Starlight95

What is internal processing at the consulate?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi folks,

I have been trying to get this answered for some time. But, due to my error I had put "what in internal processing"? (lol). So, I have correctly posted my question and hoping that someone can answer this for me. The latest is that the consulate emailed and informed us that they are waiting for the internal processing to clear before they contact him.

Star

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi folks,

I have been trying to get this answered for some time. But, due to my error I had put "what in internal processing"? (lol). So, I have correctly posted my question and hoping that someone can answer this for me. The latest is that the consulate emailed and informed us that they are waiting for the internal processing to clear before they contact him.

Star

It is my understanding that AP takes two forms:

1. name checks (done at different agencies in Washington) and
  2. case review/research done at the embassy level.

Usually the embassies don't tip their hands and let you know which pit your case has fallen into. In your case, it seems like they're wrapping things up at the local level. Although it seems to have been a long battle, it seems like things are going in your favor. :thumbs:

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Usually the embassies don't tip their hands and let you know which pit your case has fallen into. In your case, it seems like they're wrapping things up at the local level. Although it seems to have been a long battle, it seems like things are going in your favor. :thumbs:

Thank you so much for your response. At least this is a sign of relief. I hope that soon we both can rejoice together about our SO's visa. Today has been a a very difficult for me and your response really cheered me up. Thanks and wishing you a very speedy journey.

Star

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you so much for your response. At least this is a sign of relief. I hope that soon we both can rejoice together about our SO's visa. Today has been a a very difficult for me and your response really cheered me up. Thanks and wishing you a very speedy journey.

Star

internal processing means that they are either verifying documents that you submitted or the are investigating your relationship. There are other things it could be, but one thing is for sure...it's the embassy doing the checks and or investigations.

I hope they complete it soon and you are approved.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

AP can be initiated by the consulate or DHS/USCIS and is not uncommon with the country of orgin you indicate you are from.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.