EddieLovesLiana

New Member!!! So far, faster than average time

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everybody,

My name is Eddie(petitioner)I am new here. I just mailed my I-129F petition on March 27. San Niguel Processing Center received it on March 29. They cashed my check on March 31 and I just received the hard copy NOA1 today on April 2.

I am impressed how quickly it is going so far, faster than average. :thumbs:

My concern is: On question 18 on how I met my fiancee, I only put a brief description, I filled the size of the space allowed on the form itself. I read here that I should have put at least one page.

Will I get an RFE?

You see I met my fiancee through a marriage broker: Worldbestbrides.com affiliated with Khersongirls.com. So I also put the marriage agency information on question 19. I then attached letters of correspondence through the agency including letters of introduction. I hope that they can see that with all this evidence, it is sufficient. Of course I also sent them: 20 photos with me and my fiancee Liana

copies of every page of my passport with stamps at Kiev, Ukraine

Travel itinerary

cover letter

G-325A (petitioner and fiancee) each with passport style photos

I-129F

Certificate of Naturalization

$455

My other question is: Ukraine has it's own language but my fiancee always writes in Russian, She filled Question 16

in Russian, not Ukrainian. Is this a problem(RFE)?

Please give me your advice/opinions, especially if you have a Ukrainian fiance(e) too.

Thank you in advance,

Eddie and Liana

03/27/2010 - Mailed our I-129f

03/29/2010 - Notice date

04/02/2010 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

05/07/2010 - Touched

06/08/2010 - Touched again

06/09/2010 - Touched again, again...

06/09/2010 - NOA2 - WOOHOO!!!!!!!

06/14/2010 - NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

06/18/2010 - NVC received.

08/04/2010 - Medical appointment.

08/05/2010 - Visa Interview!!!! - Approved!!!

08/10/2010 - Visa received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My other question is: Ukraine has it's own language but my fiancee always writes in Russian, She filled Question 16

NO.

Stop by the regional forums. You will find better answers to a region specific questions there.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody,

My name is Eddie(petitioner)I am new here. I just mailed my I-129F petition on March 27. San Niguel Processing Center received it on March 29. They cashed my check on March 31 and I just received the hard copy NOA1 today on April 2.

My concern is: On question 18 on how I met my fiancee, I only put a brief description, I filled the size of the space allowed on the form itself. I read here that I should have put at least one page.

Will I get an RFE?

You see I met my fiancee through a marriage broker: Worldbestbrides.com affiliated with Khersongirls.com. So I also put the marriage agency information on question 19. I then attached letters of correspondence through the agency including letters of introduction. I hope that they can see that with all this evidence, it is sufficient. Of course I also sent them: 20 photos with me and my fiancee Liana

Travel itinerary

cover letter

I-129F

$455

Please give me your advice/opinions, especially if you have a Ukrainian fiance(e) too.

Thank you in advance,

Eddie and Liana

On Q 18 many people seem to want to write the entire love story... however, as many or more write a brief and accurate description (maybe a sentence or two). It is what I did.

Russian or Ukrainian... no issues

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello and welcome to VisaJourney,

Congratulations on embarking on your marriage adventure with your fiancee'. It should be interesting to see your postings in the future. Incidentally, the NOA-1 usually comes within the time frame you noted as it is basically a "receipt" stating that we have your petition and cashed your check. Let us know when you receive your NOA-2. I have not read a lot about the fiance/e'/marriage broker thing on Visa Journey. But, it seems that this might "raise some red flags" for the USCIS. They will be looking for the evidence of a "bona-fide" relationship, etc. Anyway, good luck and we're here for you if you have additional questions. And, I'm sure you will! No one can tell you "if you will get a RFE" because every case is different. Everything is dependent on who is reviewing your petition and what they want to see from you. Just curious....how many times have you visited your fiancee' in the Ukraine? The reason I ask is because your situation seems to imply a "financial arrangement" by using the marriage broker. I'm sure you will get some additional responses to your posting...these were my thoughts on the matter.

Best Wishes, :thumbs:

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Timeline

Hello everybody,

Will I get an RFE?

Travel itinerary

cover letter

I-129F

$455

Thank you in advance,

Eddie and Liana

A brief desceription is all you need. Ukrainian and Russian are both used by the consulate in Kiev. Using Russian is not a problem. At the consulate when she has her interview, she can choose Russian as the interview language if she wants. MANY Ukrainians speak Russian

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Generally - just answer the questions as briefly as possible and you will be fine. They will ask if they have more questions, and they usually do not. USCIS and consular see similar stories all the time. Good luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

The reason I ask is because your situation seems to imply a "financial arrangement" by using the marriage broker. I'm sure you will get some additional responses to your posting...these were my thoughts on the matter.

Please..... nothing in the OP's post would imply anything like that...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Please..... nothing in the OP's post would imply anything like that...

Ummm...I disagree. Obviously he has some concerns about this or he would not have written: "My concern is: On question 18 on how I met my fiancee, I only put a brief description, I filled the size of the space allowed on the form itself. I read here that I should have put at least one page.

Will I get an RFE? You see I met my fiancee through a marriage broker: Worldbestbrides.com affiliated with Khersongirls.com. So I also put the marriage agency information..."

Please read the Definition: "International Marriage Broker” is defined as an entity (whether or not U.S.-based) that charges fees for providing matchmaking services or social referrals between U.S. citizens/permanent residents and foreign nationals.

What have you read about "arranged marriages" or "mail-order brides," etc. What I have read indicates that there is a problem with this type of activity and it does raise concerns (red flags) during the process. We're all trying to help one another in this forum so I answered his question/concern to the best of my ability. So, we will see what happens during his VisaJourney in the future.

Best Wishes to you payxibka,

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Timeline

Ummm...I disagree. Obviously he has some concerns about this or he would not have written: "My concern is: On question 18 on how I met my fiancee, I only put a brief description, I filled the size of the space allowed on the form itself. I read here that I should have put at least one page.

Will I get an RFE? You see I met my fiancee through a marriage broker: Worldbestbrides.com affiliated with Khersongirls.com. So I also put the marriage agency information..."

Please read the Definition: "International Marriage Broker” is defined as an entity (whether or not U.S.-based) that charges fees for providing matchmaking services or social referrals between U.S. citizens/permanent residents and foreign nationals.

What have you read about "arranged marriages" or "mail-order brides," etc. What I have read indicates that there is a problem with this type of activity and it does raise concerns (red flags) during the process. We're all trying to help one another in this forum so I answered his question/concern to the best of my ability. So, we will see what happens during his VisaJourney in the future.

Franc

The use of an IMB does not automatically infer a "FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENT".... I know what an IMB is so I do not need to read the definition. I can speak to this point from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE... I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that the use of an IMB is NBD in the eyes of the USCIS, as well as the consulate in Kiev. So unless you have other important information that actually adds to the conversation or personal experience with an IMB or the consulate in Kiev......

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you everyone,

I am so happy that VJ exists. I originally was going to pay someone with experience to do my I-129F. Now that I have found VJ, I feel that I am not alone and I can do all of this by myself with all your help.

B-)

03/27/2010 - Mailed our I-129f

03/29/2010 - Notice date

04/02/2010 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

05/07/2010 - Touched

06/08/2010 - Touched again

06/09/2010 - Touched again, again...

06/09/2010 - NOA2 - WOOHOO!!!!!!!

06/14/2010 - NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

06/18/2010 - NVC received.

08/04/2010 - Medical appointment.

08/05/2010 - Visa Interview!!!! - Approved!!!

08/10/2010 - Visa received in mail

Thank you everyone,

I am so happy that VJ exists. I originally was going to pay someone with experience to do my I-129F. Now that I have found VJ, I feel that I am not alone and I can do all of this by myself with all your help.

B-)

You are correct! About 75% of this you can do without help. The other 25% requires your SO (like the medical exam :lol: ). Don't sweat it, Ukraine is easy compared to other places - you will do fine. IMBRA is not designed to slow you down unless you have multiple petitions or have been convicted of something.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Hello and welcome to VisaJourney,

Congratulations on embarking on your marriage adventure with your fiancee'. It should be interesting to see your postings in the future. Incidentally, the NOA-1 usually comes within the time frame you noted as it is basically a "receipt" stating that we have your petition and cashed your check. Let us know when you receive your NOA-2. I have not read a lot about the fiance/e'/marriage broker thing on Visa Journey. But, it seems that this might "raise some red flags" for the USCIS. They will be looking for the evidence of a "bona-fide" relationship, etc. Anyway, good luck and we're here for you if you have additional questions. And, I'm sure you will! No one can tell you "if you will get a RFE" because every case is different. Everything is dependent on who is reviewing your petition and what they want to see from you. Just curious....how many times have you visited your fiancee' in the Ukraine? The reason I ask is because your situation seems to imply a "financial arrangement" by using the marriage broker. I'm sure you will get some additional responses to your posting...these were my thoughts on the matter.

Best Wishes, :thumbs:

Franc

Your thoughts are rather, well, thoughtless. USCIS does not care, during the petition process about legitimate relationships and at no time in the petition process is it requested to demostrate any legitimacy of relationship. None. Ever. That will be determined by the consulate when the visa is issued and later by USCIS for the AOS. It simply is not a factor in the petition phase.

USCIS concerns itself during the petition process with determining if the applicants are qualified for a PETITION. Basically...1. US Citizen Petitioner. 2. Free to marry. 3. Have met in person at least one time in the last two years. That is all. It means he needs to demonstrate he has met his fiance in person at least one time, anywhere, anyplace, in the last two years. I did not meet my Ukrainian wife in Ukraine (NOT "the Ukraine") initially and that is the meeting I described to USCIS in two sentences in my petition. It so happens that I met with her many times before, during and after the process BUT I never described any but the first meeting, and only the first 1 minute of that meeting...that is perfectly sufficient for a petition.

NOTHING I read the OPs initial post here would indicate ANY red flags. Questions about IMB's have NOTHING to do with the legitimacy of the relationship.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Please read the Definition: "International Marriage Broker is defined as an entity (whether or not U.S.-based) that charges fees for providing matchmaking services or social referrals between U.S. citizens/permanent residents and foreign nationals.

Franc

Disagreeing only makes you wrong. Your choice. That the OP has concerns means nothing, he is inexperienced. Experienced people here have set his mind at ease. The other day a guy asked if it was a problem that his fiancee's mother had a different maiden name than his fiancee? So is that a potential problem? Because someone doesn't understand something and asks about it means they didn't understand and asked about it, not that asking makes a problem. Good grief. :blink:

The purpose of public forums is so experienced people can correct incorrect information to people asking questions. The use of a marriage broker infers NO red flag on the petitioner in and of itself.

Nothing in what he has written would indicate any problems at USCIS or the consulate in Kiev.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hello everybody,

Will I get an RFE?

Travel itinerary

cover letter

I-129F

$455

Thank you in advance,

Eddie and Liana

Actually your post was so routine and normal I did not give it much in response, so to put your mind at ease on some issues (and not others)

1. So far your case is not going quickly, it is well withon the normal response of things. The government doesn't take long to cash checks. You hit the timing good on a batch of NOA1 letters, but that means nothing. The NOA1 is a receipt, nothing more. It means "We got your case and cashed your check and threw it in the stack with the others on (date)"

The NOA2 is what we look for

2. The sites you used are not international marriage brokers. They are so-called, in Ukraine, "marriage agencies" Ukrainians and Russians are not known for subtleties. We call them "dating websites" They do not meet the requirements for an IMB. That said, it hurts nothing that you mentioned their name and address. A very large number of US citizens with Russian/Ukrainian wives met them on internet sites. I didn;t, but no one ever asked either...ever. At any stage. Ever. Sometimes they ask probing questions in Kiev, like "So how did you meet your fiancee?" Usually not.

3. Brief descriptions are fine. Mine was two sentences and I attached ONE photo.

4. Most Ukrainians speak Russian. It is the native language of most Ukrainians. It is perfectly OK to use the Russian name and address as opposed to spelling it in Ukrainian

I no longer have a Ukrainian fiancee. Been there, done that. :hehe: She is now my wife, but we all went through this too. There s nothing better in the world than a sincere Ukrainian woman. You are one of the lucky men in the world.

Make sure you check out the RUB (Russia/Ukraine/Belarus) sub-forum down below on the forum list for the latest in weather, sports, pie, guns, hot women, spanking, news, patriotic disertations, communist indoctrination, racism, sexism, Russian marching music, superstitions (oh, you have a lot to learn)and celebrations of important FSU holidays. Oh yeah...and Canada bashing. :P

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.