Rebecca Jo

Will others follow Arizona's lead on immigration?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You probably sound funny.

Expect to get asked for 'your papers'.

O wow, scarrrry- ANYTHING but the papers.

Ever wonder what driver's license, SSN, are all proof of?

And i still dont understand why so many people still just dont get it... the law itself has it written in plain text, for everyone to see- in fact, the link leonsgal70 posted repeats it: "It requires law enforcement to check the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being in the country illegally -- provided they don't stop someone on that basis alone."

That means 'sounding funny', is not a valid excuse to ask for anything.

This law is one of the best law I've heard of being introduced in years.

It accomplishes what politically correct America's federal enforcement agency's are too afraid to do, and yet is STILL worlds more watered down than other countries laws. -I don't even have to sound funny, the police here in China want to see MY papers, i better damn well have them on me, or be prepared to get 'free room & board' for a while. Did you know that right before the Beijing Olympics, regular policemen (that's right, the average policeman) got the power to detain AND deport foreigners at their discretion.

Now compare that to Arizona's law.

Edited by Moonandstar

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

And im not intending this post specifically at you, Johnnyquest, i'm just pointing this out for whoever still dosent understand this law to see.

I dont understand why the US seems to think that, because we're big-mighty-free USA, we have to be different, and have different laws than all the other logically-thought up laws in other countries.

Edited by Moonandstar

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

click link for commercial

Amos 9:11

http://live.lifechurch.tv/

DCF USC married to Canadian

March 18, 2010 I-130 Submitted Ottawa (in person)

April 26, 2010 Packet 3 Request Arrives Canada Post, MTL # assigned

April 26, 2010 Overnighted Packet 3 Checklist and DS-230

April 28, 2010 Montreal Recieves Packet 3

July 21, 2010 left DH in Canada to prove domicile in USA :(

July 26, 2010 DOS contacted, Logged & Accepted, interview not yet scheduled

Interview------God Speed please!!! I miss my husband

Amos 9:11

http://live.lifechurch.tv/

DCF USC married to Canadian

March 18, 2010 I-130 Submitted Ottawa (in person)

April 26, 2010 Packet 3 Request Arrives Canada Post, MTL # assigned

April 26, 2010 Overnighted Packet 3 Checklist and DS-230

April 28, 2010 Montreal Recieves Packet 3

July 21, 2010 left DH in Canada to prove domicile in USA :(

July 26, 2010 DOS contacted, Logged & Accepted, interview not yet scheduled

Interview------God Speed please!!! I miss my husband

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

click link for commercial

Seriously, the frog would get a +100 from me for pointing out that the people who should have read the law, so that they can form informed opinions, as it falls under their respective purviews (except Joe Biden, who was included as comic relief), have abjectly failed to do so. Yet they feel free to criticise it as unconstitutional. :blink:

It boggles the mind.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Any Texas politician that tries to get a similar law here, sure has my vote!! :thumbs:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Everyone here at VJ have waited or are waiting....have followed the laws, filed the papers.....and are paying the price $. Seems to me, if you are any other ethnicity than Mexican ......you have to follow the law...racial profiling towards whom :bonk:? I realize that many south of the border 'do' or 'have' came here legally...and I'm not referring to these individuals. This all is about 'votes' and 'control' and 'greedy businesses' that hire illegals. And they have done this so long, now they, we, are in all of this mess as a country. I applaud Arizona and do hope other states join in.

* and, if they grant amnesty..then everyone here at VJ should get that same amnesty!

Edited by DavidandJenny

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.