itsmyname

Refiling K-3

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes they said that the record was not right that is why they are asking for our birth certificates.

He did scan our birth certificates and when he was trying to send it , it goes back and says failure dont know what is wrong and he said today he will try to call the nvc again.

Perhaps he scanned to a TIF file that is too large to email. He should scan to PDF or JPG.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

reduce the scan resolution to 200 dots per inch, or change the resolution using a photo editor software to 200 dpi.

It may be the file size for the attachments just made 'it' all too huge, and either the sending computer choked on it, the web email portal yer husband uses choked on it, or nvcinquiry@state.gov bounced it back because the filesize was too large.

when you reduce the resolution, it reduces the file size. There are other things to tweak, but resolution is the easiest.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Guys we still can't get through .. still can't send our birth certificates to the nvc add it is not working ....Really feel so bad about this. We thought of just calling the embassy manila today, is this ok?

Who has the right to terminate the application is it the embassy manila or the nvc???

Edited by ImissUbabe

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Push and Darnell have you ever tried sending files or information in nvc thru their email add???

Yes. What kind of error are you receiving. What is the file size. Help us help you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Yes, I have. help us help you ?

1. what email address are you sending to?

2. is the us citizen sending this email from

--pop3/imap email account or

--web portal email account

3. what is size of each file, in kilobytes?

IF each file is over 5 megabytes, suggest to covert it to 'grey scale tiff at 200 dpi ' with IrFanView (d/l from http://www.irfanview.com/ ) - that should knock each file down to 120 kilobytes, roughly.

Is quite possible that the 'sending computer' has some anti-virus stuff on it, that prevents the attachment of image files to email. rare, but possible.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Called the US Embassy and i am getting another appointment for K-3. We dont have this DS-230 do i have to fill up one and bring it during my interview?For K-3 how much is the visa application fee? Pls i need reference on what documents and additional documents to take with me. Please help push and Darnell.

thanks

Timeline

wow - that's some different news. I was expecting some news (good or bad) about the I-130 petition at NVC, instead; some result of yer husband calling NVC.

Are you certain it's K-3 and NOT CR-1/IR-1 visa interview?

IF it's K-3 - then it's the same set of visa application forms for the K-1, at this stage.

Please verify exactly which visa type you will be interviewing (for) ?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Did you get the forms from the USEM-Manila website ? MNL does not send out a P3 packet anymore.

I see in another post that you've an interview on May 21st. Congrats on getting the interview date, and good luck with all the forms and the interview !

Timeline

I think you have a 're-affirmed I-129F' for a K-3 interview - but I wish I could be sure.

Good Luck !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

There is no K3 anymore and when it comes to straight forward questions like the above there is no "enough". There's only the answer to the question. They aren't asking for an excuse, just an answer.

Why do you keep on saying there is no K3 anymore? There certainly is. I was advised by someone at Detroit office when I went to InfoPass appt and was told TO file for a K3! I also spoke to a person at NVC and was told K3 is NOT dead, it is simple... If a I130 is approved at the same time a I129f is filed then the I129f will be no good and they will proceed with the I130. So, why tell people that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.