bacardi1950

Entering as a Tourist After Being Denied Entry

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

In October 2009, I was denied entry to canada because of lack of ties to canaada. Upon further inspection the border officer discovered my US Degree, she asked me how i was studying and i explained that i was under my fathers visa in the past (however there was no visa's under my name). Anyways, the officer told me that i was NOT banned for overstaying my visa which she could not find, and sent me on my way with a letter stating what i should bring next time to ensure ties to canada.

I am planning to enter the US on monday and want to visit some family i have down there. I have the following things to show ties:

-job stating my vacation time of 1 week

-phone bills

-gym membership

-new lease i just signed

- voter registration card

-my recent work schedules

my qeustion is, what should i expect when i go on monday???? i am very stressed because of this and any help would be greatley appreciated!

In October 2009, I was denied entry to canada because of lack of ties to canaada.

Your post makes no sense. Why don't you post it in French in the Canada section . . .

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I assume you mean you were denied entry to the United States for lack of ties to Canada

This happened to me. You can expect to be taken into secondary inspection where it will be more difficult for you. You will need to show that you intend to return to Canada. Your ties seem sufficient.

The guard told me, when I was in secondary, that they see those people who are likely to be granted admittance into the US first, and those with more difficult cases have to wait. So if you are seen quickly once you enter secondary inspection, then that is a good sign. Be confident in your answers and show them your ties and you should be fine.

You may also get an I-94 which will state your expected return date, my advice is to, before you surrender this, make a copy of it and have the Canadian border agent stamp it - I-94s may get lost, at lease you'll have your stamped copy if, in the future, it becomes an issue.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to provide an update. I was sent to secondary inspection and given an I-94 with a 20 day B2 visa. The border officer really liked the employment letter and the itinerary which showed my round trip ticket. Hope this thread helps anyone with similar issues.

Timeline

Excellent news! Enjoy your trip!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

That was totally uncalled for.

I suggested this as a means of a helping hand for what appears to be a French-Canadian. Oftentimes it's easier to post something in their native language, believe it or not.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would suggest that it was rude. Also, I see zero evidence in the original post to indicate that the OP does not have English as a first language. But, even if that were the case, this is an immigration board and periodically people that post here will have English as a second language (gasp) and it's up to us to either try to figure out what they are saying or to ask for clarification.

bacardi1950 - thanks for the update.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I will agree with Trailmix' comments - the comment was rude and uncalled for and inappropriate for the Immigration forums.

Bacardi, thanks for the update. Glad to know that all went as planned.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 2 months later...

Bacardi, I have 30days too! Its not much to enjoy the tour, now due to booking probs with the airline, I have overstayed for couple of days. My concern is, if I go home. There might be no assurance that I can come back here bcoz I have overstayed. There's no such thing as late and more late. A day overstay or years is jst the same, right? Or anyone has the same case with mine? I need help. Pls. Thnx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.