6 posts in this topic

I am a Filipina married to an American, we're in the process of completing the requirements for my change of status...but we seem to have a hard time in having my medical records from the Phils be certified by an Accredited Civil Surgeon in our are (Arkansas) coz almost all surgeons still required me to take a similar tests like HIV/TB skin test here in my local health center w/c I believe (K-1has already been done when I applied for my visa (K-1). In order for my papers to be submitted soon, I complied with this however, the result of my 2nd test seems to be taking sooooo long...my visa will expire soon and we seem to be beating THAT deadline...why is this happening in our area? when I read the Step-by-Step guide on How to File for Adjustment of Status it was stated, and I quote....." If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination."

I am a Filipina married to an American, we're in the process of completing the requirements for my change of status...but we seem to have a hard time in having my medical records from the Phils be certified by an Accredited Civil Surgeon in our are (Arkansas) coz almost all surgeons still required me to take a similar tests like HIV/TB skin test here in my local health center w/c I believe (K-1has already been done when I applied for my visa (K-1). In order for my papers to be submitted soon, I complied with this however, the result of my 2nd test seems to be taking sooooo long...my visa will expire soon and we seem to be beating THAT deadline...why is this happening in our area? when I read the Step-by-Step guide on How to File for Adjustment of Status it was stated, and I quote....." If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination."

I do believe that MOST of the Civil Surgeons everywhere are scam artists but you might find one or

two willing to do the transcription for $25. In our case we just bit the bullet & had the TB test done

for $120 - we knew it wasn't necessary and HE did too - he clearly stated "do you want the forms

signed or not?" I called the USCIS to complain but they offer no sympathy - in their view the civil

surgeons are completely autonomous and act at their own discretion without any oversight or regulation.

In all fairness, it would be VERY hard to set up such oversight as you would need a team of doctors

to do that and doctors are very reluctant to criticize the work of another colleague.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Find another CS. The Civil Surgeon need not be located in your home state. The doctor below is recommended by other VJ members and charges a very reasonable price.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/181335-i-693-civil-surgeon-issue/

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 114

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Dr. Arnold retired Dec. 2009.

However, there is a thread started by Nik+Heather on the list of civil surgeons that you can go for a reasonable price.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Goodluck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I just did my I-693 and didn't undergo all the test again. You just need to show them your DS-3025 which is your vaccination records. You can look on the I-485 instruction which indicate that we only need to submit the vaccination supplement not the entire medical report. But it take a bit of explanation too to the civil surgeon that i went to but they fiqure it out.

You don't need to have the HIV test too..

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Green%20Card/Civil_Surgeon_hiv_vaccination_ltr.pdf

Goodluck!

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.