rustyrra

what do i need notirized

6 posts in this topic

im so happy right now because my k1 is on the way to the embassy but i was reading that i need to have a letter from my place of employment which is no big deal and a letter from the bank and i read some where that one or both need to be notirized does anybody know which one it is also where can we find the poverty level cause i dont think i make enough but i will have a co spounser can anyone help me with this

i was reading that i need to have a letter from my place of employment which is no big deal and a letter from the bank and i read some where that one or both need to be notirized does anybody know which one it is

Letter from employer is optional (not every emplopyer will issue them). Niether need to be notarized - can't think of much of anything that needs to be notarized.

2009_Federal_Poverty_Guideline~1.jpgFederal Poverty Guidelines (Hawaii & Alaska not shown). Must meet the 125% minimum for your household size unless active duty military (which would be 100%). 2009's still in effect (no 2010 numbers posted yet).

im so happy right now because my k1 is on the way to the embassy but i was reading that i need to have a letter from my place of employment which is no big deal and a letter from the bank and i read some where that one or both need to be notirized does anybody know which one it is also where can we find the poverty level cause i dont think i make enough but i will have a co spounser can anyone help me with this

As far as my experience goes, my letter of employment was on company stationary

and signed by the HR officer but was NOT notarized and there was no problem with that.

To confirm it's authenticity all they have to do is call up the HR officer if there are any doubts.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

As far as my experience goes, my letter of employment was on company stationary

and signed by the HR officer but was NOT notarized and there was no problem with that.

To confirm it's authenticity all they have to do is call up the HR officer if there are any doubts.

Right, no need for notarizing but employer letters need to be on company letterhead. No need for an employer letter unless the income qualifies.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your bank letter will also be on bank stationery with the bank's logo - so you should be fine with that.

My bank said they issue Reference Letters and Immigration Letters. The main difference is that they ask you which US Department to make the Immigration Letter out to and also what the name of the person is you are sponsoring.

They will print both items onto the Immigration Letter - other than that the bank letter is nothing fancy.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi

I just did my interview at the london embassy and got approved! I had read on the embassy website about evidence of support needing notarised. This is out of date information. My fiancee in the usa (I'm moving there) supplied a letter from her employer which was on company stationary, and tax returns which she had printed off from turbo tax, which she uses to file online. This was sufficient. Nothing needs notaised now as the form i-134 (affidavit of support) is a legally binding form that the sponsor signs. This suffices and notarising is no longer required. A bank letter and employer letter will be fine.

Don't sweat :) You'll be just fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.