Jared and May

Interview Passed.. but lost medical?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I got the heads up that Milagros passed her interview, but the embassy lost her medical report. They saw in the system that they received it on 3/31 but couldn't find it.. (not even 2 weeks later)

So she passed, paid a fee to have it mailed to her..

She said that they would call her with an update on it, and she plans to nag them until they close this all out..

Has anyone else been through this before? I'm super happy but a little confused, all at once.. :rofl:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

So I got the heads up that Milagros passed her interview, but the embassy lost her medical report. They saw in the system that they received it on 3/31 but couldn't find it.. (not even 2 weeks later)

She said that they would call her with an update on it, and she plans to nag them until they close this all out..

Has anyone else been through this before? I'm super happy but a little confused, all at once.. :rofl:

I've never heard of that but "sh!t happens". May take awhile to straighten out.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I hope they didnt lose Mhay's medical...she did hers back in feb.

I would just keep on nagging them until they find it.

But Congrats anyway!! The biggest part is over...now if the embassy can get their act together :bonk::thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Mhay will have to take her vaccination records to the interview....she had to go in march to do her vaccinations...they gave her an envelope to give to the embassy.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Congratz for passing the medical and the interview! :star:

As for lost documents...been there...done that.

My wife interviewed on a Monday. She submitted one final needed document on Thursday. After that, we thought all we had to do was wait for the visa. No such luck. Friday morning a USEM case worker woke up my wife with a phone call from the USEM. The news? Case worker #1 told my wife that Case worker #2 had "misplaced" my I-134, as well as all of my financial documents...and he wanted my wife submit a new set of documents...and he wanted originals. :bonk::angry:

When I heard the news, I called the Immigrant Section of the USEM directly and talked to case worker #2. Case worker #2 was our actual case worker, and was the guy who lost our documents. :bonk::angry::bonk:

Case worker #2 admitted that he lost all of my financial documents, and he said that my wife would not have to submit another set of documents. He also said that he would talk to the consul officer in order to expedite the visa.

My wife didn't trust either case worker and, that very day, she went back to the USEM, talked her way into the Embassy, and submitted copies of my financial documents (even though they don't do any interviews nor other visa work on Fridays).

She received her visa the following Wednesday or Thursday. :star:

As it turned out, all of my original financial documents, as well as the copies my wife submitted that Friday, were inside the brown envelope that came with her visa. Apparently the case workers searched around their desk enough to find my documents.

I wonder if you guys have the same case worker that we had. :blink:

The squeaky gets the grease!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone else been through this before? I'm super happy but a little confused, all at once.. rofl.gif

I've heard of the same story as you, here in VJ too. The embassy was able to find out the medical though but it caused them 1 month delay. You and Milagros should keep on following it up, most especially you because u are the USC.

Nonet and Mario's Timeline

4/05/09 - The first time Mario saw me.

4/06/09 - The day we were introduced to each other.

6/23/09 - We were officially a couple.

10/06/09 - He visited me in Manila.

10/12/09 - His birthday! He proposed to me at Italliannis Gateway Mall

10/18/09 - He went back to Hawaii : (

11/02/09 - We filed I-129F

11/03/09 - NOA1 touched

11/07/09 - Hardcopy of NOA1

02/04/10 - Touch!

02/04/10 - NOA2 via email (happiest day!)

02/11/10 - Honey visited me again : )

02/24/10 - Honey needs to go back to HI yagain : (

03/02/10 - USEM Appointmient Letter receive

03/08-09/10 - Medical Exam (PASSED!) Thank you Lord!

04/05/10 - Interview date... PASSED! Thank you again Lord!

04/08/10 - Visa Received! Thank you, thank you, thanytpk you Lord!

AOS/EAD

05/16/10 - Wedding day!

06/08/10 - AOS sent

06/11/10 - receipt date

06/17/10 - touch

06/18/10 - NOA hard copy received

06/21/10 - touch!

06/24/10 - Biometrics letter received, will be on July 13

06/25/10 - Did walk-in bio at Ala Moana ASC

06/28/10 - touch

08/13/10 - EAD ordered

08/16/10 - touch on EAD

08/18/10 - 2nd EAD production ordered

08/19/10 - touch

08/24/10 - EAD email notification sent

08/26/10 - EAD card received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats on the interview.

Sorry about the lost medical. Hopefully, they can locate it soon and this won't cause you a huge delay.

Good luck!

If I were you, I'd keep calling the Embassy till they are able to locate your medical.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words...

@Johnny - she did bring the CD but that's not enough. It would have been better had Milagros requested to bring the St Luke's results with her to the embassy (+ her passport) so there's 0 change of anything being lost enroute.

@rionet - thanks I think I'm going to give them Tuesday to look for it, and call them back on Wednesday to find out what in the world happened. I agree, it seems like they are more helpful to the USC as they didn't let her schedule the interview, but they let me.

@Tahoma - you can be there's going to be a lot of squeaking coming from me.. :rofl:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
30-Nov "Touched again"
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

@Tahoma - you can bet there's going to be a lot of squeaking coming from me.. :rofl:

:thumbs:

To reach the immigrant section of the USEM, where your bumbling case worker's desk is located, call 011-63-2-301-2000 extension 5184 or 5185. I hope you give your case worker a sermon until his nose bleeds for losing your sweetheart's medical. Make sure you get him to expedite your visa. Then, follow up...always follow up.

Good luck! :star:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on the visa approval and I hope that your lost medical papers would get resolved pretty soon :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on the visa approval and I hope that your lost medical papers would get resolved pretty soon :star:

Better call St. Luke and let them know that the embassy said they lost the medical records of ur gf and after you call them you call the embassy and tell them that what St. Luke told you... In my case I was approved but took so long with my NSO what we did was I let my hubby call them because they entertain and give update and they r nice to the petitioner. My hubby call the NSO and Embassy everyday and annoyed them and they will give you update so you will stop calling them and it works... LOL...

Timeline

Better call St. Luke and let them know that the embassy said they lost the medical records of ur gf and after you call them you call the embassy and tell them that what St. Luke told you... In my case I was approved but took so long with my NSO what we did was I let my hubby call them because they entertain and give update and they r nice to the petitioner. My hubby call the NSO and Embassy everyday and annoyed them and they will give you update so you will stop calling them and it works... LOL...

Thanks I spent a half hour yesterday on the phone to receive no real update, but I could tell the call agent wasn't too happy with how long I kept her on the phone.. At the end, I told her I'd speak with her again tomorrow to get an update.. :rofl:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
30-Nov "Touched again"
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

Timeline

I love the Manila embassy.. Suddenly they found her medical & passport today and will be expediting the approval. It should be all set today and sent out tomorrow.

Tahoma, cheers to you for the direct line.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
30-Nov "Touched again"
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.