magnus0201

I-751 sent, notice received

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I sent my wife's I-751 packet to the Texas Service Center on July 20th, I mailed it regular Express Mail mail with no signature stuff or anything like that. In my opinion, that is a waste of money. Who cares if someone signs for it. If they say they don't have it, what good is saying "well, this person signed for it on XXXX". In the end, they are going to ask you to resend it anyway. With a generic govt. PO Box number, the US Mail is going to get it there, if not sooner, then later.

So, we received her receipt letter on Monday, July 31st. It says:

" Your alien card is extended one year employment and travel authorised.

Processing your form will require a minimum of 120 days. If you have not heard

from us within 11 months, then you may contact this office."

I will update as soon as we get any further information.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the letter said this:

" Your alien card is extended 12 months - employment and travel authorized.

Processing your form will require a minimum of 120 days. If you have not heard

from us within 6 months, then you may contact this office."

Hi! Cool :thumbs: Everything seems like it supposed to be ,so now you just have to wait 6 month until they send you and Approval letter :star:

Best Wishes (F)

Sincerely.

I have an update already.

Yesterday, August 4th, we received another NOA. They request my wife go for Biometrics (fingerprinting only I think) at one of their local centers. They gave her an appointment for August 11 at 11 AM. They said you could reschedule, but that would delay your application.

This is a little bizarre since she has already done this right after we filed her AOS application 2 years ago, but maybe this is one of their new methods of rushing it through. I put together a pretty thorough I-751 package in the hopes of avoiding an interview or delay, so I am hopeful that she will receive another NOA of approval in the next month or so.

Yesterday, August 4th, we received another NOA. They request my wife go for Biometrics (fingerprinting only I think) at one of their local centers. They gave her an appointment for August 11 at 11 AM. They said you could reschedule, but that would delay your application.

This is a little bizarre since she has already done this right after we filed her AOS application 2 years ago, but maybe this is one of their new methods of rushing it through. I put together a pretty thorough I-751 package in the hopes of avoiding an interview or delay, so I am hopeful that she will receive another NOA of approval in the next month or so.

What service center, if you don't mind my asking? There are so few people going through TSC that it'd be nice to hear about what happens when you do, so I'm crossing my fingers that that's it.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

What service center, if you don't mind my asking? There are so few people going through TSC that it'd be nice to hear about what happens when you do, so I'm crossing my fingers that that's it.

Hi everyone

I haven't been around here for a couple of years, but am now at a similar stage to Mjpyro.

We sent our I751 to the Texas Service Centre recently - on 25 July. Today, 5 August I received the letter of receipt/extension of greencard. It appears we are tagging along just behind mjpyro!

Hoping to receive the biometrics letter soon, as we want to take off on a road trip before the end of the month.

Fingers crossed! :star:

HI! When we were filing the I-751 ,I didnt receive any biometrics letter.

Well,maybe thats their new style of doing things or they just maybe have lost the old biometrics and need her to do it again.

Usually,when you go to the local office for the infopass appointment for I-751 they take the fingerprints of the one frontal finger from the right hand and fingerprint of one another frontal finger from the left hand.

If you have made a pretty thorough package as you say ,your wife is gonna be approved much sooner as you say within a month or so.

When you gonna go to the biometrics with her ask the officer about how is your I-751 application doing and when the Approval letter will arrive..?

It took 5 month in my case ., but ive heard some people were approved even sooner than that.

Sincerely.

Sweetgirl:

According to a poster on British Ex-pats message board, who had asked about it when attending for fingerprints, the biometrics letter is a new procedure which started 1 July.

I am guessing that it's connected with the new proposal that LPRs be subject to the US VISIT procedures at airports - link to info.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/pres...elease_0968.xml

We sent her I-751 to the Texas Service Center.

This request for more Biometrics is strange though. Perhaps it is part of a new expanded USVisit program, but as I said, shortly after we filed her AOS application in Oct 2004, we got a letter saying to report to a local center for Biometrics, as everyone does. We did that. In fact, the picture they took of her that day in that office showed up later on her EAD and Conditional Green Card.

In any event, we are going to do it again this Friday. The letter specifically mentions fingerprinting only. It als says that rescheduling will delay your application so there is no chance of doing that.

We're right behind you mjpyro and annatenna :yes: Sent our I-751 to TSC on July 31, received proof of delivery dated Aug. 2. We're checking the mail daily ....

Denise

Edited by DDL

Visit my Blog

We're right behind you mjpyro and annatenna :yes: Sent our I-751 to TSC on July 31, received proof of delivery dated Aug. 2. We're checking the mail daily ....

Denise

Hello again Denise! I remember you !! Nice to "see" you once again. ;)

I'm watching the mail too - in case of biometrics letter. I can't decide whether we'll get one or not - whether it's connected to the way we obtained our visas, or to the new proposed US VISIT thingie.

You and I are both DCFers - I'll post on here if and when I get a call for fingerprinting.

UPDATE:

The appointment today took about 30 minutes total. Apparently, you have to get Biometrics done once every year until you become a citizen. At least that is what they told my wife. I asked her if they meant her Permanent Green Card, and she said no, they said citizenship. Not sure if this is something new or not, but that's what they said.

They took her fingerprints again and another digital photo.

Now the waiting really begins.

UPDATE:

The appointment today took about 30 minutes total. Apparently, you have to get Biometrics done once every year until you become a citizen. At least that is what they told my wife. I asked her if they meant her Permanent Green Card, and she said no, they said citizenship. Not sure if this is something new or not, but that's what they said.

Thanks for the update, mjpyro. That's a new piece of information - once a year Biometrics! It's going to add to their workload somewhat. :hehe:

UPDATE:

HI!

Are u sure that you didnt file the N-400 form by cnance?.. :hehe:

Hm...thats so weard as why would they need the Biometrics for the Citizenship now?....as the N-400 hasnt been filed yet?.. :star:

I dont know you might get lucky and get approved for the Naturalization or something..., but the stuff l i am writing sounds nonsense to me :unsure:

But who knows ,as the INS is full of surprises sometime :thumbs::hehe:

Best wishes. (F)

Sincerely.

Denise

August 11: Received NOA today: receipt/extension of green card.

This is certainly some *good* news for a change, as my husband is in London (his daughter is getting married tomorrow down in Plymouth), having arrived just before all that mayhem at Heathrow earlier this week....

I want to use the word "kerkuffle" in the Heathrow sentence but I just can't work it in. I think "kerkuffle" is the coolest word!! :lol:

Denise

Visit my Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.