rodeoman

Motion to Open/Reconsider

18 posts in this topic

Hi all. My application to adjust status was denied in No.2007. My US Citizen son filed a petition for me. After denial my attorney filed Form I-601 application for waiver on grounds of excludability based on extreme hardship on my wife who is a permanent resident. I got a letter in the mail today informing me that they have approved my motion. Now what does that mean? Is it that they will reconsider my application or call me for my interview or after seven dreadful years they might issue me a resident card.? please advise

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does it say they approved your MOTION, or your I-601 waiver?

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Hi all. My application to adjust status was denied in No.2007. My US Citizen son filed a petition for me. After denial my attorney filed Form I-601 application for waiver on grounds of excludability based on extreme hardship on my wife who is a permanent resident. I got a letter in the mail today informing me that they have approved my motion. Now what does that mean? Is it that they will reconsider my application or call me for my interview or after seven dreadful years they might issue me a resident card.? please advise

APPROVED THE MOTION

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Can't answer your question, but I hope it's good news!

I did find some information here. I hope it helps.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/OLUtelcon_012809.pdf

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

In November 2005 filed Form I-485 and Form I-130 by my son. Together with this also submitted Form I-601, waiver of grounds of Excludability as the petition was previously denied. My Form I-601 was denied, therefore my lawyer, filed a motion to reopen together with I-290B, appeal or motion in November 2007. Few days back got a letter from USCIS that "YOUR MOTION has been approved". Spoke to the lawyer but was very evasive. Wanted me to make appointment, thereby, extra charges. All I want to know is are they now considering issuing me permenent residency.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like they approved the motion to reconsider and you'll get the actual decision later. . . this follow-up should be included in your attorney's previous fees. . . .and he is probably evasive because of what I just said.

BTW: most people refile the 601 because appeals to the 601 hardly ever get approved. . . .

• 1 month later...

Wow, got a letter today from USCIS, welcoming me as Permanent Resident of USA. I am so glad that after seven years of waiting and tormenting stress, I am finally there. Hope i get my card within a month as I am due for a long holiday. Thanks to all at Visa Journey for helpfull hints and advice. God Bless you all and pray that all your immigration problems be solved within a short time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! You must be ecstatic.:) Enjoy your long overdue and well deserved holiday!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Congratulations! You must be ecstatic.:) Enjoy your long overdue and well deserved holiday!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH "ZOOKEEPER". SHOULD BE HEADING TO AFRICA SOON. GOD IS GREAT !!!http://www.visajourney.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/kicking.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, got a letter today from USCIS, welcoming me as Permanent Resident of USA. I am so glad that after seven years of waiting and tormenting stress, I am finally there. Hope i get my card within a month as I am due for a long holiday. Thanks to all at Visa Journey for helpfull hints and advice. God Bless you all and pray that all your immigration problems be solved within a short time.

t0206.gif YAY! t0206.gif

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs:

Wowwww, congratulations!!! Nightmare is over!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.