Mrs. B

I need help, please

7 posts in this topic

I am ready to file for naturalization (I completed the 3 years -minus the 90 days- on march 15). My problem is that I have 3 sons (16, 12, 10 yrs old), I did apply for their removal of conditions back on August 2009, I got the 16 yrs old non restriction green card and the 10 yrs old one before the end of the year.

After a lot of frustration and calls (and not 1 nor 2 BUT 3 biometrics appointments) the case of the 12 yrs old STILL in the air, nobody know why or how this happend (last time we called one of the women we talk to said that if I was the mother and I been approved -for removal of conditions- since more than a year now, she didnt understand why the 12 yrs old wasnt approved...

If someone has gone thru the same, I want to know if it is okay for me to submit the naturalization papers even if I dont have the approval/green card for my middle son. Or I should wait.

I am so frustrated...

thank you in advance.

According to Phoenix Processing office they will take 5 months to process, lets see if they keep their "promised schedule".. (hahaha yeah right)

08/02/2010 ... Send the paperwork to Phoenix, AZ

08/04/2010 ... Paperwork received at 9am

08/06/2010 ... Check cashed

08/10/2010 ... Touched

08/12/2010 ... NOA arrived (notice date: 08/06/2010; mailed on 08/09/2010)

09/04/2010 ... email: RFE sent on 09/03/2010 (biometrics?? hopefully waiting!)

09/08/2010 ... Touched. BIOMETRICS CAME TODAY! (notice date/mailed on: 09/03/2010; biometrics for 09/22/2010 at 11 a.m.)

.......................... Interview notice date: Oct 1, 2010

11/03/2010 ... Interview 11 am!! (PASSED!!!!)

12/30/2010 ... Oath notice (dated 12/22/2010, mailed on 12/29/2010) for 01/20/2011 at 8am!! FINALLY!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you apply for naturalization and are approved, your children will obtain citizenship by operation of law so go ahead and file your application.

Agree. Some people actually file for naturalisation while the ROC is pending and it forces their ROC to be processed first, so the naturalisation can... I know this doesn't relate to you but seeing your kids are reliant on you PERHAPS (I'm not saying it will) it will force that one along. At the very least they'll be USC's when you are.

Good luck :)

Agree. Some people actually file for naturalisation while the ROC is pending and it forces their ROC to be processed first, so the naturalisation can... I know this doesn't relate to you but seeing your kids are reliant on you PERHAPS (I'm not saying it will) it will force that one along. At the very least they'll be USC's when you are.

Good luck :)

I'm not familiar with filing for naturalization while an I-751 is pending, but my understanding is that it is allowed and that the immigration officer would need to request the I-751 file and that has to be processed before oath. Is that correct? This way the OP can get an immigration officer to find out what went wrong with OP's son's case. At any rate, do you think that an Infopass before filing would be a waste of time? Just curious.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm not familiar with filing for naturalization while an I-751 is pending, but my understanding is that it is allowed and that the immigration officer would need to request the I-751 file and that has to be processed before oath. Is that correct?

This way the OP can get an immigration officer to find out what went wrong with OP's son's case. At any rate, do you think that an Infopass before filing would be a waste of time? Just curious.

Yes, the I-751 needs to be processed first so that's very handy. it gets "fast-tracked" I suppose :)

An infopass certainly couldn't HURT but if it's something they're really worried about, and they are fine with travelling to the nearest infopass place then I probably would because it is very bizarre that it's still waiting... Perhaps at the infopass they could discuss their naturalisation and how it's about to be filed and see what they say about it... and also perhaps ask a few qns about whether their kids need the GC before they're able to get their naturalisation certificates (whether the pending application will do something "weird" with the inherited USC), and whether the pending application will affect their kids ROC and if it might speed it along.

Always better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, the I-751 needs to be processed first so that's very handy. it gets "fast-tracked" I suppose :)

An infopass certainly couldn't HURT but if it's something they're really worried about, and they are fine with travelling to the nearest infopass place then I probably would because it is very bizarre that it's still waiting... Perhaps at the infopass they could discuss their naturalisation and how it's about to be filed and see what they say about it... and also perhaps ask a few qns about whether their kids need the GC before they're able to get their naturalisation certificates (whether the pending application will do something "weird" with the inherited USC), and whether the pending application will affect their kids ROC and if it might speed it along.

Always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks V&T!!! :)

Filed: Other Timeline

If your I-751 was still in limbo, applying for N-400 would force the immigration people to get off their butts and in gear.

However, since it's your son's I-751 that's stuck for no good reason, it means NOTHING. The moment you become a USC, all of your 3 children become USCs automatically. Go ahead, file as soon as you feel like it.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.