I AM NOT THAT GUY

A Union Against The Fat Tax

49 posts in this topic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to meet a Dr that recommends sugar in the form delivered by soda. I quite agree that there are many processed foods that fit the box. Raw ingredients should be tax exempt - and cheese :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

I've yet to meet a Dr that recommends sugar in the form delivered by soda. I quite agree that there are many processed foods that fit the box. Raw ingredients should be tax exempt - and cheese :)

Sugar is sugar is sugar. The only difference is one configuration sticks to the teeth better than the other.

glucfruc.gif

Sugar is sugar is sugar. The only difference is one configuration sticks to the teeth better than the other.

glucfruc.gif

Not true, different sugars are metabolised differently, not to mention that soda delivers a higher dose of sugar than is recommended, particularly in drink format. Drinking sugar is not recommended by any nutritionist or Dr.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Not true, different sugars are metabolised differently, not to mention that soda delivers a higher dose of sugar than is recommended, particularly in drink format. Drinking sugar is not recommended by any nutritionist or Dr.

I just wish they would take corn fructose syrup out of our bread and milk.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

glucfruc.gif

There's a difference between complex and simple carbohydrates, Bill. Like I said - buy yourself a humming bird feeder and a box of straws. See how long you can last a diet of simple sugars.

Timeline

Was wondering about that too. I just checked my milk container and couldn't find any indication that it contains corn fructose syrup.

They put in in bottles of chocolate milk now. One sure way to stop the widespread use of HFCS is to end corn subsidies. What a fvckin racket that whole thing is.

I just wish they would take corn fructose syrup out of our bread and milk.

You need to take a trip to a Trader Joe. Non homogenized milk and bread without sweetness, well some of them anyway, yay!

They put in in bottles of chocolate milk now. One sure way to stop the widespread use of HFCS is to end corn subsidies. What a fvckin racket that whole thing is.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

In Peru, they make coca cola & Inka cola (their brand) with REAL sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. It tastes so much better.

I have to confess I buy real juice and everything, but nothing beats Kool Aid once in a while. Reminds me of when I was a kid. Oh & that uses real sugar too, a whole cup of it :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

In Peru, they make coca cola & Inka cola (their brand) with REAL sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. It tastes so much better.

I have to confess I buy real juice and everything, but nothing beats Kool Aid once in a while. Reminds me of when I was a kid. Oh & that uses real sugar too, a whole cup of it :lol:

Out here in So. Cal, you can go to many Mexican markets and restaurants and get bottled Coke from Mexico with real sugar. There definitely is a taste difference. HFCS make the soda more viscous.

I haven't made Kool-Aid in years, but we'd use less than the recommended amount of sugar.

Slightly sweetened, homemade ice tea is good alternative. From what I've read, even real fruit juice is not good for kids to be drinking a lot of. We buy apple and orange juice, but try to limit how much they drink.