magnus0201

I-751 sent, notice received

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sweetgirl .... let me make sure you understood what I said.

My wife said that they told her that she would have to come get the Biometrics done each year, up until the point that she actually becomes a citizen of the USA. She is not eligile to file for citizenship until 3 years after the date that her Permanent Residence Card is approved, so that means this yearly Biometric thing could go on the next 3 or 4 years.

I'll provide another update whenever we receive anything.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My wife said that they told her that she would have to come get the Biometrics done each year, up until the point that she actually becomes a citizen of the USA. She is not eligile to file for citizenship until 3 years after the date that her Permanent Residence Card is approved, so that means this yearly Biometric thing could go on the next 3 or 4 years.

There's a bit of terminology mixup.. "biometrics" is the fingerprinting (10 digit) + photogaphs, yes? Fingerprinting is just fingerprinting. A single digit fingerprint is required for production of the 10 year card. Since 10 year card production is changing (different for each SC too), maybe this is why she was pulled in for FP?

I've not heard or read anything about "biometrics" or fingerprinting being required every year for resident aliens---it sounds highly impractical to me! :yes:

It reads as if you may be confused about when your wife is eligible to apply for citizenship, too. She would normally be eligible one year after filing I-751---time as a Permanent Resident with conditions still counts toward natz eligibility (see my sig).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

They got the reply within 11 days of mailing the I-751 from the Texas Service Center. Does anyone have any information about the time between mailing and reception of the reply as it relates to the California Service Center in Laguna Niguel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
They got the reply within 11 days of mailing the I-751 from the Texas Service Center. Does anyone have any information about the time between mailing and reception of the reply as it relates to the California Service Center in Laguna Niguel.

All I can show you is my time line in relation to sending my packet directly to LAguna Niguel, CA.

Click this,..., and read the thread,...theres about 7 replys,...

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

meauxna , you are right. It's 3 years after approval of AOS which means the date she received her Conditional Permanent Residence card, not her 10 yr Green Card. She received that in Dec 2005, so she still has over 2 years before she can apply for citizenship. Thanks for that clarification.

Also, I asked her once again about what she had to do at this recent appointment. She said they did all of her fingerprints digitally, just as they did a year and a half ago right after she filed AOS, then they took another digital photo.

Timeline
meauxna , you are right. It's 3 years after approval of AOS which means the date she received her Conditional Permanent Residence card, not her 10 yr Green Card. She received that in Dec 2005, so she still has over 2 years before she can apply for citizenship. Thanks for that clarification.

Also, I asked her once again about what she had to do at this recent appointment. She said they did all of her fingerprints digitally, just as they did a year and a half ago right after she filed AOS, then they took another digital photo.

Which brings me to my next question....

Why have you filed I-751?

What prompted the Biometrics appointment? (that may remain a mystery)

If her AOS was approved effective 12/something/2005, she would file with you to remove conditions in the 90 days before 12/something/2007.

But I see your wedding anniversary listed in your timeline and wonder if that has become confused...

Then again, I could have sunstroke. :)

Edited by meauxna

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline

I'm still puzzling over this---I have not heard word one about PRs needing to go for biometrics annually. It doesn't make sense and it wouldn't happen without it being published somewhere. Even that USVisit expansion is still in the comment phase. Not arguing with *you*, mjpyro, just trying to imagine what your wife was told & why! :) Anyway, I've got someone I can ask later this week so will let you know.

Further to my previous post. Double, nay triple check, the "resident since" date on your wife's card. Then look at the expiration date. The I-751 must be filed in the 90 days before the expiration date.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Yeah, I don't know what they are doing in this whole process either. It seems to be completely random.

Here's what happened:

-We were married in Sept 2004

-We filed AOS in Oct 2004

-Went for first biometrics in Dec 2004

I expected a 2 year wait for any type of Permanent Residence card.

To our surprise, in early Dec 2005, the Permanent residence card shows up out of the blue one day in the mail. It was conditional, meaning it had an expiration date on it of Oct 16, 2006. That date is roughly 2 years after the date we filed AOS.

There were also instructions that we would need to remove the conditions by filing I-751 90 days before the expiration date, which we did in July 2006.

Went for second biometrics last week.

And here we are ....

As for what they told her at the Biometrics Service Center, who knows.

Timeline
Yeah, I don't know what they are doing in this whole process either. It seems to be completely random.

Here's what happened:

-We were married in Sept 2004

-We filed AOS in Oct 2004

-Went for first biometrics in Dec 2004

I expected a 2 year wait for any type of Permanent Residence card.

To our surprise, in early Dec 2005, the Permanent residence card shows up out of the blue one day in the mail. It was conditional, meaning it had an expiration date on it of Oct 16, 2006. That date is roughly 2 years after the date we filed AOS.

There were also instructions that we would need to remove the conditions by filing I-751 90 days before the expiration date, which we did in July 2006.

Went for second biometrics last week.

And here we are ....

As for what they told her at the Biometrics Service Center, who knows.

Wow, that is the strangest thing I've seen in a long time. :)

Out of curiousity... what's the 'resident since' date on her card? Was the card valid for two years, or one?

<g> I should never expect 'normal' out of the service....

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

We're right behind you mjpyro and annatenna :yes:Sent I-751 to TSC on July 31, received proof of delivery dated Aug. 2. We're checking the mail daily ....Denise

Update:

...received 1-year extension letter on August 7, and received biometrics letter on August 14, with an appointment date for this Friday, August 18 at our local (Charleston, SC) USCIS center.

Hello again Denise! I remember you !! Nice to "see" you once again. ;) I'm watching the mail too - in case of biometrics letter. I can't decide whether we'll get one or not - whether it's connected to the way we obtained our visas, or to the new proposed US VISIT thingie. You and I are both DCFers - I'll post on here if and when I get a call for fingerprinting.

Annatenna, have you received a biometrics letter yet?

Visit my Blog

We're right behind you mjpyro and annatenna :yes:Sent I-751 to TSC on July 31, received proof of delivery dated Aug. 2. We're checking the mail daily ....Denise

Update:

...received 1-year extension letter on August 7, and received biometrics letter on August 14, with an appointment date for this Friday, August 18 at our local (Charleston, SC) USCIS center.

Hello again Denise! I remember you !! Nice to "see" you once again. ;) I'm watching the mail too - in case of biometrics letter. I can't decide whether we'll get one or not - whether it's connected to the way we obtained our visas, or to the new proposed US VISIT thingie. You and I are both DCFers - I'll post on here if and when I get a call for fingerprinting.

DDL:

No! I was surpried to see your message, thanks for updating. I'd come to the conclusion that I would not be getting a bio letter. Hmmmm - now I wonder why i haven't?

Perhaps the appointments are sent by the local office and mine will be Oklahoma City, I think - maybe they are slower then some others - that's the only explanation I can think of - sigh - back to watching the mail every day! :blush:

Thanks again, Denise.

DDL:

No! I was surprised to see your message, thanks for updating. I'd come to the conclusion that I would not be getting a bio letter. Hmmmm - now I wonder why i haven't? Perhaps the appointments are sent by the local office and mine will be Oklahoma City, I think - maybe they are slower then some others - that's the only explanation I can think of - sigh - back to watching the mail every day! :blush: Thanks again, Denise

According to the return address/postmark, it looks like ours came directly from the TSC, but don't worry - they probably just ran out of that special green paper it's printed on because they sent us *THREE* copies of the exact same thing (go figure)!

The "notice date" is 8/4; it was postmarked 8/11 and we received it yesterday 8/15.

Yours should be there any day now ... :yes:

Denise

Edited by DDL

Visit my Blog

DDL:

No! I was surprised to see your message, thanks for updating. I'd come to the conclusion that I would not be getting a bio letter. Hmmmm - now I wonder why i haven't? Perhaps the appointments are sent by the local office and mine will be Oklahoma City, I think - maybe they are slower then some others - that's the only explanation I can think of - sigh - back to watching the mail every day! :blush: Thanks again, Denise

According to the return address/postmark, it looks like ours came directly from the TSC, but don't worry - they probably just ran out of that special green paper it's printed on because they sent us *THREE* copies of the exact same thing (go figure)!

The "notice date" is 8/4; it was postmarked 8/11 and we received it yesterday 8/15.

Yours should be there any day now ... :yes:

Denise

Denise

I rang the telephone number on my receipt letter just now - Customer Service - it's only automated, but when I got to the part whereone enters the receipt number the resonse I got was that it cannot be found.

Now I'm worried!!!

I'll start another thread and ask for some advice as to what I should do . It seems something has gone wrong somewhere.

Timeline
I rang the telephone number on my receipt letter just now - Customer Service - it's only automated, but when I got to the part whereone enters the receipt number the resonse I got was that it cannot be found.

Now I'm worried!!!

I'll start another thread and ask for some advice as to what I should do . It seems something has gone wrong somewhere.

No , Ann, don't worry!

I-751s can not be individually tracked online, or by human.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Now I'm worried!!!

No , Ann, don't worry!

I-751s can not be individually tracked online, or by human.

Thanks for the reassurance, meauxna. I'll keep waiting and watching. Maybe they're going to call me for interview as a random "victim" :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.