itsmyname

Refiling K-3

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes it was approved but i did not go to the medical and interview. We sent out both I-130 I-129 F.

Then you don't need to refile a new I-130 at all. Just follow through with the one you already have.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What is the priority date means on the noa-1? Is that the day that we sent out the application?

Priority dates are 'when a visa # is available'

For Spousal -based visas, it's immediate availability. So that priority date is prolly the same date of notice, or even a day before.

re: ex wife info.

I'm sure he has it somewhere - check the divorce decree documents - it's BOUND to be in there.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes it was approved but i did not go to the medical and interview. We sent out both I-130 I-129 F.

What is the status on that I-130 ?

If it is still at NVC - then there is huge possibility to 'kick it into play' at NVC. You say you did not do medical or interview for this I-130, but I'm betting (right or wrong) that HE did not submit I-864 or DS-230 at NVC, either. IF that's the case -

Check the I-130 casefile number (starts with WAC or EAC)

then call the NVC AVR system, input the casefile number.

If it's still active, then NVC AVR will read back an NVC casefile number, usually starting with MNL . (I THINK?)

IF you get an NVC casefile number on this old I-130, then have yer us spouse call NVC , and jump start it all.

You might want to review this, in case he is successful to jump start the old I-130 -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

What is the status on that I-130 ?

If it is still at NVC - then there is huge possibility to 'kick it into play' at NVC. You say you did not do medical or interview for this I-130, but I'm betting (right or wrong) that HE did not submit I-864 or DS-230 at NVC, either. IF that's the case -

Check the I-130 casefile number (starts with WAC or EAC)

then call the NVC AVR system, input the casefile number.

If it's still active, then NVC AVR will read back an NVC casefile number, usually starting with MNL . (I THINK?)

IF you get an NVC casefile number on this old I-130, then have yer us spouse call NVC , and jump start it all.

You might want to review this, in case he is successful to jump start the old I-130 -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck !

Those appointments are supposed to be last year which was the month of april 2008 and it is almost two years now. The reason why we did not contact the embassay/NVC because they exactly said on the letter that there will be a possible termination if it is already a year.:(

Priority dates are 'when a visa # is available'

For Spousal -based visas, it's immediate availability. So that priority date is prolly the same date of notice, or even a day before.

re: ex wife info.

I'm sure he has it somewhere - check the divorce decree documents - it's BOUND to be in there.

Good Luck !

The birthdates are not being written in there so i think we will just leave it blank.

Those appointments are supposed to be last april 2008 and it is almost two years now. The reason why we did not contact the embassy/NVC because they exactly said on the letter that there will be a possible termination if it is already a year and we dont think that we could get another available appointment so this is the reason why we decided to refile:(

Timeline

When i checked my case number just today this is what it says "Case Number Not Found on Appointment List"

and you DID NOT USE the NVC AVR system, either. Please. use the NVC AVR system, on the old I-130 casefile.

Thanks !

Timeline

When i checked my case number just today this is what it says "Case Number Not Found on Appointment List"

Sounds like you called the Embassy in Manila. You need to contact the National Visa Center in New Hampshire about the I-130. You're confused because you have no basic understanding of the process. Start by reading the CR1 guide. Pay special attention to the NVC stage.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Am sorry Darnell but what do you mean to use this NVC AVR system?

National Visa Center

Automated Voice Response

Ask yer US Husband to call them tonight, get into the AVR, and check the OLD I-130 casenumber - see if any status on it AT NVC. If the casefile exists, is possible to kick start this I-130 AT NVC (re-read what I wrote prior, get that info to yer husband)

National Visa Center

Automated Voice Response

Ask yer US Husband to call them tonight, get into the AVR, and check the OLD I-130 casenumber - see if any status on it AT NVC. If the casefile exists, is possible to kick start this I-130 AT NVC (re-read what I wrote prior, get that info to yer husband)

Thanks Darnell we will try to check it.

My husband live in Alabama.One of the VJer's here send me a link of the place where to file it but it is different from what i have read here on VJ. Can i choose any from them?

VJ add:

USCIS P.O. Box 804616

Chicago, IL 60680-1029

Other link:

USCIS

P.O. Box 804616

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Timeline

My husband live in Alabama.One of the VJer's here send me a link of the place where to file it but it is different from what i have read here on VJ. Can i choose any from them?

VJ add:

USCIS P.O. Box 804616

Chicago, IL 60680-1029

Other link:

USCIS

P.O. Box 804616

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

No. First determine what became of the previously approved I-130. If you indeed need to refile, mail the petition to the address indicated for the US Citizens State of residence. You'll find it in the all important I-130 "instructions".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.