theonlyone

help with filing the N400 form

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello everyone

I filed my N400 application and i got rejected twice because of the non-valid signature, this is what i got exactly in the notice of action:

A signature is not contained in the signature block of the application or petition. A signature in the "signature of person preparing this form, if other than above" block is not a valid signature for this purpose.

by the way in the first time i left part 12 blank since i'm the preparer and on the second time i put N/A for each box but i got rejected in both times. so i would appreciate any help about this issue.

thanks

hello everyone

I filed my N400 application and i got rejected twice because of the non-valid signature, this is what i got exactly in the notice of action:

A signature is not contained in the signature block of the application or petition. A signature in the "signature of person preparing this form, if other than above" block is not a valid signature for this purpose.

by the way in the first time i left part 12 blank since i'm the preparer and on the second time i put N/A for each box but i got rejected in both times. so i would appreciate any help about this issue.

thanks

Only sign in the part 11 - Your Signature. DO NOT fill out part 12 (as you did it yourself) - N/As included or 13.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

hello everyone

thanks

well i did leave part 12 blank already in my first attempt but i got it rejected

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you using blue or black ink? Some people find they get issues with using black ink. Maybe try using blue ink if you havent already.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

none actually since i type it up

that's the problem. you can type the whole thing, but you have to sign it with your signature, not type your name. print the form and later you sign it.

any form requesting your signature or signature of the preparer has to be signed in ink, with a pen. I believe I used blue and had no problemas. Today I got my fingerprints taken, very fast and straightforward.

leave part 12 blank, did you sign part 11 with a handwritten signature? for some reason, someone had a hard time comprehending that instruction recently....

for part 11 i typed my full name so do you think that i should sign it with a pen ?

that's the problem. you can type the whole thing, but you have to sign it with your signature, not type your name. print the form and later you sign it.

any form requesting your signature or signature of the preparer has to be signed in ink, with a pen. I believe I used blue and had no problemas. Today I got my fingerprints taken, very fast and straightforward.

good point but should i still leave part 12 blank?

for part 11 i typed my full name so do you think that i should sign it with a pen ?

Yes. Sign with a pen in part 11 using the signature you use to sign legal documents or your personal checks and leave part 12 blank. In part 12, I actually filled the "Preparer's Printed Name" with "N/A", everything else blank with no problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

yes, if you filled it out yourself. part 11 is your handwritten singnature.

if somebody else filled it out for your, the person signs part 12, you wouldn't sign since you didn't complete the form.

the only require the signature of the person who completed the form.

I signed part 11 and left the rest in blank.

yes, if you filled it out yourself. part 11 is your handwritten singnature.

if somebody else filled it out for your, the person signs part 12, you wouldn't sign since you didn't complete the form.

the only require the signature of the person who completed the form.

I signed part 11 and left the rest in blank.

got you:) thanks a lot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since I was the sponsoring USC and all the evidence we supplied also had my name on it, I filled out the N-400 and part 12 for my wife so my name would also be on the form. She proof read the form three times and signed part 11 exactly like her name was listed at the beginning of the form, first, middle, and last name.

Figured if we made any errors or omissions, we could both go to jail together, isn't that romantic? But they sure wouldn't let me partake in the evidence portion of her interview, even though all the evidence was also mine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.