Marvin Maricel

K-1 Visa Military

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in military and I live on military base at the barracks, my fiancee and I going to apply for k-1 visa, as I look at form I-129f and g-325a…

Form I-129F

Part A. Question # 2 I put my military address

Part B. Question # 14 address in the US where my fiancee intends to live I can’t put my military address because she can’t stay to the barracks. Now I’m thinking about to put my parents address in Arizona on Question # 14, can I put my parents address on Part A. Question # 2?

Part C. Question # 1 if you are serving overseas in the armed forces in the United States please answer the following: I presently reside or am stationed overseas and my current mailing address is:

I am not serving overseas I am stationed in san diego California can I still put PO Box as my mailing address on that question?

Form G-325A

Applicant’s residence last five years. List present address first.

If I put my parents address in Arizona on form I-129F questions # 2 and # 14, should I put my parents address as my present address on form G-325A? Or should I put my military address as my present address even though I put my parents address on form I-129F Questions # 2 and # 14?

Very respectful

Marvin Maricel

Timeline

There may be others that are better equipped to help you answer these questions.. But I want to make sure you are aware of the USCIS Help Line..

See below:

Members of the U.S. military and their families stationed around the world are now able to call U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for help with immigration services and benefits using a dedicated, toll-free telephone help line, 1-877-CIS-4MIL (1-877-247-4645).

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

On our forms, my husband used his mother's address for everything. Even after his deployment ended, it was easier and safer that way.

Hope this helps! :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Im in military and I live on military base at the barracks, my fiancee and I going to apply for k-1 visa, as I look at form I-129f and g-325a…

Form I-129F

Part A. Question # 2 I put my military address

Ok

Part B. Question # 14 address in the US where my fiancee intends to live I can't put my military address because she can't stay to the barracks. Now I'm thinking about to put my parents address in Arizona on Question # 14, can I put my parents address on Part A. Question # 2?

Where is she going to stay? at your parents? if not, you can put TBD and make a short note explaining why on a follow on sheet (similar to answering questions that are to long, note the question number and answer) - they have seen this before.

Part C. Question # 1 if you are serving overseas in the armed forces in the United States please answer the following: I presently reside or am stationed overseas and my current mailing address is:

I am not serving overseas I am stationed in san diego California can I still put PO Box as my mailing address on that question?

If your not living or residing overseas when your submitting the petition (and in the military), you do not have to fill this in.

Form G-325A

Applicant's residence last five years. List present address first.

If I put my parents address in Arizona on form I-129F questions # 2 and # 14, should I put my parents address as my present address on form G-325A? Or should I put my military address as my present address even though I put my parents address on form I-129F Questions # 2 and # 14?

Answer the question as asked, where you lived for the past 5 years. If you never lived at your parents address, you do not list it.

Very respectful

Marvin Maricel

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

this is what i'm going to do

Form I-129F

Part A. Question # 2 my parents address

Part B. Question # 14 since she can't stay with me i will put my parents address and she'll stay with my parents until we get married

Form G-325A

i will put my military address as my present address

is that good enough? guys?

V/R

Marvin Maricel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! My fiance and I have the EXACT same problem, except he is currently deployed, but posted to NY, with an address in MI.

His address for everything we put in MI, it's where his mom lives and where his vehicle is registered and bills are mailed... and on his military docs he has it as his 'home of record'.

As for question number 14, I was advised to provide a supplemental form and stated that since he is single and in the barracks he cannot provide an address where we will live, but once married he will receive living expenses and at that time WE can live on post. They understand that.

Residence history on the G325A we put his address in MI followed by his address in NY until present.

We were originally going to file through VCS, but since technically his home is MI but living in NY we're going through CSC. I'll let you know how it goes! I hope all the info isn't too confusing to them.

PS: My fiance called that helpline and the info they provided him was incorrect... really disappointing. I hope you have better luck.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

this is what i'm going to do

Form I-129F

Part A. Question # 2 my parents address

Part B. Question # 14 since she can't stay with me i will put my parents address and she'll stay with my parents until we get married

Form G-325A

i will put my military address as my present address

is that good enough? guys?

V/R

Marvin Maricel

good.gif

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Hey! My fiance and I have the EXACT same problem, except he is currently deployed, but posted to NY, with an address in MI.

His address for everything we put in MI, it's where his mom lives and where his vehicle is registered and bills are mailed... and on his military docs he has it as his 'home of record'.

As for question number 14, I was advised to provide a supplemental form and stated that since he is single and in the barracks he cannot provide an address where we will live, but once married he will receive living expenses and at that time WE can live on post. They understand that.

Residence history on the G325A we put his address in MI followed by his address in NY until present.

We were originally going to file through VCS, but since technically his home is MI but living in NY we're going through CSC. I'll let you know how it goes! I hope all the info isn't too confusing to them.

PS: My fiance called that helpline and the info they provided him was incorrect... really disappointing. I hope you have better luck.

Tater

Can you tell me exactly how you guys did it on question 14 with supplemental form?

Did you guys put the address on question 14 or did you guys put see supplemental?

Did you guys use PO Box?

Thank You

V/R

Marvin Maricel

Timeline

Did you guys use your Fiance's mom's address as a mailing address?

Edited by Marvin Maricel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance is about to finish his training, and we don't know yet where he will be stationed. So when we filed I-129F in January, we put his 'home of record' address everywhere, and put his training name and address as the most recent employer... Military help line was not too helpful in our case either - the information was not quite accurate, and it seemed like they didn't know what to answer to simple questions and had to check with somebody else before giving any information.

Timeline

Tater

Can you tell me exactly how you guys did it on question 14 with supplemental form?

Did you guys put the address on question 14 or did you guys put see supplemental?

Did you guys use PO Box?

Thank You

V/R

Marvin Maricel

We put under address for #14 "See supplemental form page five" and then for city we put Fort Drum, state NY. The fifth page of the package, supplemental form page five we wrote out the question again and stated as a single man in the army he is provided a dorm within the barracks. Once married he can apply for living assistance, but can only do so with the marriage license in hand, and thus we cannot get a marriage license until I am legally able to enter the country on my visa to marry him. But worded a lot better :P

His 'home on record' is in MI, so we put that address for his home address, his mom lives there. Residential history ends with NY because from there he went on tour to Iraq, and it was the last place he did live. Under the military section he put his APO AE address.

So hopefully that won't be too confusing for them, BUT it is our situation and it is what it is. We have nothing to hide and nothing to stop our case, it's just a matter of luck now that we get someone who can pass it along quickly.

We also requested on our cover letter that it be expedited as we got engaged last summer but couldn't marry because of both of our deployments and are now starting it since he have an idea when he will be back.

I'll keep you posted, if we hear of anything that needs to be fixed I'll let you know.

T

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

Timeline

My fiance is about to finish his training, and we don't know yet where he will be stationed. So when we filed I-129F in January, we put his 'home of record' address everywhere, and put his training name and address as the most recent employer... Military help line was not too helpful in our case either - the information was not quite accurate, and it seemed like they didn't know what to answer to simple questions and had to check with somebody else before giving any information.

I agree. I wouldn't recommend any call them unless they are in a real pickle, and when they do call that they request to speak with a supervisor or something.

I wish there was a military members forum haha.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree. I wouldn't recommend any call them unless they are in a real pickle, and when they do call that they request to speak with a supervisor or something.

I wish there was a military members forum haha.

OMG Tater!!!!! much respect for both of you - for your service. Please stay safe. I wish there as military forum, too haha! All the best of luck for you guys with your process. And as for military help line - hey, maybe in your case it can be actually helpful: after you get NOA1 which should be soon - if your fiance calls USCIS himself (if he can do it from far away of course) - he can actually tell that he is deployed, and ask for expedited process. Because what you wrote in cover letter - they might not even read it before they actually get to your case in 5 month. You know? So maybe this way military help line can actually help you speed the process up...

When i called i also wanted to mention the poccibility of soon deployment, but they wouldn't talk to me - they needed my fiance present or calling them himself to talk about specific case situation :(

Timeline

OMG Tater!!!!! much respect for both of you - for your service. Please stay safe. I wish there as military forum, too haha! All the best of luck for you guys with your process. And as for military help line - hey, maybe in your case it can be actually helpful: after you get NOA1 which should be soon - if your fiance calls USCIS himself (if he can do it from far away of course) - he can actually tell that he is deployed, and ask for expedited process. Because what you wrote in cover letter - they might not even read it before they actually get to your case in 5 month. You know? So maybe this way military help line can actually help you speed the process up...

When i called i also wanted to mention the poccibility of soon deployment, but they wouldn't talk to me - they needed my fiance present or calling them himself to talk about specific case situation :(

The military helpline said the ONLY way to get it expedited is to write it in the cover letter and then you find out by how fast you're approved.... ya. My fiance called them from Iraq.

We are waiting for the NOA1 in the mail (I wish we'd get an electronic heads up), not sure if it'll get sent to his mom's or my address like we asked... but should be here this week. We will likely try calling again to request for expedite, we're really pushing for this. Because I just returned from my contracted tour I am not working, no point in busting my but for a job if I'm leaving in a few months anyways, and if I'm working we can't spend as much time together when he's back. He's my priority at the moment. We've already been forced apart over 7 months for touring and plus all the pre deployment training he had to leave for.

Thank you! My experience overseas is night and day compared to my fiance's. It was an amazing once and a lifetime experience. Many sad and hard days but it's what we're out there for. Working 7 days a week, living, eating and working with the same people in the sand and sun, and occasional flood. If my fiance were forced to do another tour I would go back in a heart beat. You don't need to be in the military to serve your country and the coalition =)

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.