8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

what is your question?

They are currently working on September 1998 for the Philipines, so your number should come up soon.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

what is your question?

They are currently working on September 1998 for the Philipines, so your number should come up soon.

i have 2 kids and want them to be with me to US. If they go with me, can they go back immidiately to continue their studies here in the philippines. My eldest is already in highshcool while the other one is a preparatory. My youngest is 4 years old. Would they be granted a permit to study by United States to continue their studies here in the philippines. Financial reason is why i wanted them to finish their studies here.

im not married but have a girlfriend and we live together. Do you think my visa would be denied if i tell the intervirewer that we live together though we are not married?

I Badly need your advice.

More Power!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They don't care who you live with, other than she won't be able to get a visa as your girlfriend.

How long do you want your kids to continue studying abroad? Re-entry permits are usually only valid for two years.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

i have 2 kids and want them to be with me to US. If they go with me, can they go back immidiately to continue their studies here in the philippines. My eldest is already in highshcool while the other one is a preparatory. My youngest is 4 years old. Would they be granted a permit to study by United States to continue their studies here in the philippines. Financial reason is why i wanted them to finish their studies here.

im not married but have a girlfriend and we live together. Do you think my visa would be denied if i tell the intervirewer that we live together though we are not married?

I Badly need your advice.

More Power!

If you are the F2, why would information about a girlfriend be of importance, aren't you trying to migrate to the US. The GC cannot be used as a visitor visa for the children, they will have to maintain residence in the US to be able to maintain their GC aswell.

Something doesn't seem right with this senario, but I can put my finger on it right now.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you are not married, there will be no problem with the embassy.

You have a lot of options here :

1. Bring your 2 sons here and apply for re entry permit so that they can go back to the Phils. to study.

Cons : Re entry permit only last for 2 years and Immigration at the airport might question your 2 sons and get a warning for staying that long, away from US shores.

2. Leave the 2 kids behind.

Cons: You said that your eldest is in high school. Petitioning them will take about 3-5 years. Your eldest might be over age at that time. He will be classified from F2A to F2B. You know how long the waiting time for F2B, right?

3. Immigrate with your eldest and leave your youngest with his/her mom. After you get your green card, go back to Phils and marry your GF. Petition them (both your youngest and GF) immediately. The waiting time is 3-5 years. At least, you might have a stable job at that time and can support your family. This is what I did. I leave my GF and my daughter in the Phils, go back again after I received my Green Card to marry my gf. As soon as I arrived in the US, I petition them right away. You can see my journey below.

PM me if you still have questions in your mind. Goodluck.

My Journey

Oct 21,1997: Priority Date F2B

May 25,2009: POE LAX

Aug 29,2009: Wedding in PI

F2A for Wife and Daughter

I-130 Track

Feb 04,2010: I-130 Sent

Feb 07,2010: I-130 Received by USCIS

Feb 12,2010: NOA1

Aug 13,2010: Case Touched

Aug 14,2010: Case Touched

Aug 19,2010: Case Touched

Aug 30,2010: Case Approved

Sept 2,2010: NOA2 Received

Sept 15,2010:NVC assigned Case No.

Sept 22,2010:Received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032. Paid AOS fee online.

Oct 05, 2010:Paid IV Fee Bill online.

Oct 25, 2010:Send package IV to NVC

Oct 27, 2010:NVC Received Package IV

Oct 28, 2010:Send AOS to NVC

Nov 01, 2010:NVC received AOS

Nov 22, 2010:Case Complete

Interview Date : July 17,2012. Passed Interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you are not married, there will be no problem with the embassy.

You have a lot of options here :

1. Bring your 2 sons here and apply for re entry permit so that they can go back to the Phils. to study.

Cons : Re entry permit only last for 2 years and Immigration at the airport might question your 2 sons and get a warning for staying that long, away from US shores.

2. Leave the 2 kids behind.

Cons: You said that your eldest is in high school. Petitioning them will take about 3-5 years. Your eldest might be over age at that time. He will be classified from F2A to F2B. You know how long the waiting time for F2B, right?

3. Immigrate with your eldest and leave your youngest with his/her mom. After you get your green card, go back to Phils and marry your GF. Petition them (both your youngest and GF) immediately. The waiting time is 3-5 years. At least, you might have a stable job at that time and can support your family. This is what I did. I leave my GF and my daughter in the Phils, go back again after I received my Green Card to marry my gf. As soon as I arrived in the US, I petition them right away. You can see my journey below.

PM me if you still have questions in your mind. Goodluck.

thanks guys, Ekto's case is the same as mine so i agree with his suggestions

ekto, i prefer to have your suggestion no.3 At least my gf will not be bored once i left with my eldest child.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

thanks guys, Ekto's case is the same as mine so i agree with his suggestions

ekto, i prefer to have your suggestion no.3 At least my gf will not be bored once i left with my eldest child.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe your GF can come by student visa!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.