DEDixon

Major Filipino Grocery Store Chain - Hiring Practices

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Local Filipino population less than 10 percent, store hires pretty much all Filipinos, discrimination? I seriously doubt other nationalities haven't applied.

10% is pretty high but then again you're on the West Coast I take it. We rarely see any Filipinos around here and my wife is frequently mistaken for being a Mexican.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not weird examples by any measure. BTW D, how do you know so much about being weird?

We live in an unfair world. And my concern is that you are beating your head against a brick wall worrying about it.

Deal with it, and just enjoy yourself.

ps,

I can hire anyone I want if I run a business, and you can't make me hire someone as a "token" who doesn't have the skills or appearance I need to have a successful business.

Peace.

i'm not beating my head against any wall... that would hurt. and i'm not worrying about it.

i'm fascinated though when i see reverse discrimination and blatant racism ignored. remember, it is supposed to be us evil white men who hire our own kind... we are supposed to be the only ones to even shut white women out when possible (our own kind...OMG!). anyway, we are the only ones, it seems to me, who get called on it.

i guess white man's excuse should be "we live in an unfair world" mother f'er, get over it, stop banging your head against the wall over it, stop worrying about it! LOL!

that is what Toyota should have said to Jesse Jackson when he complained that they didn't employ enough black people. get over it Jesse, dam man, chill out, it is an unfair world dude. peace out man! sheeddd..... deal with it and just enjoy yourself!

same to gay people that want to marry... stop worrying about it, stop banging your head against the wall.... deal with it and just enjoy yourself!

gays in the military... stop worrying about it, stop banging your head against the wall..... deal with it and just enjoy yourself!

tell me Hopp, when is is okay to complain about racism and discrimination? when you are a minority?

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

10% is pretty high but then again you're on the West Coast I take it. We rarely see any Filipinos around here and my wife is frequently mistaken for being a Mexican.

filipino population is less than 10 percent. i don't think it is anywhere near 10 percent so giving some lead way.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

I don't have problems with Filipinos being hired in Filipino supermarkets. I used to detest using Filipino, our national language, when I was in the PH [i love my native tongue Cebuano-Visayan] but whenever my husband and I go to Seafood City, I speak to the service crew in Filipino and it feels positively different. Moreover, Filipinos are more familiar with Philippine goods and products. For example, I may not find tamarind for my sinigang. It can be easier to ask a fellow Filipino for a tamarind substitute rather than face a clueless "white" who hasn't even known what sinigang is.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Timeline

it does require a college degree to teach.

Yes, and last time I was attending college I was the only person of color around. Everyone else was white.

Wait, no. That's not how it was at all :whistle:

Not. Even. Close.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

It can be easier to ask a fellow Filipino for a tamarind substitute rather than face a clueless "white" who hasn't even known what sinigang is.

[/font]

It really pisses me off when they have white people working at Indian takeout joints. There's a place near me that does that, it's right in the middle of a college so I can see why. But problem is you can't ask them ѕhit, they have no idea. Excuse me, can you turn that paneer-anda kati roll into a murg-anda kati roll? *Blank look* Umm could you get me your manager? White stoner dude says uh yeah.

It really pisses me off when they have white people working at Indian takeout joints. There's a place near me that does that, it's right in the middle of a college so I can see why. But problem is you can't ask them ѕhit, they have no idea. Excuse me, can you turn that paneer-anda kati roll into a murg-anda kati roll? *Blank look* Umm could you get me your manager? White stoner dude says uh yeah.

Indeed.

Wasn't I supposed to get a +1 from you then for making a point? :P

My husband told me that we are going to Edison tomorrow. He said it's an Indian town and there's one building where Indians reside exclusively. :lol: I don't know if that were true or he's just trying to be funny.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

My husband told me that we are going to Edison tomorrow. He said it's an Indian town and there's one building where Indians reside exclusively. :lol: I don't know if that were true or he's just trying to be funny.

It's about 20% Indian. There's an apartment complex called Hilltop which is all Indian. Most of the other apartment complexes are mostly Indian. I live about 15 minutes from Hilltop.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If it makes you feel any better, sex shops and gun stores are predominantly staffed by white people.

and how does aj know this? :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!