fiffjtw24

??? about scheduling the INTERVIEW....NVC??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are almost finished with NVC (hopefully) and want to know once the case is complete and forwarded to the embassy - can we schedule the interview with Consul or must we wait for NVC to do it..??? I feel I could get a faster interview date if I were to do it and not NVC.. (Did it before with Tourist visa)

Also, what time of the month does NVC schedule interview appointments with Bogota? I have read 2nd week of the month but have seen other people say got their interview at other times.... Thanks to all

11-10-09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are almost finished with NVC (hopefully) and want to know once the case is complete and forwarded to the embassy - can we schedule the interview with Consul or must we wait for NVC to do it..??? I feel I could get a faster interview date if I were to do it and not NVC.. (Did it before with Tourist visa)

Also, what time of the month does NVC schedule interview appointments with Bogota? I have read 2nd week of the month but have seen other people say got their interview at other times.... Thanks to all

you have no authority to make your own interview with usa embassy

when your case is complete in nvc then you wait 15 to 20 days after 15 to 20 days nvc make appointment and send your document to your home usa embassy and then us embassy send beneficiary to check list about appoint interview and medical for example if embassy send you check list which date is 2 may 2010 then your interview date is june 7 2010 or july 15 its near about june or july

Edited by mustafa1232

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have not heard of anyone that was able to book their own interview, it is done by NVC.

Yes, interviews are scheduled at other times of the month, depends on the consulate. Check out timelines of others filers that have interviewed at your consulate to get a more specific idea of times. Good luck.

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I was in the same line of thinking as you. The NVC needs to make the initial interview appointment, however I have talked with someone here who was able to get an earlier interview date then what NVC scheduled. The key is that you need to wait until the embassy receives your case from NVC before you can do anything. Once they receive it, you can call the embassy and request an earlier interview date if they have one available. This person and his wife both called AND emailed the embassy and very politely asked if there was any way to get the interview date moved up and sure enough they moved it up 3 weeks earlier. Just remember to wait for your case to arrive there before doing anything. Obviously all embassies are different, but there is no harm in trying...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I was in the same line of thinking as you. The NVC needs to make the initial interview appointment, however I have talked with someone here who was able to get an earlier interview date then what NVC scheduled. The key is that you need to wait until the embassy receives your case from NVC before you can do anything. Once they receive it, you can call the embassy and request an earlier interview date if they have one available. This person and his wife both called AND emailed the embassy and very politely asked if there was any way to get the interview date moved up and sure enough they moved it up 3 weeks earlier. Just remember to wait for your case to arrive there before doing anything. Obviously all embassies are different, but there is no harm in trying...

This is interesting. My problem is my wife would need an official letter stating the interview date for a visa to the country her interview is to take place in. Do you think if I tried to call and get it moved up, if that would cause any problems with her getting a polish visa? My fear is she would not be able to prove the new visa date when applying at the Polish consulate in Minsk.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.