Rob and Jill

K-1- NOA2 approval wait?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

OK OK OK.

Before you all start lecturing me to be patient, understand that I am very patient about this process. However, as a co-worker of mine put it, "If you didn't have bad luck Jill you wouldn't have any". HA! I of course have been keeping an eye on those who have similar timelines to me, and I am growing a TEENSY tiny bit concerned. There are a few people who applied at the same time as I did (but who are in a different service center), and people who applied a week or so before me in the same service center, and their NOA2's are already approved. I waited the filing time difference and then some, and I still haven't heard anything.

I am not in panic mode YET...

So, my question is, how long should I wait before worrying that something has happened to the application? You know, perhaps it has gone missing....or Gremlins ate it....or an employee was sneaking a late night smoke in the office and dropped his/er cigarette thereby burning only MY application to a crisp...You know, reasonable things that might have happened like those :whistle: LOL .

Edited by Rob and Jill

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

OK OK OK.

Before you all start lecturing me to be patient, understand that I am very patient about this process. However, as a co-worker of mine put it, "If you didn't have bad luck Jill you wouldn't have any". HA! I of course have been keeping an eye on those who have similar timelines to me, and I am growing a TEENSY tiny bit concerned. There are a few people who applied at the same time as I did (but who are in a different service center), and people who applied a week or so before me in the same service center, and their NOA2's are already approved. I waited the filing time difference and then some, and I still haven't heard anything.

So, my question is, how long should I wait before worrying that something has happened to the application? You know, perhaps it has gone missing....or Gremlins ate it....or an employee was sneaking a late night smoke in the office and dropped his/er cigarette thereby burning only MY application to a crisp...You know, reasonable things that might have happened like those :whistle: LOL .

Since you have no application pending yet, it's far too soon to worry about one. You DID file a petition though, so you can worry as soon as you want about a million things but until it's been over a hundred days from NOA1, there's little reason for concern and until it's been over 180 days, about all you CAN do is worry because no official inquiry can be made until then.

Fortunately, you'll probably get a very quick answer once an actual visa application is submitted.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I won't tell you to be patient, but I will say to not be concerned. Quite yet. You are still early in the game.

Of course, we don't know the specifics of your case, i.e. the quality of the packet sent, the substance of the evidence, etc. Not that this is the case, but you understand what I mean.

The VSC is exhibiting multiple-personalities at the moment. I submitted our petition in early January, and received my NOA2 at the end of March.

On the other hand, a few folks submitted months before me and are still awaiting word as to their fate.

Seeking the assistance of one's Senator has been a frequent topic of late. After a sufficient wait -- three months in my case --, it couldn't hurt to contact their office to make an inquiry. Worst case is they apologize for their inaction, best case is they take interest and push it through. But as it has been said before, one normally has to have a compelling reason for them to proceed. Otherwise, it gets lost amid the innumerable requests made each and every day.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline
Since you have no application pending yet, it's far too soon to worry about one

Ok, so no need to worry about the Gremlins or the smokers. 180 days is 6 months...If the average wait time for them now according to their website is 5 months from our area...then wouldn't it make sense if the NOA2 was not approved at 4-5 months, an inquiry would/could be made?

Of course, we don't know the specifics of your case, i.e. the quality of the packet sent, the substance of the evidence, etc. Not that this is the case, but you understand what I mean.

I have absolutely no worries that my packet is anything other than perfect. It was double/triple checked, table of contents to help my ####### retentiveness- type organized. I would be SHOCKED if we received an RFE for anything. There is nothing tricky about it for us. He's not from a high fraud country, we have evidence left and right that we've met in both countries, etc etc. Our application is pretty straight forward! :)

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-19-11- EAD Received

I know it can be frustrating but try not to focus on others dates except for very general guidelines. There is so much inconsistency, even within the same service centers, so try not to let it drive you batty! Your still well within the time frame.

When I filed our I-129F I fully expected to wait 5 months as the USCIS had posted at that time - so I was very pleasantly suprised when I retuned home from a visit to Vietnam and found our NOA2 in the mailbox at exactly 3 months!

After that the next three months blazed by and we were together again for the interview. Now getting ready to apply for AOS.

Keep the faith and Best Wishes!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok, so no need to worry about the Gremlins or the smokers. 180 days is 6 months...If the average wait time for them now according to their website is 5 months from our area...then wouldn't it make sense if the NOA2 was not approved at 4-5 months, an inquiry would/could be made?

Being a simple layman, I'd say that makes perfect sense to me.

I have absolutely no worries that my packet is anything other than perfect. It was double/triple checked, table of contents to help my ####### retentiveness- type organized. I would be SHOCKED if we received an RFE for anything. There is nothing tricky about it for us. He's not from a high fraud country, we have evidence left and right that we've met in both countries, etc etc. Our application is pretty straight forward!

I wasn't suggesting that it was done improperly, just that without personally having seen it there is little way for our third-party perspective to accurately read into it. We felt exactly the same way; poured over the petition for a month before sending it, just to be certain it was perfect. And would have also been shocked if it had churned up an RFE.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have absolutely no worries that my packet is anything other than perfect. It was double/triple checked, table of contents to help my ####### retentiveness- type organized. I would be SHOCKED if we received an RFE for anything. There is nothing tricky about it for us. He's not from a high fraud country, we have evidence left and right that we've met in both countries, etc etc. Our application is pretty straight forward! :)

See bold above. Of course it would make sense but the actual rule is 30 days past the current published 5 month standard. That's six months or 180 days.

My first point is that you filed a petition. You didn't apply for anything so if you worry, worry about petition approval not and application because there IS NO application yet, just a "petition". The reason I emphasis this is that far too many people here have been interchanging the terms for far too long. It causes a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thank you for your information on the amount of time.

I understand your point on the APPLICATION vs. the Petition. To play the Devil's Advocate here though... ;)

Main Entry: ap·pli·ca·tion

Pronunciation: \ˌa-plə-ˈkā-shən\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English applicacioun, from Latin application-, applicatio inclination, from applicare

Date: 15th century

1 : an act of applying: a (1) : an act of putting to use <application of new techniques> (2) : a use to which something is put <new applications for old remedies> (3) : a program (as a word processor or a spreadsheet) that performs one of the major tasks for which a computer is used b : an act of administering or superposing <application of paint to a house> c : assiduous attention <succeeds by application to her studies>

2 a : request, petition <an application for financial aid> b : a form used in making a request3 : the practical inference to be derived from a discourse (as a moral tale)

4 : a medicated or protective layer or material <an oily application for dry skin>

5 : capacity for practical use <words of varied application>

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

3-19-11- EAD Received

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm assuming you are the female US Citizen. If I'm wrong then please forgive me. I was very much like you. Every little thing freaked me out.

This is the fast part. The London embassy took FOREVER to open their mail, send out P3, open their mail, then schedule an appointment. Really it was all stuff that should have taken 2-3 days tops, but the London embassy can take 2-3 weeks for each of those tasks.

I advise you to get the police cert in hand soon if you can. Also look at all of the other UK requirements. Get some pictures of your last visit printed and ready to show at interview just in case. Get the US passport size photos next time you are around somewhere that offers that service. Also, call IRS and get your tax transcripts so you can fill out the support documents you need to.

See the GP now and get the required shots sorted out. We had to get the last two shots here and then had to pay the civil surgeon to fill out a form. My husband tried to get the shots the week before the move and the GP did not have them in stock. They would have needed to order them in and it could have taken a week or two I suppose. It would have been better if my husband would have had all of his shots before he went to the visa medical.

Also, if your fiance has any health issues he can start working with the doctor now to get documentation that they will not be a problem.

Be prepared for the UK Citizen to travel to London TWICE! The first time Dave went he was able to make an afternoon appointment for the medical. He was able to take the train and get there on time and then catch the train back to Scotland. The second time he had to book a room and get to the embassy in the morning.

Hope that helps! Those were things that I wish I had known. I will PM you with more.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.