Pacmtrx7

What Is Going On At The NVC???

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

OK...please bear with me while I vent. I just received my 2nd RFE. In total I have received 4 different issues within the 2 RFE's. Only 1 of them was a valid mistake on our part. The other 3 I have absolutely no idea why we got red flagged for. The valid mistake was for a gap in the residence dates and were told the dates needed to be in number format (which they already were). We took the hit on that one and resent the DS-230 with the corrected info. The second involved them asking us for my wife's birth and divorce certificate, which we sent the originals the first time with both being properly translated to English. We resent the same things again with new translations. I have no clue why the first certificates were not accepted or acknowledged.

We waited for them to receive the checklist and then expected a case complete after they received everything they asked for. Well today I called and another checklist was generated. This time it was for the number format issue again on the DS-230, which it's in number format (04/2008, etc) so I have no idea at this point what they want. The other issue was that my wife was here on a J1 visa back in 2004-2005 and they said there was an issue with that and that she didn't satisfy the foreign residency requirement where she needs to return home for 2 years. She has been back in Japan since 2005! 2005 to 2010 seems like that's more then 2 years unless I can't add correctly!

I'm trying to take a deep breath here and just go with the flow, but I have a hard time swallowing things that are already correct and they are asking for things they already have. If we made mistakes, then there is no one to blame but ourselves, but I have no idea what these people at NVC are doing that check these cases and apparently they don't know either.

With all that said I would really like to hear from others who have dealt with this frustration of getting RFE's that make no sense. What prevents them from continuing to red flag things that shouldn't be? I mean where does it end? I know people here have dealt with much worse then I have and waited much longer, but it still doesn't make it right. Is this really the process?

All of you who got through NVC quickly without any problems should consider yourself very lucky.

I do have a few questions...

1. Does the same person work on your case all the way through to it being completed, even if there are RFE's involved?

2. Why isn't everything that's wrong with your case go out in 1 RFE? It seems logical to go over the whole case and document all the problems, send out the RFE and fix it all in one shot. Maybe that would make too much sense. Why fix something and then have another RFE generated? I don't get that one at all.

3. Is it worth to try and talk to a supervisor about this? Will they tell you the same thing, that everything needs to sent back with a cover letter, etc etc...???

Ok...well I think that covers it for now. Thanks for reading and I look forward to some of your replies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I guess you should talk to an NVC supervisor. This is ridiculous. I am not sure if the same person works on the RFE, but looks like there are several people are looking at one single application. That's why there are different RFE's at different times, and sometimes even same RFE twice.

But yes, I think you should clear this up with a good supervisor. Sometimes calling twice and thrice may get you a good supervisor who can give you more details or work with you.

K

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

I heard that they are supposed to only send you 2 RFE'S...so Please Call and ask directly for a supervisor..

USCIS-NVC Journey

09-01-2009 I 130 filled under LPR Category

09-08-2009 NOA1

11-20-2009 Upgraded status

01-27-2010 NOA2

02-05-10......Case # Assigned

03-31-10........AVR inputted Case Complete

04-29-2010...Interview date assigned via Operator & email received...

06-02-2010...Medical Exam @consultorio de visas,Sto Dgo.

06-16-2010....Interview @ Santo Domingo 7.30 A.M. APPROVED

08-06-2010..... POE date @ Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta.. connecting flight to Washington DC

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It sounds to me, like yer casefile was on the desk of 3 people, at NVC.

You need to get a supervisor, and have all three 'things' consolidated, on to the same desk, the same Human.

Otherwise, yer gonna be 'still massively f*cked'. (my terminology, sorry)

Call NVC on Monday, dreg through till you get a Human, then ask for a Supervisor. Explain the difficulties and issues to THAT supervisor, and 1--beg for mercy, 2--ask for consolidation from the other reviewers.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I do have a few questions...

1. Does the same person work on your case all the way through to it being completed, even if there are RFE's involved?

2. Why isn't everything that's wrong with your case go out in 1 RFE? It seems logical to go over the whole case and document all the problems, send out the RFE and fix it all in one shot. Maybe that would make too much sense. Why fix something and then have another RFE generated? I don't get that one at all.

3. Is it worth to try and talk to a supervisor about this? Will they tell you the same thing, that everything needs to sent back with a cover letter, etc etc...???

Ok...well I think that covers it for now. Thanks for reading and I look forward to some of your replies.

1. No.

2. two sets of documents - I-864 and DS-230. TWO different groups of review personnel/humans. Sometimes 3. Sometimes 4.

3. Yes. Call. Get One. Be gentle, firm, and adamant, all at the same time. Be prepared to wait to get the right Human, as well. Remember - NVC closes at 00:00 EST, so if you can't get through from 8 -5, get them on da phone in the evening.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

1. No.

2. two sets of documents - I-864 and DS-230. TWO different groups of review personnel/humans. Sometimes 3. Sometimes 4.

3. Yes. Call. Get One. Be gentle, firm, and adamant, all at the same time. Be prepared to wait to get the right Human, as well. Remember - NVC closes at 00:00 EST, so if you can't get through from 8 -5, get them on da phone in the evening.

Thank you Darnell. That is some really helpful info. I will make that call on Monday and hopefully get some of this straightened out.

Any clue on why the issue with the J visa? I think the number format issue comes down to dashes instead of slashes, which is unreal...

Timeline

re: J visa - no - I've no clue - except to posit that perhaps someone at NVC is incapable of doing calendar math. You should bring this up, on that phone call, as well (my apologies for not addressing in my prior reply)

Timeline

Hey - any news?

Timeline

Hey - any news?

Hi Darnell

I was planning to call the NVC on Monday like you suggested, but after talking to my wife over the weekend she thought we should let our attorney handle it since that's what we are paying her for. I have been so stressed out over all this BS with the NVC that I had to take a step back and let the attorney do what she needs to do. We have had some bad luck with these bogus RFE's, but I have confidence we will get through this. We should have a case complete by May 11th if all goes smoothly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I will keep you updated and thanks again for your help!

Timeline

Wow. OK. Sorry, I am huge fan of calling NVC, even with a lawyer in tow.

Timeline

Wow. OK. Sorry, I am huge fan of calling NVC, even with a lawyer in tow.

No need to be sorry. Our attorney called the NVC and everything is straightened out. I'm confident we are back on track. Only time will tell....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.