star:

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

I don't really like paying bills either. It's not even the money (well, maybe a little about the money). Those easy pay things really spoil me so that the one or two things that I need to pay every month are really easy to slip under the radar. It doesn't help that they come at different times, so I can't sit down and do all at once.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't really like paying bills either. It's not even the money (well, maybe a little about the money). Those easy pay things really spoil me so that the one or two things that I need to pay every month are really easy to slip under the radar. It doesn't help that they come at different times, so I can't sit down and do all at once.

I made a spreadsheet to help me. Each bank account has it's own tab and made a little side list for each payment that needed to come out of that account. I put the spreadsheed on Google Docs so the hubby and I can access it from anywhere. :D

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

I made a spreadsheet to help me. Each bank account has it's own tab and made a little side list for each payment that needed to come out of that account. I put the spreadsheed on Google Docs so the hubby and I can access it from anywhere. :D

That's a great idea Jewel! Thanks for the tip!

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

This is minor and will go away very soon since David will be here...but he leaves his Skype on when he's at home all the time so I never know if he's going to be there! It is SO ANNOYING to be hopeful to talk to him and then wonder if I should wait or not...

Most of the time I'll just call him up and tell him to get on :) I have this great sprint card that I got about 5 years ago that I keep adding monies to that, about $15 for 200 minutes.

Non-irritating, I was in a car accident on Sunday (someone hit me pretty badly) and it really shook me up and the lady is now saying that she didn't hit me at all and then my car was towed the next day for $125 pick-up (had no idea that I was in a wrong spot) and I got pretty depressed. David's in Scotland doing some conservation work and he had them drive him to a village so he could find a pay phone to call me and say that he will come tomorrow if I need him here :luv:

Maybe we should start the mushy sister of this topic?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Well what a lucky girl you are! ;)

I know! I feel giddy at the thought of diving into a swimming pool of fine jewels, as has been promised.

Elmcitymaven, I know you're joking. Maybe we can all meet up some time? :star:

Only if Julian's paying. tongue.gif Seriously, PM your details and maybe we can arrange something.smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Most of the time I'll just call him up and tell him to get on :) I have this great sprint card that I got about 5 years ago that I keep adding monies to that, about $15 for 200 minutes.

I got a card for $10 that has 1000 minutes and the connection is very clear. You do have to call a land line for that rate. :thumbs:

03-05-10 NOA1

05-26-10 Received RFE dated 05-21-10 (I forgot to answer a question, grr)

05-26-10 Replied to RFE

06-08-10 NOA2

09-08-10 Interview (187 days from NOA1)

10-05-10 Visa Issued

10-19-10 POE Atlanta

10-28-10 Wedding

05-17-11 AOS Interview APPROVED!! "Green Card" is on it's way.

Happily ever after...

This is minor and will go away very soon since David will be here...but he leaves his Skype on when he's at home all the time so I never know if he's going to be there! It is SO ANNOYING to be hopeful to talk to him and then wonder if I should wait or not...

My husband does this as well :yes: During the week it's not really an issue, due to the eight hour time difference and the fact he's at work so I know he's not actually there...but during the weekends I'll think he's at home when he's not...

Speaking of which, isn't Skype great lol?

When you wrote 'key word being little money' in another thread as to what your fiancee had, my stomach churned.

Ditto... I thought it was quite telling too that she reacted with a blush and giggle, like a little girl that had spent her pocket money on too many sweeties. :)

Timeline

I'm aware that my fiance and I have very different levels of income and it's our little joke that I am a pauper. (Although in reality I'm earning a pretty okay salary for what I do.) Maybe it's not clear that it was a joke. I feel a little hurt that everyone seems to think that J is holding this over me when it's totally not the case. :(

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.