lilacvioletiris

K-1 May interviews Montreal !!!!

227 posts in this topic

Is there anyone else that is flying into Montreal in May for their fiance's interview? I have started looking at tickets and it seems the cheapest was about $430 U.S. dollars. Anybody else finding better prices?

Nothing from here. I don't fly, lol. We're driving the 6 hours from Burlington to Montreal. Should be interesting :D (Though he did try to get me to fly from Toronto to Montreal so we could attempt to get me over my fear of flying...)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a 12 hour trip from my house to the consulate in Montreal. I have one personal day left for this school year (we only get 2 and the other was used for Canadian Thanksgiving). His interview is on Monday so I need to get back home on Monday night to be to work on Tuesday. He and I will have to discuss price though. I am not sure I want to spend as much money as the places seem to want to fly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received packet 4 yesterday in the mail It was dated the 17th of March but not post stamped until the 23rd.

I just booked my medical, too.

Things are SLOWLY coming together. (:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are these interview in Montreal only for K1 Visas. I am waiting for my rescheduled interview for IR1 Visa, have not heard from Montreal Yet.

Is it ok if I call the number in Montreal? Is there someone who can help me get an interview Schedule?

Edited by mauve

We are driving too, my mom and sister are coming along with me and we're going to hang out in montreal for a couple days and tour.. :) I also hate flying but my fiance managed to get me on a plane to Georgia and back under some heavy tranquilizers.. lol.

And I have the same dates on my letter too Bevie, shame we couldn't get an interview on the same day and confuse them by being the two Bevs! lol

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Timeline

Are these interview in Montreal only for K1 Visas. I am waiting for my rescheduled interview for IR1 Visa, have not heard from Montreal Yet.

Is it ok if I call the number in Montreal? Is there someone who can help me get an interview Schedule?

I think they only scheduled k1's a couple weeks ago, so maybe the IR1's are coming up soon. I was under the impression that they didnt answer the phone there? Have you emailed them with "rescheduling" in the header?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm SOOOO happy right now. We got all of our I-134 paperwork together BEFORE we leave tomorrow! I was so stressed that it was going to take so long, but it took less than a week once I went with a cosponsor that didn't yank my chain. This process has been so grueling and I'm so upset with my aunt/uncle for what they pulled. Luckily, my grandpa saved the day! I can't wait to be back in Canada tomorrow night!!! :blush:

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

I'm SOOOO happy right now. We got all of our I-134 paperwork together BEFORE we leave tomorrow! I was so stressed that it was going to take so long, but it took less than a week once I went with a cosponsor that didn't yank my chain. This process has been so grueling and I'm so upset with my aunt/uncle for what they pulled. Luckily, my grandpa saved the day! I can't wait to be back in Canada tomorrow night!!! :blush:

I am glad you posted your frustrations/questions because I had forgotten I needed to get this done. May 3 is coming up quickly for me and my fiance'.

What did you do with the "bank deposits" part of the I-134 (the date account was opened, total amount deposited fro the last year, and the present balance)? How long did it take for your bank to get this document for you? (I only get paid once a month and would like to have my April paycheck in my account before I get this statement) What about the statement from your employer?

I am glad you posted your frustrations/questions because I had forgotten I needed to get this done. May 3 is coming up quickly for me and my fiance'.

What did you do with the "bank deposits" part of the I-134 (the date account was opened, total amount deposited fro the last year, and the present balance)? How long did it take for your bank to get this document for you? (I only get paid once a month and would like to have my April paycheck in my account before I get this statement) What about the statement from your employer?

Well, my grandfather makes way over what he needs to with income (between his part time job, pension and social security) so we used that, his personal property, and his house (which is 100% paid off). We were going to use his bank account stuff, but it just seemed a little like overkill. For his employment letter, he just got them to write out his position, his annual salary, how long he's worked there, etc. We have copies of his 2007, 2008, 2009 taxes, along with W2s for his job, his pension and his social security. We're pretty optimistic that this will be enough because all of it together adds up to over $150k. For his house, we have a print off of the assessed value from the county assessors office, and you can't really prove up the personal property, so we just rounded down to 20k.

We managed to get all of this together in one week, because my grandfather had all of his tax papers already, so we didn't have to wait for the IRS to send them, and the letter from his employer.. well, he went in and said "I need this for my granddaughter, like, yesterday." so they got it to him quickly.

I'm really, really hoping it'll be sufficient. Stupid employment hasn't been very nice to me, so I don't have a job currently. I guess at least I'm going to school full time! LOL.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

I think it is just weird to give the deposits from my savings and checking from the bank. but it is what the instructions say to have for me, so I will get it from my credit union. I called the IRS for my tax transcripts on Saturday. It says it takes 10 to 15 business days so hopefully I get it before I fly up to Canada on April 30.

Well, you don't really have to if you make over the 125% poverty line, especially if it's well over. If you don't, then you can supplement with the other sources. We just used the other sources as a "just in case!" type of thing. :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

true.. we just used his w2 from this year with Davids 1040 and tax transcripts for the last 2 years.; no extra bank info etc. worked out fine.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Ok so far we have:

Lilacvioletiris May 3

jasonandsarah May 4

corcor May 7

Kevbev09 May 12

Frenzyheart May 17th

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th

Supportgeek May 20th

:dance::dance::dance: Keep them coming Montreal! :dance::dance::dance:

Do you know when all these members sent their packet 3s back to Montreal?

I just called today and heard that they've recevied my packet 3...but no interview date. I sent my Packet 3 completed April 6th....I'm hoping to get a May-June interview...everything for our wedding is booked for July 31....

Most of us with interviews in May sent our P3s back in January/February. It's unlikely that you'll have a May/June Interview, but you never know!!! That's why they say not to make any real specific and finite plans (like booking things, etc) until you have the visa. :( I hope you get it your wish, though. :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.