dswann

Fun and Interesting things to Do when she or he gets here?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

<---- took her man to Hooters.

It was the first time I ever saw him blush. Hilarious.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, I have been at Parris Island in August. I grew up in 100 -105 temps with 98 percent humididity. I have had to shoot bugs with a 12 guage and blow when you speak to keep the bugs from coming into your mouth. Sweet Tea is a God Given right and it is why i have a southern accent. lol, The South, Anna will not know what hit her. Southern Food, Southern slang and southern Hummor. I guess i can not imagine living any where else except the deep south.

By the way, I am southern, I throw my beer cans in the back of truck instead of the "floor board" And my moms tattoo is paid for. Yall is used when speaking to a group of people. "Fixin" and Fixing are two different things. If you know this word "Dreckly" you are southern for sure. We have Cricks and Creeks here same thing really and Yes i cook my black eyed peas with a hambone. Yes, we still make home made ice cream. WELCOME TO THE SOUTH.

Anna will have a lot to adjust too here. Maily the temps, food and slang. Not to mention the USA way of life.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well, I have been at Parris Island in August. I grew up in 100 -105 temps with 98 percent humididity. I have had to shoot bugs with a 12 guage and blow when you speak to keep the bugs from coming into your mouth. Sweet Tea is a God Given right and it is why i have a southern accent. lol, The South, Anna will not know what hit her. Southern Food, Southern slang and southern Hummor. I guess i can not imagine living any where else except the deep south.

By the way, I am southern, I throw my beer cans in the back of truck instead of the "floor board" And my moms tattoo is paid for. Yall is used when speaking to a group of people. "Fixin" and Fixing are two different things. If you know this word "Dreckly" you are southern for sure. We have Cricks and Creeks here same thing really and Yes i cook my black eyed peas with a hambone. Yes, we still make home made ice cream. WELCOME TO THE SOUTH.

Anna will have a lot to adjust too here. Maily the temps, food and slang. Not to mention the USA way of life.

David

I love the south,daeme !I love the way they pronounce words.I love country music.I do not know what 'Dreckly' is thoughCare to explain?

And my would be mom-in-law has a lovely funny way of saying the I-40,she says I- farty :rofl:

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Timeline

Dreckly, drag out the dr at the begining and it means "give me a mininte" Used in a sentence, I will be there dreckly. Another southern tern Translated "ooooooo Bless your heart" meaning "ooooo you son of B" Southerners being polite.Lol.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

Here is my list of things for Vika to do and experience once she gets here.

Load the dishwasher.

Teach her the proper way to load and start the washing machine and dryer.

I have to find vacuum cleaner instructions in Russian. (maybe David can help)

Her first solo trip to the store to pick up another 12 pack.

Teach her what road kill is still good and what to leave for the vultures.

Fit her for golf shoes. That way when she is out washing my truck in the winter, she does not slip on the ice and hurt herself.

How to add new line to the weedeater when it runs out. I don't need her interupting my quality time (beer drinking) with the boys.

The difference between interior and exterior paint. I don't want her wasting her time.

JUST KIDDING. I am a whipped man. Trust me. She will rule the roost once she is her. I will take her to Wally World, that is the best zoo in the US. I am sure her opinion of America will drop drastically once she experiences a Saturday afternoon in one of those stores. It might make her think she got the "pick of the litter" when it came to me. Victoria's Secret is one place we will frequent. I do not mind that shopping. She actually still believes that lingerie shopping is for her. I don't know how I've been able to perpetuate that lie for so long. I'm not looking forward to the day she wisens up on that one.

Seriously, the Outer Banks, Orlando theme parks, Smoky Mountains, Biltmore Estate, downtown Nashville (Crazy Horse, Buffaloe Billiards, and all of the other bars), colonial Williamsburg, VA, just in the first few weeks. Trips to Dominican Republic, Cancun, Caymans, will have to wait for her AOS.

Timeline

Lol, I knew i count on you for that one. Yes, the victoria secret thing has started now with Anna shopping online. God help us once she is here.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

Lol, Mall of Georgia will be a eye opening experience for Anna. I think life here in Genaral will be. Anna is amazed that we order off internet and everything comes that is supposed to. I have to argee with Walmart. I go there now and sit and watch. Cheaper than cable. Lol. David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

This is Ukranian specific, but it might apply for some other countries. I have told Vika to forget everything she has learned about driving. I call it combat driving in Kyiv and Kharkov. I have had to explain to her the signs and the lines on the roads in the US are not merely suggestions, but are there for a reason. I explained to her that it is kinder, gentler driving in the US. It will be interesting to say the least. My thinning hair on top is going to leave me for sure. I will probably age 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lol, that is Classic man!!!!! I wish you had a photo of her on the lawn mower!!!! Wow!!! so cool. David

Don't laugh, I have the same thing planned. My fiancee has driven nothing with a motor so she has to start somewhere, so next month when she gets here she'll be driving around the neighborhood on the lawn tractor also. My fiancee is almost 4'10 so I have to see about the pedals. I am from the Philly area so there is plenty to see and do here and I about 2 hours from New York City and about 3 hours to DC. At this point I don't have anything specific planned, it will take a about a week to recover from jet lag and she wants her wedding in June so we'll see. It is a great topic though.

Cary and Jim

Timeline

lol, Anna has not driven every as well but she is 5'7. Do not have a riding lawn mower i guess she goes straight to the real thing. David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

Would it be sexist to start her out on a mower. LOL. I figure a push mower to begin with.

Actually I will let Vika start out with a boat and a 4 wheeler first. Then I will take her to hunt camp and let her drive my truck on the fields. Worst thing she can do there is kill some tobacco, cotton, or corn. We did joke over New Years about what kind of car she wanted once she got here. We were looking at SUV's and a few other western style cars on the street outside of the restaurant. She then said "Astin Martin." I told her she needed a different boyfriend for that one. Her mother then fell out laughing. I have actually told Vika I will get her whatever style she decides on, it will be nice, but not new. I am sure that she will do some body work to it. When she is working and has some experience of how not to play bumper tag, then she can get her "pimped out ride." I am thinking an SUV. Vika is 5'9", (with legs from the ground to her #######), so I do not think she would like something low to the ground. My hairline is receding even thinking about this.

Timeline

David, how do you think they will do driving in their 4" heeled boots? I will probably suggest Vika stock up on a couple of extra pairs because you know she won't be able to get the quality she desires over here. I must have been to twenty shops last September looking at winter boots before she finally found the one she liked. Gotta love the high heels though.

Timeline

Well, you have to remember this will be my second "Ukrainian Lady" i have taught to drive. They adapt very quickly. First time around "Natasha" was behind the wheel her third day here.

With in two weeks she passed her exam. Anna i have a honda accord loaded with everything on it. I felt like it was a safe car for her and she would fit into handling int quickly. Down here in Kingsbay it is not like driving in Atlanta for sure. Yes, I love the heels too for sure. I will meet you in Atlanta and show where to buy heels for her. lol.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.