Jenn and Fuat

Need immediate help from someone who knows the exact answer

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am sure the answer to my question is here somewhere, but I am unfortunatley in a position that I do not have time to research and search for information.

My fiance came to the country one month ago, we got married two weeks ago and were just starting to do our paperwork for AOS. Last week, I was diagnosed with an illness that we require me to have surgery this Friday and I will be out of commission for several weeks. Stressing now, because we want to get AOS filed before I go into the hospital on Friday.

We know we don't need to file right away, but I am going to be out of work for several months and we will need him to be able to work as soon as he can ( Yes.. I will still qualify for affidavit of support. Thank GOD).

My question is.. what the heck is a civil surgeon? Can we go to any doctor to have these forms completed or do I need to find a specific doctor, as was required for our visa interview?

I am hoping we can just make an appointment with any doctor, this week,and get these forms done.. but fearing it is not going to be that simple.

Thanks for the informaiton any one can give me. If I had more time I could research all this myself.. and just kicking myself that I didn't start preparing for AOS the day we were approved for the visa.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, you will have to go to a specific doctor to have the report done. You can find a list of the civil surgeons in your area, on the USCIS site. Be prepared to pay between 80.00-300.00 dollars.

The site is here. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Edited by bassagitator

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It has to be a specific one. If you're fiance's medical was done within the last year don't let them tell you you need a whole new one, all you need is his vaccinations transcribed. Depending on where you live and your CS it could be very easy, mine was just a walk in, pay them $50 (30 for the transcription and $20 to get a varicella titre done) and they will fill out all the forms and have them for you in a couple days.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Civil_Surgeon_List

Thats a list of some of the recommended ones on here who do the transcriptions fairly cheeply.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As stated above you must use a specific type of doctor.

You ought to be able to utilize the vaccination record received when your spouse had his medical for the visa petition assuming the medical was done within the past 12 months. And it sounds like that would be true in your case. See the AOS Guide here on VJ for the specifics (Item 11 under Assembling the I-485 Packet) >>

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Now there have been RFE's for another complete medical when going through Adjustment of Status. So there are no absolutes (unfortunately) as to requiring a new medical or not as you can see in the various threads about this question here on VJ.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

No, you will have to go to a specific doctor to have the report done. You can find a list of the civil surgeons in your area, on the USCIS site. Be prepared to pay between 80.00-300.00 dollars.

The site is here. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Thanks. This is exactly the information I needed. You have no idea how much I appreciate the help.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.