And_Sam

Tuesday

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

I got a call from the hubby this morning and they finally gave him his release form from the military!!!

We are all set now and he will be here on the 16th of April!! :dance::dance:

Now I really have to get things prepared for him!!! :blink: Any advice???

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi And_S

Congrats Iam happy for you

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amman, Jordan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-02-06

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-26

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-07

NVC Received : 2008-01-05

NVC Left : 2008-02-1

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-04-29 Submit Review

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2007-11-08

Comments : case reaffirmed 02-01-2010

waiting for a phone call inshallah

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Your I-130 was approved in 275 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 448 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Timeline

Morning everyone! We are in for a very warm day today!! Will be 87 here...thank goodness it will cool down in the

next couple days!

Good to see you again Olivia! Any news on Graduate School? Happy to hear Waleed will be here SOON!!

Congratulations Andrea! Finally!!

Not much happening in our neck of the neighborhood. Wael is busy with his studies and work. He saw his first

bobcat the other evening!! We certainly have the critters roaming here. Have a family of javelinas that are fun

to watch. Momma, daddy and 3 little fat ones!! Hummingbirds are everywhere and doing their thing! Nature is

at our doorstep!

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful day!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

I got a call from the hubby this morning and they finally gave him his release form from the military!!!

Congrats Andrea! kicking.gif

kicking.gif Thats great Andrea! Have a wonderful reunion.

Welcome back Olivia rose.gif

luv.gif Thanks Jackie!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! Congrats And-Sam. Its starting to warm up here finally. Things are starting to look up around here too. I get to see my grandson next Monday. I am so excited!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Morning everyone! We are in for a very warm day today!! Will be 87 here...thank goodness it will cool down in the

next couple days!

Good to see you again Olivia! Any news on Graduate School? Happy to hear Waleed will be here SOON!!

Congratulations Andrea! Finally!!

Not much happening in our neck of the neighborhood. Wael is busy with his studies and work. He saw his first

bobcat the other evening!! We certainly have the critters roaming here. Have a family of javelinas that are fun

to watch. Momma, daddy and 3 little fat ones!! Hummingbirds are everywhere and doing their thing! Nature is

at our doorstep!

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful day!

Thanks Jeanne! We're both looking forward to it. I did hear back from graduate school. I was accepted to Boston University & University of Westminster in SLC and I wasn't accepted to Washington State University. They cited that they received an overwhelming number of qualified applicants and try again next year. Boston University and University of Westminster didn't offer me any type of research assistantship or teaching assistantship so it would be all student loans and at the out of state rates that's really expensive so I can't afford it. I could afford one year but not the full curriculum and I can't justify spending that type of money. The government has really cut a lot of funding to education and we're seeing the schools whittled to the bones. I could have afforded the out of state rates at Washington State University because they have a waiver for Idaho students. I could go but I have to send in my acceptance letter to study there and I think I'm going to wait another year. I realized later that I really want to study Middle East and Islamic Studies and that isn't at any of the Universities I've applied to. I'm still making up my mind and my mind tells me take a year or two break between school right now. Do more research into Graduate Schools and make some money. This isn't like starting a new chapter this is like starting a whole new book. I've got a Husband coming and need to take it easy. My family is in a tail spin because they expected me to go off to graduate school again and not stick around here and they're all pressuring me about finding a job everyday. Currently I'm looking for work. I've put in 44 applications since Dec. and only received 1 call back so far. I've revamped my resume about 10 times. This economy is grueling for the unemployed and newly graduated. People say that they get 200 applications for one job and have to sort it all out. Other people tell me I have to know someone to get an in on a job right now. Layoffs are still happening here and not many jobs are being created. I'm registered with the Department of Labor and other work sources. Everyday I'm applying for jobs. Everything is corporate and online now. It's not meeting face to face anymore. If I got to apply for a job they want me to do it online and it takes 4 hours. I have to register for their website and keep track of user ID's and passwords. They want cover letters so you'll stand out and you have to write one for each job you're applying to. Then there is no confirmation if they get all your information. It's super invasive the things they ask such as a list of places you've lived for the last seven years. Why do they need that? It really gets exhausting. Applying for graduate school is a lot like applying for a job these days.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Morning Mena! Congrats And-Sam. Its starting to warm up here finally. Things are starting to look up around here too. I get to see my grandson next Monday. I am so excited!!

Congrats Turia I'm happy for you!

Jeanne I forgot to say that the place you live sounds amazing. biggrin.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Thanks Jeanne! We're both looking forward to it. I did hear back from graduate school. I was accepted to Boston University & University of Westminster in SLC and I wasn't accepted to Washington State University. They cited that they received an overwhelming number of qualified applicants and try again next year. Boston University and University of Westminster didn't offer me any type of research assistantship or teaching assistantship so it would be all student loans and at the out of state rates that's really expensive so I can't afford it. I could afford one year but not the full curriculum and I can't justify spending that type of money. The government has really cut a lot of funding to education and we're seeing the schools whittled to the bones. I could have afforded the out of state rates at Washington State University because they have a waiver for Idaho students. I could go but I have to send in my acceptance letter to study there and I think I'm going to wait another year. I realized later that I really want to study Middle East and Islamic Studies and that isn't at any of the Universities I've applied to. I'm still making up my mind and my mind tells me take a year or two break between school right now. Do more research into Graduate Schools and make some money. This isn't like starting a new chapter this is like starting a whole new book. I've got a Husband coming and need to take it easy. My family is in a tail spin because they expected me to go off to graduate school again and not stick around here and they're all pressuring me about finding a job everyday. Currently I'm looking for work. I've put in 44 applications since Dec. and only received 1 call back so far. I've revamped my resume about 10 times. This economy is grueling for the unemployed and newly graduated. People say that they get 200 applications for one job and have to sort it all out. Other people tell me I have to know someone to get an in on a job right now. Layoffs are still happening here and not many jobs are being created. I'm registered with the Department of Labor and other work sources. Everyday I'm applying for jobs. Everything is corporate and online now. It's not meeting face to face anymore. If I got to apply for a job they want me to do it online and it takes 4 hours. I have to register for their website and keep track of user ID's and passwords. They want cover letters so you'll stand out and you have to write one for each job you're applying to. Then there is no confirmation if they get all your information. It's super invasive the things they ask such as a list of places you've lived for the last seven years. Why do they need that? It really gets exhausting. Applying for graduate school is a lot like applying for a job these days.

Times have changed so much for everything Olivia. Jobs are very non personal anymore. Whatever happened to "interviews"!!

I am always for change when it can help, but anymore things have become so complicated and overwhelming. One has to have

a PhD just to push the freakin' buttons on the phone when you need to call someone!! Don't let it get you down sweetie. Everything

takes time and there's always reasons for our decisions or decisions that are made for us.

I've learned to take one day at a time...enjoy that day...thank God for what I have...and things always fall into place. Sure beats

worrying and stressing over things we have absolutely no control over. Just take your time and enjoy your husband. You have waited

a long time. At least you will have him to help you thru and help in many of the decision makings.

Yes, Tucson can be a very interesting place to live. We live at the foothills of one of the 4 mountain ranges here. Many areas are still

underdeveloped which makes it feel like your own nature reserve! We get to experience all kinds of animals and birds....just simply beautiful.

Take care hon. You will be just fine.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Times have changed so much for everything Olivia. Jobs are very non personal anymore. Whatever happened to "interviews"!!

I am always for change when it can help, but anymore things have become so complicated and overwhelming. One has to have

a PhD just to push the freakin' buttons on the phone when you need to call someone!! Don't let it get you down sweetie. Everything

takes time and there's always reasons for our decisions or decisions that are made for us.

I've learned to take one day at a time...enjoy that day...thank God for what I have...and things always fall into place. Sure beats

worrying and stressing over things we have absolutely no control over. Just take your time and enjoy your husband. You have waited

a long time. At least you will have him to help you thru and help in many of the decision makings.

Yes, Tucson can be a very interesting place to live. We live at the foothills of one of the 4 mountain ranges here. Many areas are still

underdeveloped which makes it feel like your own nature reserve! We get to experience all kinds of animals and birds....just simply beautiful.

Take care hon. You will be just fine.

blush.gif Thanks hon! Not much has gone as planned for us so far. I agree there is a timing for everything and I really believe with what has happened that this time right now is supposed to be for us together and that is what's best. I've read stories about the first year here adjusting to each other and I guess we're going to see. On to the next adventure! tongue.gif Where you live does sound really lovely.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

Oh, that is really exciting ! Congratulations :dance:

The weather here is beautiful and as usual, I am stuck inside. It is ok. I am taking a break and going to the movies this afternoon. We are going to the Bounty hunter. I hope it is good.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

Congratulation :dance:

06/29/2006-Met online(skype), start talking every day(5-6 hours a day)

07/01/2006 became bf & gf.

12/29/2006-flew to Egypt, met for the first time(happy time

01/06/2007-got married

01/15/2007- Flew back to Chicago(sad)

02/?/2007- hubby applied for Egyptian military

06/04/2007-2nd trip to see my love

06/07/2007-our honey moon in Sharm(7 amazing days)

06/19/2007-supposed to go back to USA, but called sick at work and got 12 more extra days.

08/?/2007- my honey went to serve for 2 years & 2 months(very-very sad)

01/30/2008-3rd trip to Egypt

02/20/2008-flew back

12/03/2008-4th trip to see my love

12/20/2008-found out than i'm pregnant(surprised and happy)

01/09/2009-left Egypt

02/10/2009-sent CR-1/IR-1

02/11/2009-reseived at Chicago

02/17/2009-moved to California Service Center

02/17/2009-check cashed

02/19/2009-NOA1 resived my mail

02/19/2009-touched

03/04/2009-touched

03/19/2009-approved

03/24/2009-received approval letter

04/27/2009-paid fee $70.00 on line

10/19/2009-paid IV bill

10/20/2009-shows IV paid

10/23/2009-I-864 sent

10/26/2009 @11:25AM NVC received I-864

10/31/2009-hubby finally finished his military

now waiting for his DS-230, sent it to me 01/09/2010

01/28/2010-finally sent DS-230 today @ 2:55 pm

02/01/2010-delivered @ 11:33am

02/11/2010-email from NVC,need to send original marriage certificate(arabic) and original military records

03/18/2010-case completed

03/23/2010-case sent to Cairo

03/25/2010-reseived by AE

05/09/2010-interview @ 9am(approved)

05/10/2010-visa stamped, 05/17/2010-visa in a hand, 06/04/2010-flying to Chicago

Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

We are all set now and he will be here on the 16th of April!! :dance: :dance:

That's awesome news Andrea .

Have a wonderful reunion . And have a nice blessed new life with your hubby .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.