276 posts in this topic

I realize that this is about the Electronic Processing via the US Consulate in Guangzhou. I am hoping that my experiences here also will help others going through the same Consulate. Sorry if this is boring or mis-leading to others. :blink: But I am sure that any and all of you would do the same to get your wife here. The information provided to me has been very valuable and has assisted me in many ways. :D

Current we are awaiting our GZO number for electronic processing. And Darnel, Yes You are correct WAITING is a must for the GZO Number. I also took your advice and sent a few test emails.. All come out to about 20 Megs.. Only way to cut it down is to exclude some information and put into yet another email.. Such as in the subject line put case number - Part 1 or Part 2.. What do you think about that, or do you think 20 - 21 megs is ok? I asked this question to NVC, they did not seem to have an answer on that one.

Dan

No offense intended Dan.

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dan - some things for trimming , when creating pdf files -

1. don't need ALL the pages of the I-864. remove the instructions page in the front

2. print to pdf or save as 200 dpi. if that doesn't help - reduce to 75 dpi from the 'original scan'

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I realize that this is about the Electronic Processing via the US Consulate in Guangzhou.

To be clear(er)

Electronic Processing at NVC for a casefile bound to Guangzhou IV Unit.

The US Consulate in Guangzhou doesn't handle stuff for submittal whilst yer doing NVC Processing.

NVC does that.

The electronic casefile will be 'opened up' in Guangzhou IV unit from the SafeFile system, once NVC has finished all.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

To be clear(er)

Electronic Processing at NVC for a casefile bound to in Guangzhou IV Unit.

The US Consulate in Guangzhou doesn't handle stuff for submittal whilst yer doing NVC Processing.

NVC does that.

The electronic casefile will be 'opened up' in Guangzhou IV unit from the SafeFile system, once NVC has finished all.

I have also read on the NVC site today that NVC DOES NOT schedule the interview date. The US Consulate in Guangzhou does,, true? I realize that is what it "says" but you cannot believe everything you read.

Oh, Still No GZO number....... It was approved for Electronic filing on the 23rd. but as of today... 27th still not GZO Number. Called again and said it takes at least 3 - 5 days... sound right? I just think I will call everyday.... Keep pushing them..

Dan

Edited by Djwalker60

Timeline

Yes,No,Maybe,Absolutely not.

In the meantime - NVC Schedules Appointments for GUZ IV unit when the casefile is processed at NVC using Electronic Processing.

IF the casefile is NOT handled via NVC EP, GUZ IV sets the appointment.

Timeline

I have also read on the NVC site today that NVC DOES NOT schedule the interview date. The US Consulate in Guangzhou does,, true? I realize that is what it "says" but you cannot believe everything you read.

Oh, Still No GZO number....... It was approved for Electronic filing on the 23rd. but as of today... 27th still not GZO Number. Called again and said it takes at least 3 - 5 days... sound right? I just think I will call everyday.... Keep pushing them..

Dan

per your suggestions, since I have adobe acrobat professional I have an option to combine multiple PDF's into one file and then reduce the size. It should help. You think ok to take all three years of taxes and combine in to one file called "tax returns.pdf", and same for other files, such as pay stubs, tax transcripts. But I have only the 8 pages required for the I-864.. Should help..

Thanks again Dan

Timeline

yup, keep twiddling with the files till you find the 'sweet spot'.

Timeline

yup, keep twiddling with the files till you find the 'sweet spot'.

GZO Numbers received today.. so about 5 Calendar days after they converted the case to electronic filing.. Now I will be sending in all of the files by Friday. Then when the IV Fee shows Paid, I will send in all DS-230 and associated files. Then wait for the approval, then interview date.. Getting closer..

Dan

Timeline

GZO Numbers received today.. so about 5 Calendar days after they converted the case to electronic filing.. Now I will be sending in all of the files by Friday. Then when the IV Fee shows Paid, I will send in all DS-230 and associated files. Then wait for the approval, then interview date.. Getting closer..

OH NVC said this .. for anyone else going to Guangzhou or any other electronic processing.. NVC DOES SCHEDULE CASES INTERVIEW DATES FOR ELECTRONIC FILING...... ONLY. Standard cases sent via to the US Consulate are scheduled at the consulate level..

Sound right?

Dan

Timeline

Question: Or comment then question: NVC says I really do not need to send in a lot of paystubs, or all three years of W2 and tax returns / tax transcripts.. Should I listen to them? or just go ahead and email them three years of taxes, tax returns and W2 and employer letter? Just want to be sure I have all things

Dan

Timeline

NVC is wrong. GUZ IV wants 3 years o stuff. Sorry !

Timeline

OH NVC said this .. for anyone else going to Guangzhou or any other electronic processing.. NVC DOES SCHEDULE CASES INTERVIEW DATES FOR ELECTRONIC FILING...... ONLY. Standard cases sent via to the US Consulate are scheduled at the consulate level..

I'm happy NVC is vette-ing and verifying what I've said to you. There's a lesson there, right?

'via' -> 'via DHL'. Thank God yer not relying on DHL, or ye'd have another 4 months o waiting.

Dan

YAY !! Rock n Roll ! Time for jiaoxi !

Timeline

I'm happy NVC is vette-ing and verifying what I've said to you. There's a lesson there, right?

'via' -> 'via DHL'. Thank God yer not relying on DHL, or ye'd have another 4 months o waiting.

YAY !! Rock n Roll ! Time for jiaoxi !

Geez,, getting down to the end I think... Today I was unable to login using the GUZ number. I received a database error when trying to do so. Then I tried the new GZO number and it worked, along with the Invoice number. Now the IV Bill is showinng PAID. I guess at this point, I can email the NVC ALL Documents. I understand the I-864 and associated files. I believe I also understand the DS-230 and associated file. The associated files are those "civil" Documents, Correct?

• Marriage Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate Translation
  • Police Report
  • Police Report Translations
  • Birth Certificate
  • Birth Certificate translations
  • P3 Supplment Form
  • 2 - Passport size photographs
  • copy of the biograhpic page from passport
  • Document Cover Sheet from IV Receipt Page

Ok, I feel like i am missing something here.... AM I ?

I hope to get both I-864 and the DS-230 Out by Friday Night..

Dan

Timeline

Dan - re - civil documents - translations -

Do you have White Books for police report, marriage certificate, birth certificate? IF SO - no need to 'add in ' the originals - as a certified copy of the original is inside each white book.

If you don't have white books, yup - by all means, include 'original' plus the translation.

Very cool for IV bill 'paid status'. I think yer lucky - in that NVC is seemingly 'back on track'. March and the first 3 weeks of April, was massive lag for this stuff, including EP casefiles.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.